Pat Miletich: Conor gets hospitalized at 170, Nate beats him again

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Actualized174, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Actualized174

Actualized174 Black Belt

"No. He’s going to get his ass beat by Nate again," he said about McGregor facing the popular lightweight at a higher division. "And even if he were to get lucky and beat Nate, he fights guys that cut down -- some of the guys at 170 are cutting down from 210-215 pounds. I mean, you’re talking skull fractures from punches from guys like that."

"The 170-pounders who walk around at 200, 200-plus, could punch a heavyweight and break his jaw and knock him out," he said. "So these are explosive, very strong guys, who if Conor McGregor even remotely attempts to take them down, he’s going to get shut down. And if he gets hit with a three-punch combo, (he) is going to the hospital."

"I’ll tell you what though, I will say this, Conor McGregor has sold the sport, he’s sold himself. I think he’s brought some of the Chael Sonnen-WWE from Ireland into it, which is great and more power to him. I love the guy, actually."

As for why he thinks Diaz wins again on the rematch, Miletich says that not only will Nate have the experience and the durability, he will also have the mental edge. The 50-year-old is currently training for a long distance run, and after knowing the toll it takes not just physically, but also mentally, he has a growing appreciation on what the Diaz brothers accomplish with the number of triathlons they compete in.

"I think Conor’s going to come in very motivated, bigger, stronger, but he’s not gonna be able to hurt Nate."

"Look, I’m training for a 100-mile run in two-mile altitude. The Diaz brothers do stuff like that on a regular basis," he said. "You cannot get them tired, you cannot hurt them. What can Conor McGregor do to Nate Diaz, that doing a 50-mile or 75-mile run can’t do to him?"

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/8...t-champ-mcgregor-would-end-up-in-the-hospital

2. joeyjoejoe

joeyjoejoe Silver Belt

Leather it's what's for dinner!

Sean Long likes this.
  3. Russ82

Russ82 Green Belt

A fighter like Conor doesn't lose to a fighter like Nate twice. Nate is going to get smashed.

4. sirmorbach

sirmorbach These violent delights have violent ends

There's a good chance he might lose, yeah, but people are all of a sudden acting like it's the easiest fight Nate's ever had ahead of him and Conor will be murdered in seconds.

Jesus. Easy does it.

5. BRASIL WAND

BRASIL WAND ▓▓▓AMERICAN TOP TEAM▓▓▓

Pat Miletich is a guy who knows the sport, some of you don't even understand how much this guy knows about MMA both from a successful fighter and Coach perspective.

A true pioneer.

6. Essie

Essie fuck Platinum Member

Pat Miletich: I want to be relevant.

MagnusGOAT, Lawblaw, Dalarna3 and 4 others like this.
  7. Reaper Down

Reaper Down Blue Belt

There will be doubters of Conor until he retires. I have him winning this fight by at least a unanimous decision.

8. BRASIL WAND

BRASIL WAND ▓▓▓AMERICAN TOP TEAM▓▓▓

Lol what an idiot, when did you start watching MMA, last month?

When you discuss the history of MMA, you CAN'T discuss it without bringing Militich's name up.

-First UFC WW Champ

-Founded the FIRST true dominant modern American MMA Camp in MFS

-Produced UFC Champs and MMA legends like Matt Hughes, Tim Sylvia, Jens Pulver etc.

Etc.

Men like you would get slapped for much less in MMA communities.

9. Essie

I actually haven't ever seen this MMA stuff but it seems kind of cool. This Miletich guy doesn't sound too interesting though.

10. asdf122345

asdf122345 Black Belt

Nate will finish conor by tko.

phillysmoker likes this.
  11. phillysmoker

phillysmoker Blue Belt

diaz by 47 second KO

12. McgreGOATsLeft

McgreGOATsLeft alone

"Hospitalized" lol. I love when people over exaggerate to a just ridiculous extent.

13. sabretitan

sabretitan Black Belt

It's click bait to stay relevant
    I respect Pat a lot. These kind of remarks on breakout stars will become more and more common. Nothing to lose sleep over .

14. Bill Laimbeer

Bill Laimbeer Brown Belt

Best analyst in the game and UFC Hall of Famer .....a lot more relevant then your Walmart employee of the month plaque.

15. basementdweller

basementdweller Black Belt

being hospitalized after a fight is pretty normal though

joeyjoejoe and Death By Samson like this.
  16. Essie

One thing I find really interesting about people who get mad on the internet is when they create narratives about people they don't even know. Am I supposed to be upset that you said I work at Walmart (and apparently did well enough to get an award!)? It's just fiction, you have no idea what I do or how I live. It's a really, really weird form of projection and I don't know why people do it.

17. TheBulletwithWings

TheBulletwithWings WAR EL CUCUY!

By that logic he shouldn't have list the first one therefore there is no logic in your post.

18. McgreGOATsLeft

McgreGOATsLeft alone

Not in the context that he is using it in though, he's implying that Nate is going to physically brutalize him enough to land him in the hospital lol.

19. basementdweller

basementdweller Black Belt

"So these are explosive, very strong guys, who if Conor McGregor even remotely attempts to take them down, he’s going to get shut down. And if he gets hit with a three-punch combo, (he) is going to the hospital."
    he is being cool

MonkeyGirl likes this.
  20. Qwerty1

Qwerty1 Purple Belt

Pat has that aura about him to hardcore fans. When he speaks you listen type of thing. I myself dont know everything about him, but i know he is held in high regard.

MonkeyGirl likes this.