Pat Militech says running ultra-marathons is probably tougher than fighting

This shit is insane.

The Badwater Ultramarathondescribes itself as "the world's toughest foot race". It is a 135-mile (217 km) course starting at 279 feet (85 m) below sea level[1] in the Badwater Basin, in California's Death Valley, and ending at an elevation of 8360 feet (2548 m) at Whitney Portal, the trailhead to Mount Whitney. It takes place annually in mid-July, when the weather conditions are most extreme and temperatures over 120 °F (49 °C) are not uncommon. Consequently, very few people—even among ultramarathoners—are capable of finishing this grueling race.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badwater_Ultramarathon

so it was retarded to set up a fight with rda, the lw champ, after knocking out aldo in 13 seconds? he's having one other fight since then. against the guy who beat him. it's retarded to you and not worthy of your respect but it will be a huge money fight and has the blessing of the org. but you don't respect him. carry on from your perched position.
yes, that's exactly what I said, it's retarded to fight for a title. you're making stuff up, man

the whole LW thing, it was cool, but when he couldn't fight the champ and lost to a mid tier LW, it was over right there, defend your title and see how it goes from there

Pat Militech's fat ass would say something like that....

Some of Pat's fights in the Octagon looked like marathons.

I have never done that stuff.
The people who do it are usually a teeny bit crazy, But not as much as the crazies who ascend peaks in the Himalayas.

Pat's talking like Josh Thompson didn't head kick diaz and have him tapping out and his brother throwing in the towel. You can hurt them and they can get tired. Diaz was tired against GSP that's why he was just standing there in front of GSP not doing anything. Even Rogan called him out on it and he loves the Diaz bros.

Conor still koes that fat skinny guy.just digging the grave a little wide and deeper.

Pat is so right anyone that has ever trained and competed in a triathlon knows it takes a lot of mental and physical strength to complete the course. When you look at Nick Diaz he's probably the only fighter that could easily fight 2 fights in 1 night both being 5 round fights. He has a cardio tank that never gets empty. He's the same in round 5 as he is in round 1. How you think he has that much energy? He trains and competes in triathlons all the time. Since Nate started training for triathlons he too has been a changed fighter. Probably the best way to train a fighter for cardio and strength is to have them train and compete in triathlons.

I'm not a fan, but I'm just curious, why do you call mcgregor "connie?" It's got more letters, and takes more time to type out. Do you do it because it's generally seen as a girl's name and therefore offensive?

Because he's 'not a liberal' and wants steroids in MMA. Wish all dim posters would follow his lead and display in their signature a sentence or two that immediately disqualifies them as candidates to have any of their full posts ever read. Would save a great deal of time weeding out the low IQ contributions.

I've ran 5 marthathons and I've competed at a world class level in submission fighting. Honestly running for 4 plus hours requires a huge amount of mental discipline and strength. Everything else becomes a breeze
With all that submission training you'd think you could run it faster than four hours plus.

My PB is 3:36 and I'm no world class athlete.

Just sayin...

I agree, try running 10 miles on a treadmill and see what kind of shit go through your mind hahaha

I was a distance runner for a while, but then I switched to sprinting and I always hated sprint workouts more. They seemed so much worse. Absolute misery.

What could you possibly do to someone like that?

59dc6-11natediazvs-joshthomson3.gif

If you think Vegans are pussies who lack protein you should check out this guy who only eats raw fruit/vegetables and runs 100 mile endurance races.
He's probably 5'2" 130. All the committed vegetarians I know are short and/or skinny in a bad way.

I'm gonna assume you've never been long distance running. That's a true mental war. Pat knows what he's talking about. He's been on both sides. Once you get 3 to 4 miles into the run you begin to want to quit. Then you push through and catch a second wind. Then you go through a much worse process over and over. It gets worse every time. That's a true blue mental workout. If you can do that, getting mentally prepared for a fight is a breeze. People die from trying it if they're not completely prepared. Not many people can do it.
want to quit after 3 miles?

Anyone running more than 10k is wasting their time and hurting their body/fitness with hammering their joints and premature aging. Stupid people train endurance sports.

i would rather get knocked out than run 100 miles

Back