Pat Barry ??

i dunno thats just a loss on an up and comer's record and a another KO win for Barry. i really want to see Barry against a really decent Kick-Boxer or Puncher/Striker with good TDS but isnt scared of Barry's stand up. ie Roy, Carwin.

Both of those guys have virtually unbreakable chins and they're much higher ranked than Barry. Nelson and Carwin are arguably top ten, IMO and Barry's fringe top 15. I could see those fights getting booked and they would be very entertaining but they sound like mismatches as of right now.

Both of those guys have virtually unbreakable chins and they're much higher ranked than Barry. Nelson and Carwin are arguably top ten, IMO and Barry's fringe top 15. I could see those fights getting booked and they would be very entertaining but they sound like mismatches as of right now.

Barry is #20 in my personal Rankings that i keep. but i know what youre saying. and i totally agree about them being miss-matches as of Barry's technique on the ground

Dave Herman just to knock that goofy look off his face

i laughed

winner of Jordan/Russow

or loser of Rothwell/Gonzaga

rather see Winner of Rothwell/ManBearPig vs Barry

Barry is #20 in my personal Rankings that i keep. but i know what youre saying. and i totally agree about them being miss-matches as of Barry's technique on the ground

Yeah man, it's tough being a pure kickboxer learning grappling. MMA's striking game isn't very evolved so grapplers learn effective MMA striking a lot better than strikers do grappling. Barry's always got a chance though. Every round starts standing.

rather see Winner of Rothwell/ManBearPig vs Barry

Rothwell/Barry would be absolutely awesome.

Pat is coming off a big KO win over Shane Del Rosario. Who would you like to see him fight next???

(Besides Mark Hunt who is Fighting Struve in 2013)

me? Personally i would like to see Pat fight:

Travis Browne 13-1-1
Shane Carwin 12-2-0
Roy Nelson 19-7-0

i know these guys are higher Ranked than Pat i would just like to see him fight a higher profile fight than people like:

Stipe Miocic 9-1-0
Dave Herman 21-5-0

although i would LOVE to see Pat KO Dave Herman lol

dave herman is an easy fight for anyone

Velasquez when he gets UD'd or TKO'd by JDS.
mma_e_silva_sy_576.jpg

Duffee, I think roy would destroy him on the ground.

Duffee, I think roy would destroy him on the ground.

after hearing Roy's post fight interview, i think he is willing to test his stand up with a really good striker. Thats where Pat Barry comes into play. Overeem has a match lined up. JDS and Cain are fighting (although he can fight he winner though not likely). and Hunt is fighting Struve. so Barry vs Nelson could work out. *crosses fingers*

i agree but at the same time i wanna see him in higher profile fights. he has a decent name and following of fans. to see him slowly make his way through guys we all know he can KO isnt something i wanna see.

Stand-and-punch guys are typically fed more weak opponents than grapplers who have a similar ceiling because they are easier to sell and so Dana tries to give their bandwagon a longer run.

Another lower ranked HW interested in a slugfest. I mean we can't forget the guy is 7-5, so matching him up with any top guy seems a little silly.

Back