Pat Miletich says that Lawler would DOMINATE GSP

people love to talk shit when the King is not in the castle

where was Robbie all this time that George wa son top? oh yeah getting choked out in strikefarce.

people love to talk shit when the King is not in the castle

where was Robbie all this time that George wa son top? oh yeah getting choked out in strikefarce.

Where was Robby when GSP was debuting at 170 in the UFC? That's right at 170 in the UFC. Getting beat up by Pete Spratt and knocked out by a Diaz jab, then he leaves the WW division and the UFC while GSP was in the midst of conquring the WW division. GSP came and stayed around for a decade. These two didnt fight because of the path Robby took with his career. Robby is the only reson they didn't fight. Easy to talk now, but Pats words mean absolutely zero at this point. Pat has had an inferiority complex over GSP for years. He was the guy after all who told us GSP would never out wrestle Hughes because the wrestlers are no good in Canada. He is still bitter GSP whooped Matty boys butt and his gym went from a super camp to irrelevant, and he also takes the cake for being the worst commentator in the business. Horrible kickboxing analyst.

Last edited:
GSP is way better at setting up his takedowns through strikes, and unlike Hendricks he has fantastic top control.

Look how many times Johnny had to take Condit down because he couldn't maintain top control. Once GSP got Carlos down, he always got a few mins of top control out of it.

Robbie is a great fighter but pat is reaching here. Let's see if he can defend his belt before he proclaim him better than the greatest Welterweight of all time.

Eh, almost nobody gets held down in high-level fights anymore. Takedown defense has improved a lot. It's like how nobody gets beaten by kimura anymore at the highest levels. Pat's probably right, as he usually is.

When was the last time a guy was held down for half or more of a championship fight? Sonnen - Silva?

lol. no. just no, pat.

Eh, almost nobody gets held down in high-level fights anymore. Takedown defense has improved a lot. It's like how nobody gets beaten by kimura anymore at the highest levels. Pat's probably right, as he usually is.

When was the last time a guy was held down for half or more of a championship fight? Sonnen - Silva?

Robby couldn't even get up on his own when Rory took him down. He had Rory rocked early in round 3, Rory still put him on his back. Rory was hurt and Robby still needed to rely on an early ref stand up to get up off his back.

This is all moot anyways. Robby has been around as long as GSP. GSP didnt bounce around to different organizations or weight classes. There was no secret on where GSP could be found for a decade. 170 in the UFC, Robby was there and he blew his chance to get his ass handed to him by a prime GSP.

I think Lawler stands a good chance against current GSP. I mean GSP got destroyed by an ever improving Hendricks

1st. GSP didn't get destroyed. Actually he won the fight.

2nd. That was by far the best hendricks version we've ever seen. He was in way better shape. than both his fights against Lawler (dodging random testing was probably the reason).

Kos gets koed by about anybody nowadays, Rory is not on the same level as GSP and GSP is probably even better than Hendricks at MMA wrestling (and has much better cardio). I'm not saying Robbie isn't good, just stylewise he is not the most difficult matchup for GSP. Shields was, also Penn and Hendricks.

Shields was GSP's most difficult match up? On what planet does a guy as one dimensional as Shields pose problems to the most well rounded WW ever? Hendricks was the truly most difficult match up for GSP, and it showed when they fought. Lawler is similarly interesting because he is also a southpaw who can shut down a jab with lead hand control and is a better counter striker than Johnny, even if he is not quite the wrestler.

Glad to see Pat thinks so hIghly of GSP that he's comparing the current champ to the champ that walked away from his belt. Why not tell us who Lawler will dominate currently fighting at 170.
I like Lawler and hope he remains champ for a long time, but when trainers in your fight camp are talking of you dominating a former champ who's currently retired is a little weak to me.

fucking lol

love lawler but this is a joke prime gsp would dominate smother and wrestlefuck him to oblivion

I've always liked Pat Miletich but hell he must've been on something to believe what he said. GSP would control Lawler in every round if they would ever fight. Hell I believe even Nick Diaz could knock his ass out again.

But thats due to him being able to rag doll people for 5 rounds and I just don't see him keeping Lawler on his back. GSP is far and away one of my favorite fighters and I would be happy to see him win that fight I just think from their past fights and gauging their strengths and weaknesses its a bad match up for GSP.

GSP in his prime fucks Lawler up 5 rounds to nothing. Even now he could probably still beat him in a close fight. But yea, its close, and Lawler could win. That tells you how good GSP was that double knee surgery retired GSP probably is one of the best if not the best Welter on the planet.

Hendricks beat Lawler twice. GSP beat Hendricks.
GSP>Hendricks>Lawler.

It's elementary ufc math 101.

Lawler would get taken out with ease and controlled for 25 mins. He would land some good solid shots on GSP, but that's it.

Of course he did. I bet he picked Hughes the third time against GSP too.

Dominate is a strong word, but I would be surprised if he gave him the Rory treatment.

George takes him down over and over and tires Robbie out. You fucking can't take rounds off against GSP and GSP wont stop coming. GSP by domination.

Back