Pat Miletich says that Lawler would DOMINATE GSP

But thats due to him being able to rag doll people for 5 rounds and I just don't see him keeping Lawler on his back. GSP is far and away one of my favorite fighters and I would be happy to see him win that fight I just think from their past fights and gauging their strengths and weaknesses its a bad match up for GSP.

Okay, I could see him being a bad match up, but he does not have a bad chin. He's never even been KO'd.There was Serra, which was his equilibriumand nice follow up that made GSP tap, and then Condit's head kick, which was half connection, half off balance. GSP's chin is probably the least I'd be concerned with. me, it's his knees, as they are a major part for his speed and takedowns. If his knees are getting shitty, then it will affect his fighting abilities.

GSP could win based on his workrate/output. Lawler froze in front of Hendricks and only became active when he was stuffing TDs.

All of a sudden everyone gets talkative once the legendary champs steps away.

Even those with double digit losses:) Come on Pat, Robbie wasn't even the best WW in your little camp in Iowa.

Maybe Pat is just trying to distract from the fact that Robbie is 1 and 1 for the vacated title and took multiple rounds off in those fights. That's not how you fight in the championship rounds of title fights.

Georges certainly would not be able to hold Rob down and ride out a decision

maybe not in early rounds, but IMO we'd see robbie get so tired from escaping that he would become ineffective by championship rounds if not sooner. lawler has not shown great cardio as much as great heart at certain moments. he's too often inactive (see most of Hendricks II) or gives up a td in crucial moments as against Henricks I. GSP doesn't slow down like hendricks. and he's got a ton of heart too. i don't see any way for robbie to win this except by early KO--and GSP isn't likely to get caught with his cautious style.

god no. it wouldve been a one sided beat down with Robbie on the receiving end!

Okay, I could see him being a bad match up, but he does not have a bad chin. He's never even been KO'd.There was Serra, which was his equilibriumand nice follow up that made GSP tap, and then Condit's head kick, which was half connection, half off balance. GSP's chin is probably the least I'd be concerned with. me, it's his knees, as they are a major part for his speed and takedowns. If his knees are getting shitty, then it will affect his fighting abilities.

Serra vs GSP 1 was the first UFC event I ever attended, I still remember that K.O. and being shocked. I was like 14 or 15 at the time haha.

GSP could win based on his workrate/output. Lawler froze in front of Hendricks and only became active when he was stuffing TDs.
yeah, i think this is the key to the fight.

Serra vs GSP 1 was the first UFC event I ever attended, I still remember that K.O. and being shocked. I was like 14 or 15 at the time haha.

Nice dude! I would love to attend a live UFC event. Was going to try and hit up the one in Halifax, but ended up having a gig that night.

Lawler is awesome, but I think even the current GSP would give him some serious trouble.

Prime GSP would run thru the entire Prime Miletich WW roster including Hughes, Pat and Robbie.

He would do it as easily as he did against the entire Cesar Gracie WW/MW team including Nick and Jake. Prime David Terrell would have been conquered as well.

We are still talking about the only legendary champ with 12 gold UFC belts that defeated every opponent he ever faced, right Pat?

Well Pat is just old and confused. Still love him though.

He is being a bit biased but at this point I could see Robbie beating up GSP and would favor him. GSP hasn't been the same since his knee injury and has been off a while. Robbie looks to be better than ever, is a southpaw like Hendricks which gives GSP problems but he's a better striker than Hendricks.

I think Robbie's TDD and butterfly guard would prevent GSP from grinding him down and GSP will have even more problems with Lawler than he did with Hendricks on the feet due to his greater diversity.

I'm not as confident as Pat but if someone does get dominated in that fight I think it's GSP that gets dominated.

Robbie was gassed while fighting another gassed fighter, and was able to win the judges over (and me...I think he won the fight) because he was able to will himself into a -little- bit of late-fight activity/flurry.

Versus GSP/Nick or other conditioned fighters, he can't limp through rounds 3, 4, and part of 5 to get to that last bit of output. GSP or his conditioning-ilk suffocate him mid-fight.

Even current GSP beats Lawler, especially in a 5 rounder.

GSP is Mr. Planning. He never had the best tools but his planning, conditioning and the fighting IQ he and his team have seem have done the job over the years. GSP won't try get into a slug fest with Lawler. He would more than likely ground him. Hendricks has a very low center of gravity and he his very strong. He was the only one GSP could not ground. However, there is only one guy like Hendricks right now.

I watched Robbie fight in Strikeforce D-league. He isn't refined in shit.

GSP is Mr. Planning. He never had the best tools but his planning, conditioning and the fighting IQ he and his team have seem have done the job over the years. GSP won't try get into a slug fest with Lawler. He would more than likely ground him. Hendricks has a very low center of gravity and he his very strong. He was the only one GSP could not ground. However, there is only one guy like Hendricks right now.

His wrestling was arguably the best in the division, he outwrestled nearly everyone he fought. I mean, if isn't him, who is?

Idk. Gsp cant hold robbie down BUT gsp is complete mma fighter,he has great stand up and it would be close fight

Back