Pat Barry on MMA fans - words of wisdom (must watch + let me bang bro dude)

Pat's a great guy but fans can say what they want, within reason. There's no point getting upset at some random drunk or ass in the arena or on forums.

So true, I wish Pat didn't worry about that shit so much, he seems like a great guy, and it's sad too see how unhappy this stuff makes him. You know Fedor, Overeem and Cro Cop don't spend too much time worrying about the silly stuff haters say about them, they just enjoy being professional badasses, and I wish Pat could copy that mindset a bit.

Most idiots did vote for him cause hes black and then they re elected him cause hes black or they love their welfare checks. They dont even look at what a lying sumbag he is or how much hes screwed up. Pat Barry is right on about this.

To be fair, I think the second time around voters wanted to choose the lesser of two evils. True Obama may not have been the greatest candidate in any other election cycle. But many people thought of the idea of having Romney, the flip flopping rich elitist Mormon as a president and said "Fuck that!" So I'm sure a lot of people chose Obama by default.

So true, I wish Pat didn't worry about that shit so much, he seems like a great guy, and it's sad too see how unhappy this stuff makes him. You know Fedor, Overeem and Cro Cop don't spend too much time worrying about the silly stuff haters say about them, they just enjoy being professional badasses, and I wish Pat could copy that mindset a bit.

Still difficult to ignore. Any guy starting out, especially in smaller shows here in the states, will get an earful from dip shits who have never accomplished anything in their lives. I don't think Barry lets it get to him, but calls people on their bullshit.

For someone who says there's nothing you can o to change stupid fans he sure spends a lot of time talking about them............

good series of clips, great attitude and a smart guy. Also, its nice to see another fighter talk about how fighting makes you a better fighter... i said that many times with my previous account and constantly got called someone who just avoids hard work and a keyboard warrior... if you want to throw a punch harder its better to throw the punch on bags, mitts, pads, sparring and shadow boxing thousands of times in order to improve you setups, timing, distance and hand speed than it is to hit the gym like crazy and bench an additional fifty pounds.... same goes for all aspects technique, timing and cofidence lead to more successes than brute strength

ibgy4SVgyy19fR.gif

TELL 'EM

i still dont understand how that didnt KO SDR

Hmm doesnt want to slash social security net huh. Remember back when he said if Congress couldnt get a deal worked out he couldnt guarantee social security checks would go out. That sounds like slashing it real good to me. Oh and the CIA has found and destroyed the terrorists networks not obama. All obama has really done is give millions to solar companies who then went bankrupt and allowed illegal aliens to stay her. Hes also delayed work on the oil pipeline that could create thousands of jobs and lower gas prices.so before you start running your stupid mouth get the facts straight first.

Haha, don't want to get into a political argument with you man, this is obviously not the proper forum, it doesn't seem like you're interested in an intelligent discussion, and like I said, I have a lot of issues with Obama myself (though I don't appreciate you calling my mouth stupid, and my facts are straight man, he clearly doesn't want to slash the social safety net, that's not on his agenda, which I assume you know given you said his voters only went for him because "they love their welfare checks," the terrorist thing is a perception issue, and fair or not, a lot of people attribute the CIA's success to his policies, and clearly waste money on solar companies and delay the oil pipeline is not all he's done). My point was that Pat Barry wasn't hating on Obama, he was commenting on the many ignorant voters who went for him, but he could have just as easily made the analogy regarding any other big politician, and you were either mistake or being intentionally disingenuous in implying Barry hates Obama in the same way you clearly do.

Still difficult to ignore. Any guy starting out, especially in smaller shows here in the states, will get an earful from dip shits who have never accomplished anything in their lives. I don't think Barry lets it get to him, but calls people on their bullshit.

Oh yeah, I don't blame him at all, and I don't know if I'd be able to ignore it in his position, it just seems like this shit really gets under his skin some and I wish it didn't. I hope you're right though that he doesn't, and I do really love it when he calls guys out, and I also just love his general positivity towards his fellow fighters, it's nice to see.

Talk about keeping it real....gotta love HD, if for no other reasons than his passion & honesty...

turn on closed captioning for this video on youtube. it is hilarious at some points.

Seriously.

Heh, Barry is fricking awesome.

My point was that Pat Barry wasn't hating on Obama, he was commenting on the many ignorant voters who went for him, but he could have just as easily made the analogy regarding any other big politician, and you were either mistake or being intentionally disingenuous in implying Barry hates Obama in the same way you clearly do.

Your point was both evident and bang on the money dude. The guy you're dealing with here is obviously not the brightest spark in the box, he
a)misinterpreted the initial point made by Barry
and
b) still missed the point after you spelt it out for him
StarTrekFacePalm.gif

Last edited:
Pat Barry is the fucking man and I agree with him 100% it's a point i've tried to make on Sherdog before maybe less articulately, but I love this video.

Some people on Sherdog and the internet in general just make you worry for the human race, they really should be banned from breeding.

Odds are he did vote for him but he is stating that the color of the man's skin is unimportant and you should focus on the content of his character or some shit.

Lol I like your use of or some shit at the end there.

Obama is a good President imo and I like him quite a bit. But people that voted for him purely based on skin color (and there were many) are ignorant fucking racists.

Haha, don't want to get into a political argument with you man, this is obviously not the proper forum, it doesn't seem like you're interested in an intelligent discussion, and like I said, I have a lot of issues with Obama myself (though I don't appreciate you calling my mouth stupid, and my facts are straight man, he clearly doesn't want to slash the social safety net, that's not on his agenda, which I assume you know given you said his voters only went for him because "they love their welfare checks," the terrorist thing is a perception issue, and fair or not, a lot of people attribute the CIA's success to his policies, and clearly waste money on solar companies and delay the oil pipeline is not all he's done). My point was that Pat Barry wasn't hating on Obama, he was commenting on the many ignorant voters who went for him, but he could have just as easily made the analogy regarding any other big politician, and you were either mistake or being intentionally disingenuous in implying Barry hates Obama in the same way you clearly do.

Neither one of you know what the fuck you're talking about.

All I hear is generalizations and cliches....

Do us all a favor, spare us your collective political wisdom and STFU.

Neither one of you know what the fuck you're talking about.

All I hear is generalizations and cliches....

Do us all a favor, spare us your collective political wisdom and STFU.

Little harsh there man, I pretty obviously do know what I'm talking about, and I'm not talking in generalities or cliches at all, I'm pretty specific. That said, you're right, this isn't the place, sorry I responded to that guy, should have kept quiet. What can I say, I got Pat Barry'd (got understandably annoyed and overreacted to someone's ignorant, intentionally inflammatory shit when i might have been happier if I'd just let it go)

He's right, look at what happened to JDS

"I knew he wasn't legit. Top 10 at best"

Back