Pat Barry being huge

This cannot be real. I'm not hating on pat, i'm a fan. But no human being should be doing something like that. That is definitely doing a lot of harm to his lower back, and that could cause damage over time thats irreversible. The worst part, there's no great reward for taking that risk. I cringed watching that.

wtf is up with that link

lol at the guy on there getting all angry.. I bet he posts on sherdog

"This guy is Pat Barry professional MMA fighter that competes for the UFC he is a physical specimen and is doing that stuff just for laughs. I'm pretty sure he is doing well without your advice guys lol. You guys are calling him an idiot and whatnot, he is a professional athlete, and you... well are regular people sitting in a couch calling him names."

Its true, its pretty hard to succeed really well at anything, I myself am not great at anything, and it kinda bums me out at times. Barry has dedicated his mind, time and effort into becoming a great MMArtist. Sure he may not be the best ever but he is in the premier league and is also fun to watch IMO.

I can't get the link to work for some reason on my firefox and I cant even find internet explorer, but just because a professional athlete can do something that seems it can be dangerous to a couch potato like person does not make it ok for the couch potatoes to insult him or call him names.

Imagine if a regular size couch potato guy was told by a group of REALLY OBESE couch potato women and men that he was an idiot for walking all the time? A super fat person thinks walking is hard and stressful on their backs, but its ONLY because these really obese people don't walk so it seems hard.

The human body is capable of a lot of cool/crazy things if you just practice practice practice! I hope my post makes sense lol.

You can't wait to say something negative about Sherdog though.

Just saying. :icon_chee:wink:

I don't even think I'm being negative in THIS case.

Just making an observation

In other instances, yeah, you gotta fight fire with fire. These guys (the fighters) don't deserve 90% of the crap that they get from the so-called fans on this site

Positive thinking is for losers and Oprah. But I understand looking for the best in others.

Lol, I'm not asking for people to have "positive thinking" in that hippie sense. When you're fighting for instance, time to hate... let the hate flow if that's your bag. Competition in general... you do your thing.

I'm talking more that on these forums it would be nice to see more positive phrasing rather than SEEKING the negative things to say.

As much as I like Pat Barry, he has to do shit like this to keep his fanbase going because with his current skillset (which doesn't look likely to improve much) he's not going to get very far in the HW division.

His ground game has been improving noticeably.

Shall we expect Pat to pull out of upcoming fights due to back injuries?

Thats just fucking stupid,

If you're going to do that you may aswell just bench press, or do a proper standing press with no back bend.

Just lost alot of respect for him because of that, this is about as bad as when he got Rose to do a deadlift with a ridiculous amount of weight using terrible form to pick it up.

He's a clown. Somewhat amusing initially, but tries way too damn hard and his act is stale.

If that's for real, that's fucking retarded.

There is absolutely no benefit to doing a press that way, and there's a tremendous amount of risk. There is no point to doing it that way; he neither gets the benefit of focusing on his chest and arms, nor does he isolate his core or strengthen his back.

Do a military press or do a normal bench press, and do some ordinary core exercises with a medicine ball. That half-assed 'standing bench press' is just a major injury waiting to happen.

Hmm, I guess giving up mount on lavar johnson wasnt the most stupid thing pat barry has ever done

holy shit, my lower back screamed at me just watching this video

the fuck is wrong with Pat, you would think a "professional athlete" wouldn't be this big of a moron when it comes to taking care of their body

Oh, look. It's a thread full of people who don't know shit about lifting!

Over extensions of the lumbar spine to turn a press into more of a bench press, thereby using larger muscles to press more weight is nothing new, and very strong men used to do it to get higher numbers back when the clean and press was an olympic weightlifting category.

overheadpress.jpg

But I guess it's soooo bad for you.

It is lol. Open a kinesiology book.

Nice pic from the 70s bro.

Oh, look. It's a thread full of people who don't know shit about lifting!

Over extensions of the lumbar spine to turn a press into more of a bench press, thereby using larger muscles to press more weight is nothing new, and very strong men used to do it to get higher numbers back when the clean and press was an olympic weightlifting category.

overheadpress.jpg

But I guess it's soooo bad for you.

where are they now?

Back