Pat Miletich says that Lawler would DOMINATE GSP

Prime GSP vs Lawler? Georges all the way...

I respect and enjoy watching both GSP and Lawler a lot. But It seems to me this is a bad match up for GSP. Lawlers take down defense has gotten amazing and we all know that GSP doesn't have the best chin.

LOL

Hendricks landing bombs on GSP for 4 rounds...i think GSP has a great chin

Who knows with his latest injury but a 90% GSP handles Robbie easily.

got lucky with hendricks win,gsp would out grapple lawler.

he also said when DC and jones fight. that DC would ragdoll jones... TJ won 100 bucks off that one

As I said in the other thread.

Funny thing is that was the same basic belief or hope behind almost every GSP contender from BJ onwards. The belief they had the tdd to keep it standing, the ability to get back up, and then the chance to then out strike and finish GSP on the feet.

Only towards the end of GSP run once he lost his explosive tds and his transition game do I see current Lawler being a threat. When GSP was his best Lawler was not yet his best and would not have been seen as the threat Alves was in the same vein.

There is a reason why Robbie is the champ. Its because GSP isnt fighting.

I've been saying what Pat Miletich has said for a long time. Lawler smashes George...

People also have said that, "Oh he won't beat Kosh. He won't beat Rory. He won't beat Johny. He won't beat blah blah blah..."

Dont know why everyone thinks gsp would win at this point, he did a hell of a lot better against hendricks, guarantee gsp goes the distance with ellenberger, and gsp has taken some damage his last few fights, at this point Lawler has got a real good chance of catching him cause gsp isnt finishing Robbie

"Robbie is a much more refined striker than Georges is. He hits much harder and Georges certainly would not be able to hold Rob down and ride out a decision."

Could we possibly get a poll?

What do you guys think? I think Robbie Gets taken down at will, but would have the striking advantage over GSP if GSP didn't establish his jab right away. Would be an awesome matchup if GSP came back.

Source:
http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...k-st-pierre-012015?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:ufconfox

50-45, 49-46, and 50-45 for GSP. The middle judge thought Robbie was Irish for some reason.

What do you guys think? I think Robbie Gets taken down at will, but would have the striking advantage over GSP if GSP didn't establish his jab right away.

If Robbie had a striking advantage then GSP would just one of his many tools to nullify it. GSP is an expert in countering advantages.

I like Lawler, great guy, but GSP would get an UD.

1st. GSP didn't get destroyed. Actually he won the fight.

2nd. That was by far the best hendricks version we've ever seen. He was in way better shape. than both his fights against Lawler (dodging random testing was probably the reason).
lol. GSP got owned. Youre a bad judge

If Robbie had a striking advantage then GSP would just one of his many tools to nullify it. GSP is an expert in countering advantages.

It would probably look at lot like the Alves fight. Id est Lawler doesn't have a chance.

I've been saying what Pat Miletich has said for a long time. Lawler smashes George...

People also have said that, "Oh he won't beat Kosh. He won't beat Rory. He won't beat Johny. He won't beat blah blah blah..."

And more so people have said and hoped since GSP took that belt that the next guy is the guy with the tdd to keep the fight standing and then the ability to beat GSP on the feet. blah, blah, blah.

That has been pretty much the promo of the majority of GSP's defenses and yet...50:45.

BTW Alves posed every bit the threat and more that Lawler would have during GSP's pre surgery prime.

GSP wins 3 of 5 rounds via takedowns and has his riddum screwed up while standing but he wins via takedowns in 3 different rounds. (Judges overvalue takedowns without GnP or close submission attempts.)

I am a huge GSP fan, probably one of the biggest he ever had and that's saying a lot. Do I think GSP could win... yes, certainly. Would it be easy...NO.

I am a firm believer that GSP retired at the right time. He was still an incredible talent but you could easily see the physical gifts he had over 99.9% of his opponents starting to slip. Not his fault at all. He was getting older and these things happen naturally with aging. But the biggest set backs came with the knees. Obviously he's only fought after one of the knee surgeries and that was enough. His take downs were no where near as explosive. I mean he even struggled taking Diaz down later in the fight. That would have never happened in his prime. His best days are over. His legacy is cemented as thegreatest WW in the history of the sport and one of the top 2 or 3 fighters ever in any weight division. Todays Lawler would pose a huge threat. But make no mistake, today's Lawler as good as he is and he's fantastic, wouldn't be able to do shit against Georges in his prime. He would have been on his back all night staring up at elbows and Gnp.

Back