Pat Barry vs Mourad Bouzidi @ glory 20

Not anymore, watch Spetcu vs. Jansen, Spetcu vs. Hamza or Ciobanu vs. Jallon (decisions against won matches by the locals). They eliminated this, moreover you"ll be able to vote online or via phone as a fan in 2015.

Only B Stoica vs. Loren was questionable but that referee was fined and banned for some fights. Watch Stoica vs. Quitusisa (that was after the Loren fight, so they learned) and Stoica vs. Bugaenko what fair decisions they had. Not even extra-rounds.

I can also say the same about the Glory"s paper champion Rico Verhoeven or about the North American wins.
To be fair they have improved the judging lately but the mismatches seem to have returned a bit again.

Varga vs Amrani pushed to the superfightseries card on Glory website. Would be a shame if it won't be shown on Spike.

Varga vs Amrani pushed to the superfightseries card on Glory website. Would be a shame if it won't be shown on Spike.

van roosmalen vs ristie has replaced it ;

so it wont be shown on spike, in the US i guess it will be CBS or streamed

shame they couldnt add another fight to the spike card for it

although title fight, 5x3, tricky i guess

Lol so Barry gets a main slot but Varga vs Amrani is on the SFS.

Fucking bullshit yo.

Lol so Barry gets a main slot but Varga vs Amrani is on the SFS.

Fucking bullshit yo.

the reason that doesnt make sense to you is because you are thinking like a hardcore fan and not somebody who works in TV or marketing and whose job it is to maximize viewership.

Varga is fucking brilliant and Amrani has been one of my favorites since day; either one of those dudes could walk round Times Square ten hours a day for a week and not get recognized once

oh and, they said before the last show, with the cbs deal those superfight cards will host title fights etc in future

Doesn't really matter for me. as long as they're fighting. Guess for now Glory has to push a couple chosen ones. cbs deal sounds good, more stacked SFS.

the reason that doesnt make sense to you is because you are thinking like a hardcore fan and not somebody who works in TV or marketing and whose job it is to maximize viewership.

Varga is fucking brilliant and Amrani has been one of my favorites since day; either one of those dudes could walk round Times Square ten hours a day for a week and not get recognized once

oh and, they said before the last show, with the cbs deal those superfight cards will host title fights etc in future

It's a title fight though. If you're fighting for the title you should be more than basically a prelim fight. It's just a bit disrepectful imo, to go from headlining bout to Superfight Series. the fight being rescheduled would be better imo.

It's a title fight though. If you're fighting for the title you should be more than basically a prelim fight. It's just a bit disrepectful imo, to go from headlining bout to Superfight Series. the fight being rescheduled would be better imo.

its part of the deal for CBS that they get title fights though

i think, anyway

So how did the numbers of the CBSports SFS from last week compare to the Spike broadcast?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it didnt have a fraction of the viewers.

IMO if you're trying to build up your world class Kickboxing org you want to put the best guys in front of the broadest audience.

Just weird as shit promoting! They Do not put Ristie on spike last event and then the next he headlines. Then after the spike audience has seen varga win a contender tournament 2 events ago and are promoting his title fight on the last event to be on spike is moved to sfs.

Do not get me wrong if forced to choose I would much rather watch ristie vs rvr but how do they expect to build stars doing things like this? I just hope now the ratings improve enough for someone else to outbid spike when their contract runs out

So how did the numbers of the CBSports SFS from last week compare to the Spike broadcast?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it didnt have a fraction of the viewers.

IMO if you're trying to build up your world class Kickboxing org you want to put the best guys in front of the broadest audience.

but then if CBS are asking for x-fight or fighter to make the deal , what then?

dont forget ristie has had a ton of spike airtime, comparatively speaking - g12, g17 - so its not like he is coming out of left field as this mystery awkward lanky killer

Just weird as shit promoting! They Do not put Ristie on spike last event and then the next he headlines. Then after the spike audience has seen varga win a contender tournament 2 events ago and are promoting his title fight on the last event to be on spike is moved to sfs.

Do not get me wrong if forced to choose I would much rather watch ristie vs rvr but how do they expect to build stars doing things like this? I just hope now the ratings improve enough for someone else to outbid spike when their contract runs out

i mean.. presumably you just watch both cards?

i mean.. presumably you just watch both cards?

The hardcore will but as you keep trying to say they are not doing this for us.

DO you really think the average person they are trying to recruit is going to watch both?
They will be lucky to ever get 150k people watching on cbssports

but then if CBS are asking for x-fight or fighter to make the deal , what then?

dont forget ristie has had a ton of spike airtime, comparatively speaking - g12, g17 - so its not like he is coming out of left field as this mystery awkward lanky killer
I don't think you appreciate how obscure of a channel CBSports is. It better be a lucrative enough deal to make it worth losing stars from the flagship network. You're going to find that the majority of the audience will just be tuning into Spike for their source for Glory, and when you have guys not being represented there you are losing continuity. I'm being a bit critical obviously, but I think as the numbers for SFS come out the proof will be right there.

I can't remember, but was the SFS on CBSports advertised on the Spike broadcast?

well the situation is this - glory wants to get rid of tournaments or at least make them optional but spike insists that they want a tournament every card. this means that 3 of the 5 fights on the card are Tournament. This leaves only two fights for them to play with. Their hands are tied.

with those two fights they then have to make a fight which does something for casuals and marketing (Barry) and a fight for the titles/rankings

Previously the Superfight Series aired some crazy way via going on Youtube a month later or whatever; at least this way anybody with CBS can catch it, anyone who cant can order the stream and i know for a fact that most of us on here are members of the Tracker...

so it is far from ideal but it is better than it was and if it can improve little by little, then thats good. But glory do not have the option to remove tournaments right now so they are very limited in what they can do with these Spike cards.

i saw a prospective card for May event which was unreal, two title fights, amazing co-main, a fight which would have probably guaranteed another viral KO and then space for another fight. But i was shown it only as an example of what Spike had turned down in favor of a tournament again. For me, if youre looking for ratings, the non-tournament card was the one. But Spike are the network so, i guess they know best

damn, hope barry is ok fighting still

Is the sfs always going to be shown a week after the card? I don't see why they can't do a lead in.

Don't over think this! The Glory CEO announced that the deal with CBS at this point was for 3 SFS events and they will continue to survey the opportunities. Is the potential for viewership on CBS Sports Net as high as Spike? NO. But they are answering to the complaints of not airing the SFS in the U.S. It makes perfect sense to swap the Main Events at this point. Ristie vs. RVR is a bigger draw for the live event. I've learned that NO decision by Glory will go uncriticized on this forum but seriously, let it play out. Small steps. I'm surprised with all of the "Expert" marketing and promotional "Knowledge" expounded on here that you don't have a job in the industry that would limit your time pontificating here!

Back