Pat Curran vs Justin Lawrence Added to Bellator 145

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by CC27, Aug 20, 2015.

1. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/2...-curran-meets-justin-lawrence-at-bellator-145

2. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

Big step up in competition for Lawrence, not many options for Curran other than Goiti and prospects like Lawrence. Bellator has to hope Lawrence wins cause Curran is kind of in a tough spot in the div.

3. Skydome

Skydome Banned Banned

Been unimpressed with Curran as of late, hope Lawrence takes this.

I think I'm gonna have to accept Pat for what he is at this point, a very solid FW who occasionally flashes his brilliance and looks like a world beater.

4. Go Go Plata

Go Go Plata Black Belt

These latest fight announcements have been looking very good. Finally, mixing old talent against competitive new talent.

5. EJRMAN513

EJRMAN513 Black Belt

Just saw this on Sherdog's front page.

It seems their really trying to build Curran back up considering that he's 2-3 in his last five. I hope that this is proper build up that leads him back to a proper to number 1 contender's match for the title instead of throwing him right back into the Straus/Pitbull/Weichel equation after having him beat guys that aren't on their level.

6. Spycho

Spycho Black Belt

Curran got this. Lawrence has horrible fight IQ; he'll get overenthusiastic and get caught in a choke or something like that.

7. Thesnake101

Thesnake101 Think about it, it worth it.

Hopefully Georgi fights the winner of this, or maybe make a fight between Weichel and Georgi.

8. VIP1349

VIP1349 Silver Belt

Going to be a big step up for Lawrence. Went from debuting against a gimme to Curran real quick. But there really is just like Four top flight guys in Bellator at 145 than the rest are playing catch up.

I think Lawrence might pull the upset though. He's mixed it up well of late and Curran has looked very underwhelming of late.

9. Arkridge

Arkridge Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

I like that Lawrence gets a step up but I think it's a little too much too soon. I see Curran taking it comfortably but I'd like to see Lawrence get the win.

10. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

Lawrence has looked good but since the guys he has been fighting arent on teh level of Curran.

Big opportunity for him, if he wins he instantly launches himself into a contender spot probably right behind Georgi. Depend on Georgi's injury and how fast Pitbull/Straus want to fight again a Lawrence win over Curran could get him the next title shot in the spring of 2016.

11. The_Renaissance

The_Renaissance On, ahem, fleek

Big step up for Lawrence but should be a really entertaining fight.

Imagine Lawrence wins?! Curran would be done, IMO. If he's as good as some say, he should be beating young rookies like Lawrence with ease. I mean, at one point some thought he could beat Aldo?!

Curran wins, IMO. Either a submission or a comfortable UD.

12. InfinityLens

InfinityLens Black Belt

Big step down, he should be getting a Weichel rematch. Lawrence should fight someone like Fabricio Da Silva, this is too much for him.

13. Devilboy86

Devilboy86 Green Belt

This is a bad fight for Lawrence but the perfect next step for Curran. Curran ir one of Bellators boys they obviously set this up to rebuild him not thinking bout Lawrence at all.

They should have brought back Diego Nunes for Pat Curran and then have Lawrence in another squash match... he needs to build up a resume and highlight reel, only 25 years old.