Pat Barry being huge

Bunch of negative nancies on this forum.

Barry is a positive, goal-oriented, and genuine guy. He keeps it positive and he stays strong despite his set backs.

I want every sherdogger on here to try to avoid saying negative things today. Just say the positive opposites of whatever angry, hate-filled crap you were going to spill today. Every put-down into an opposing compliment. Instead of "Bisping was never good" you say "Vitor showed he's still got it".... or conversely, if Bisping wins "Bisping really put his gamplan together today" instead of "Vitor is old and stupid and I hate him". :)

Smile bitches.

Good call.

Watching Pat Barry try to hurt his back and damage his career is not the most moronic thing I've ever seen.

Am I the only one who sees Pat being his regular sarcastic self and joking here?

So many people reacting seriously.. peabrains. peabrains everywhere.

Incredible that so many people in here think he's being serious.

He's put some light weights on a bar, pretending it's heavy......he's making a 'funny' video for his fans, end of story.

Granted, he's not funny in the slightest....but he's not being serious, dipshits.

E3xBB.gif

Incorrect. Clean and jerk and clean and press were both part of the olympic weightlifting concurrently and the press wasn't removed because the jerk was more effective, they were different things.

It's not really an olympic press as he would have to move his body through the bar at the top so the bar aligned over and behind the head for the lockout.

well there you go.

If it's one thing that I've learned from Sherdog is that people will always hate on Pat Barry for anything he does.

If it's one thing that I've learned from Sherdog is that people will always hate on Pat Barry for anything he does.

Especially since he upset the racist part of the mma community (quite a large one it seems) by instagramming his response to some racist.

It was a beautiful piece of racist-bating my Pat.

So true. Its not like he does this everyday, its a fine display of strength. Something tells me there's a little jealousy going on here.

Don't try this at home, kids. If you do, you deserve whatever happens.

Are you people retarded. He is joking. There is no way he actually does this as part of his routine.

#SnapForBarry

Oh, look. It's a thread full of people who don't know shit about lifting!

Over extensions of the lumbar spine to turn a press into more of a bench press, thereby using larger muscles to press more weight is nothing new, and very strong men used to do it to get higher numbers back when the clean and press was an olympic weightlifting category.

overheadpress.jpg

But I guess it's soooo bad for you.

I think its a joke. And he will probly b laughing at all the sherdog weight lifting experts slating him for it.

Back