Pat Cummings vs Fedor

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JustOnce, Aug 14, 2015.

1. JustOnce

JustOnce Always learning

Fedor is a GOAT for me. Best P4P fighter in the world. I didn't think there would be a fighter who can outstrike him and able to keep the fight standing, so I naturally thought if anyone beats Fedor, I figured it would be someone with great wrestling with submission defense.

They will say Fedor got tapped by Werdum and knocked out by Hendo, but I really doubt many people saw it coming, if at all. They will talk about how good they are at doing that to their opponents, but it was against Fedor. Hell, Hendo didn't think he could do it himself either. And shit happens, even Marcelo Garcia gets tapped out by triangle and Duran gets knocked the hell out before, eve without going full retard trying to finish an opponent who's not as hurt as they first appeared.

I think fighters like Cummings would've been the toughest match up for Fedor. I hate the guy's style, but he's more of a double leg guy and Fedor in my opinion, has a really good single leg defense, and has a lot better wrestling than people give him credit for, in 30 plus fight, how many times did he get taken down, really.

Cummings in my opinion is worse match up for Fedor than many heavyweights, in my opinion because of the STYLE of his takedowns and the way he fights. I think Fedor matches up lot better against Werdum, Cormier, JDS than he does against Cummings, ESPECIALLY in a three round fight. Because styles make fights. Cormier is a wrestler, but the way he sets up his single leg and clinch takedowns, I think Fedor can negate that more easily than the way Cummings go for his doubles.

We will never see this fight, but I think it would've been interesting.

*ps: I think Fedor beats Werdum, JDS, and if he adapts to the cage well, since he looked out of his element against Rogers, Bigfoot and Hendo, then everyone else from HW.

2. lifelessheap

lifelessheap Gold Belt

Fedor would lay him out in the first round. Cummins gets tagged all the time.

I didn't read your thread because even as a Fedor hater I know it is kinda dumb.

3. frederick

frederick Red Belt

I like watching Cummins fight, especially with the story of how he got into the UFC. He's a really good fighter, if a bit unpolished.

4. JustOnce

JustOnce Always learning

Prime Fedor didn't have a knock out power like he showed against Tim and Arlovski. He hit hard hard, but it may or may not happen in fights. Question becomes, what then?

5. lifelessheap

lifelessheap Gold Belt

[​IMG]

Fedor would do worse things to him.

6. BOTTICELLI

BOTTICELLI MMA Fanatical Sabbatical

Osp and dc

Destroyed Barista!

Fedor would murda him !

7. Indianapolis Jones

Indianapolis Jones Green Gucci Suit Platinum Member

I'll take most against Fedor right now TBH. Pat first round TKO.

8. JustOnce

JustOnce Always learning

I'm saying if Fedor doesn't connect, what happens.

Because, knock outs can/cannot happen. Yeah, Fedor probably beats him, but the stylewise, I think Cummings is the prototypical mould of a fighter who was going to beat Fedor.

9. BRASIL WAND

BRASIL WAND ▓▓▓AMERICAN TOP TEAM▓▓▓

What a troll.

Pat takes way too much damage attempting TDs. Because hes such a high level wrestler he can shoot from very far out and still complete the TD at the cost of eating strikes in the process.

Do you have any idea how hard Fedor hits? Fedor would knock his head into the nosebleed seats. Or take pity and just attempt a TD and armbar him in the scramble.

10. JustOnce

JustOnce Always learning

I thought Fedor was so good not because he knocks people out becaue he could do it all. In hypothetical setting, where a fight is whatever that it can be, if you run it like you may do a game simulation, there would be plenty cases where the other guy doesn't get knocked out. Fedor does hit hard, but he wasn't like JDS when he was more closer to his physical prime and one shot people. He was more like JDS when he got more careful as he became champion and all that, not as careful, but not as much of a one shot ko artist.

Yeah, Fedor would probably win, but when you look at the potential fight rationally, you don't go, hey the guy gets tagged a lot, and other guy hits hard, sh other guy probably gets knocked the hell out. No, you break down their skillsets and look at various possibilities of how the fight itself could play out, because you don't force kos.

11. MaulingMyClown

MaulingMyClown Purple Belt

Call me crazy, but I never thought Fedor was a great striker...To me that's like saying Wandy was a great striker...I think they were/are very similar in the fact that they threw with reckless abandon and always swung for the fences. It's just the fact that when they hit you, they hurt you.

12. SalvadorAllende

SalvadorAllende Interim Belt

Well.. he outstruck Prime Crocop standing. I think he was an impressive striker.

13. Bartinho

Bartinho Brown Belt

It's 2015, Fedor is no longer that Fedor.

14. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

Fedor would go through him like a rock through a wet napkin

15. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

Fedor was one of the most effective and intelligent strikers there was. Completely different then Wanderlei in many ways.

16. gotBooched

gotBooched maximus entertainus

fedor by decapitation followed by defecation.

17. Maybesomeday

Maybesomeday Green Belt

So you want Fedor to fight some random light heavyweight, because you think its a harder fight for him than fighting a heavyweight fighter? Really? Dont you have anything better to do?

18. electricfuneral

electricfuneral Red Belt

if fedor can not connect, he arm bars pat.

19. crocopteam

crocopteam I don't need no belt!

Nah.... the guys finally cracked the top ten, would hate to see his career end so soon!!

20. MaulingMyClown

MaulingMyClown Purple Belt

I guess I'd say he was effective, but not technical in my opinion. Still arguably the GOAT as well.