Pat Barry vs Roy Nelson?

Roy's not big enough to do what Lavar did.

Huge guys and guys that want to close the distance on Barry give him the most trouble. Roy wouldn't want to fight on the outside like he normally does, against Barry. Because Barry throws KICKS with both legs, as well as punches.

I do think Barry would have an edge in the stand up but I think sooner or later Nelson would either grab a kick or hurt him with a power punch and use the opportunty to get it to the ground and either sub or pound out Pat.

I guess Barry might be able to do some real damage with leg and body kicks though. Sometimes I wonder if JDS, Mir, and Werdum could have stopped him if they made a bigger effort to attack the body instead of his head.

I think Nelson would KO Pat not take him down. Pat won't KO Roy and Roy will stay up long enough to catch Pat. Roy has just as much power as Kongo and Johnson

would be a good fight if it stayed standing, but i doubt that would happen..... i think roy would take him down pretty easy and sub him.... thats why i would rather see pat vs hunt, that would be a stand up war.

interesting match, though i think nelson gets this

I would prefer to see Barry Vs Hunt than vs Nelson. Nelson will submit him in the first!

itll be a huge step backward for roy

plus hes tough enough to take pats strikes, and leagues enough to smoke him on the canvas

no thanks

Doesn't do much for Roy's progression in the ranks, but I would love to see this fight... at 205!

itll be a huge step backward for roy

plus hes tough enough to take pats strikes, and leagues enough to smoke him on the canvas

no thanks

No one's really tried to kick Roy the way Pat would.

Would be interesting

Pat is a good guy with a huge heart.I know everyone knows they are going to die one day but pat is one who really see's it and thats why you get what you get from him.Everyone posting right now and everyone we all know will not be around in 100 years...

Pat is a good guy with a huge heart.I know everyone knows they are going to die one day but pat is one who really see's it and thats why you get what you get from him.Everyone posting right now and everyone we all know will not be around in 100 years...

Whoa, where'd you go with this thread there Mister? Come on back to us ...

Sounds good, and "it makes sense rankings wise". Also "Roy has a better chin than Pat, that could make a difference" :)

No one's really tried to kick Roy the way Pat would.

Would be interesting

no doubt itd be a fun fight if rankings didnt matter and roy banged with him

dont think kicks are a big enough factor to change the fight

Rankings do matter (unless you're Nick Diaz) so Barry would need to win a few fights to be eligible. If it eventuated, I couldn't see Barry knocking Roy out, and Roy's would eat him up on the ground. I'd live to see it though.

Hunt v Barry would be the ideal match up for me though.

Would love to see how Nelson takes some heavy legkicks. Hope I get to see this matchup...

I want Nelson vs Hunt, win or lose to Struve.

Gotta agree with Emjay. The UFC has shown time and time againthat rankings are meaningless and have no bearing on their matchmaking.

Back