Pat Healy on Joe Rogans commentating: "Ur man crush on Cain is making this fight..."

Lol, whoever said this clearly was more of a JDS fan than a Cain fan and was just butt hurt. Joe's commentary was fine considering the way the fight was going.

this one's funny:

Pat Barry
@HypeOrDie

I GUARANTEE WHOEVER LOOOOOSES, SILLY PEOPLE ARE GONNA DEMAND THEY GO DOWN TO 205!!!

well, he wasn't lying. i saw those threads last night.

Thats the worst commentary by Joe ever. Serisouly i havent seen that much man love in my life. It was sickening. Sure you can be fan of someone, but if you have job like he has atleast TRY to hide it.

yeah. he shoulda have been praising the guy getting his ass kicked. youre right.

well JDS did NOTHING so I wonder how his commentating could have been any different?

Yep. If this was a competitive fight the commentating by Rogan would be different. But it was a one sided beat down.

Such as acting like Cain was doing great when he was looking ridiculous falling all over the place and missing takedown after takedown and coming forward with sloppy strikes.

How was he acting like he was doing great? Not to mention that lasted a few seconds before he got him down...

Cain was destroying JDS and making him look like he didn't belong in the cage with him. Rogan was misguided in his bias towards Leben in his fight, but his bias towards Cain was right on track. JDS had nothing for him. All Rogan was doing was explaining in an enthusiastic tone what was happening in the fight -- Cain kicking ass.

As I remember, rd 1 commentating wasnt great.

JDS was landing stiff jabs at will for the first 3/4 of the round. No mention of it in the commentary though.

I saw it as biased. I mean if you just listen to the commentary without watching the fight, you'd think JDS was a punching bag, just standing still or laying there

Is there something inaccurate about that?

His performance consisted of being a punching bag while either standing there, laying there, getting up, or backing up...

well JDS did NOTHING so I wonder how his commentating could have been any different?

how about not going ON AND ON about how Cain can keep up the pace for five rounds? Especially since that is clearly NOT the case, as Cain considerably slowed in the champ rounds (and against a guy who "did NOTHING").

that is not at all a criticism of Cain - but rather of the clowns who perpetuate tired catch phrases and generalizations as a substitute for legit analysis.

Rogan essentially admits getting caught up in fights as a fan, which is part of the problem - we're all fans and don't need another fan calling the fight. some objectivity would be nice, particularly if he were to provide some advice/analysis for the guy on the losing side, instead of just riding the frontrunner's nuts.

Jds and his jet lag issues kept him from being competitive , What was he gonna say he gave JDS props for his heart and that is all that can be said positively about his performance

what he said is true. watch it again. pretend you don't care who wins, and see how the commentary sounds

It sounds like they are describing what was happening in the fight, while speaking positively about the guy handing out the 1 sided beating...

how about not going ON AND ON about how Cain can keep up the pace for five rounds? Especially since that is clearly NOT the case, as Cain considerably slowed in the champ rounds (and against a guy who "did NOTHING")..

Now that is fair.

how about not going ON AND ON about how Cain can keep up the pace for five rounds? Especially since that is clearly NOT the case, as Cain considerably slowed in the champ rounds (and against a guy who "did NOTHING").

that is not at all a criticism of Cain - but rather of the clowns who perpetuate tired catch phrases and generalizations as a substitute for legit analysis.

Rogan essentially admits getting caught up in fights as a fan, which is part of the problem - we're all fans and don't need another fan calling the fight. some objectivity would be nice, particularly if he were to provide some advice/analysis for the guy on the losing side, instead of just riding the frontrunner's nuts.

How would you analyze what jds was doing?

You guys should have heard the spanish broadcasters lol. It was the first time i watched a full event in spanish. They were screaming for Cain.

who are the commentators, and are they any good?

a few guys have said they far prefer the spanish to joe and goldie, but i am not a spanish speaker, so i have no idea.

thoughts?

Back