Pat Militech says running ultra-marathons is probably tougher than fighting

lol at shouldn't be respected for fighting the guy who just beat his ass. you guys are hilarious.
he's the champ at FW, he needs to defend his belt, dummy

i used to coach cross country / track & field long distance and even that sucked, so i can imagine 75 miles being a lot harder then fighting.

he's the champ at FW, he needs to defend his belt, dummy
i get it. but lol at that meaning he doesn't warrant respect. he's fighting a guy who fucked him up instead of rematching a guy he knocked out in 13 seconds. so he doesn't get your fuckin respect. lol.

i get it. but lol at that meaning he doesn't warrant respect. he's fighting a guy who fucked him up instead of rematching a guy he knocked out in 13 seconds. so he doesn't get your fuckin respect. lol.
if he loses to nate AND loses at 145, he would be done

losing against nate again and at 170 (bigger man and all that crap), he still can have some drawing power

I'd rather fight Nate/Connor, get ko'd or choked out and get paid millions instead.

because that's what people start calling him as an offensive way to do it

and since he shouldn't be respected because he doesn't want to defend his title to pursue meaningless rematch, I say it

i see.

if he loses to nate AND loses at 145, he would be done

losing against nate again and at 170 (bigger man and all that crap), he still can have some drawing power
so again he has no respect from you for fighting the guy who beat his ass instead of rematching the guy he knocked out in 13 seconds.

so again he has no respect from you for fighting the guy who beat his ass instead of rematching the guy he knocked out in 13 seconds.
he has a fucking title to defend, holy shit

Id rather get in a fight than run more than 5 miles.

There is nothing more boring in the world than running. It's awful.

I have a ton of compassion for people who do that. They must be suffering deeply.

Every time I meet someone who runs marathons I ask a simple question that is apparently very offensive.
"What are you running from?" When asked why I don't run, I laugh and say "I'm not like you, I fight."

Every time I meet someone who runs marathons I ask a simple question that is apparently very offensive.
"What are you running from?" When asked why I don't run, I laugh and say "I'm not like you, I fight."

Terrifying stuff.

So Marathon runners are the true A Level athletes that sherdog has been talking about?

Instead of no Cardio NFL/NBA players?
no, marathon runners have A-level toughness, not athleticism. Completely different modalities. Often, one develops toughness out of necessity to compensate for a lack of athleticism. While A-level athletes are not tested to their limits enough to develop the tenacity required to increase their willpower.

he has a fucking title to defend, holy shit

he beat aldo in december of last year. yeah, it's too bad aldo has had to wait so long for his rematch.

don't worry though. aldo has an interim belt himself.

this is ONE extra fight he's taking, to fight the guy who beat him. it will sell a lot. but boo hoo, the fw belt will wait a little. get over it. for you to say he doesn't deserve respect is laughable and shameless.

he beat aldo in december of last year. yeah, it's too bad aldo has had to wait so long for his rematch.

don't worry though. aldo has an interim belt himself.

this is ONE extra fight he's taking, to fight the guy who beat him. it will sell a lot. but boo hoo, the fw belt will wait a little. get over it. for you to say he doesn't deserve respect is laughable and shameless.
oh, you're another fanboy. whatever

oh, you're another fanboy. whatever
not a fanboy at all.

i don't show disrespect to fighters who take on challenges that make them an underdog when they can take easier fights. you apparently do.

not a fanboy at all.

i don't show disrespect to fighters who take on challenges that make them an underdog when they can take easier fights. you apparently do.
his taking "challenges" while he's champ in another division while not even defending the belt even fucking once. that's completely retarded

Do you even women bro? Of course they suck and fuck better. Goes for fitness chicks in general. Fat bitches are supposed to be hard workers but they're fat and can't get shit done.
But they sure can suck a mean ****
Sadly, I may know this from past experiences
In my young n dumb days
Now I'm just old n dumb, but wiser...somewhat ;)

I'm gonna assume you've never been long distance running. That's a true mental war. Pat knows what he's talking about. He's been on both sides. Once you get 3 to 4 miles into the run you begin to want to quit. Then you push through and catch a second wind. Then you go through a much worse process over and over. It gets worse every time. That's a true blue mental workout. If you can do that, getting mentally prepared for a fight is a breeze. People die from trying it if they're not completely prepared. Not many people can do it.

About 100 feet into a run I'm usually like fuck this is boring as all hell I'll do something more fun for cardio

I definitely think there is a mental toughness for people who do marathons/triathlons/ultramarathons competitively. I can't even comprehend running 10 miles straight, let alone 100.

his taking "challenges" while he's champ in another division while not even defending the belt even fucking once. that's completely retarded
so it was retarded to set up a fight with rda, the lw champ, after knocking out aldo in 13 seconds? he's having one other fight since then. against the guy who beat him. it's retarded to you and not worthy of your respect but it will be a huge money fight and has the blessing of the org. but you don't respect him. carry on from your perched position.

I used to endurance training with a group of marine recruits that was borderline insane. We'd do grueling excercise for hours in 100deg heat. Literally until we puked. We all got to the point where our muscles never got tired & we could sprint miles.

I remember thinking there's no doubt that I could go all out in an MMA fight for 5 rounds & not be tired one bit.

Now i probably couldn't make it 1 round.

Still can't say anything like that compares to getting beat on.

Back