Pastor trolled on social media for wearing $4,000 sneakers: 'The lord Jesus walked around in sandals

Is a vow of poverty necessary in Christianity?
I don't think so. As long as a man is not showing avidity & greed, there is no problem in him owning a BMW or other expensive item.

The problem I think is when the man who owns those things is evil. I think you can identify these people when the consumption is just too much. Multiple houses, cars, etc.

Lol man people following these preachers are fucking idiots. Believing in God is stupid anyway though fuck God and fuck his stupid followers

Got to respect their hustle...Making millions off of a dead jew on a stick from gullible masses with no tax on their income. Don't hate the player, hate the game and all that stuff.

Everyone talks crap, but doesn't do research.

If you did, you'd realize that these guys make money by other means. This dude in particular makes money from TV shows, books, etc. This dude gets shout outs from celebs for therapy sessions.

We are pissed off for these guys spending their own money, but the truth is, a small percentage of us would live a minimalist lifestyle on the type of paychecks these dudes make. Even if we were pastors.

Are there some shady pastors? Absolutely. Is this guy one of them? Who knows. But if you add up all the money this guy makes from everything but the church, he makes a pretty penny.

If you really wanna judge this guy, worry about him cheating on his wife and not the price of shoes on his feet.

If you did, you'd realize that these guys make money by other means. This dude in particular makes money from TV shows, books, etc. This dude gets shout outs from celebs for therapy sessions.

We are pissed off for these guys spending their own money, but the truth is, a small percentage of us would live a minimalist lifestyle on the type of paychecks these dudes make. Even if we were pastors.

Are there some shady pastors? Absolutely. Is this guy one of them? Who knows. But if you add up all the money this guy makes from everything but the church, he makes a pretty penny.

If you really wanna judge this guy, worry about him cheating on his wife and not the price of shoes on his feet.

Besides...People think only religions scam people?

Entire self-help industry and thousands of books, dvds, etc...Are mostly cult like scams.

There are just as many atheist scams in terms of diets, fitness advice, mental advice, you name it...As religious scams. How many diets I've read about, that supposedly give you supernatural mind powers. 100% meat diet, 100% Vegan diet, high fat diet, only eat fish diet, you name it.

People think they are so much smarter than religious people then get scammed by mind control cult anyway.

Like people filling themselves with vitamins and supplement pills. None of that stuff is proven to work and gets pissed out.

WIthout that scam around in europe, you'd probably be a muslim at this point. assuming you are a white guy. If not carry on. otherwise be more grateful.
Thanks charles martel. One can also argue that if it wasnt for muslim rule in early europe, much of western culture would have been lost. They retained allot of knowledge lost during the collapse of Rome by the barbarians. They were able to reintroduce later.

Got to respect their hustle...Making millions off of a dead jew on a stick from gullible masses with no tax on their income. Don't hate the player, hate the game and all that stuff.
Their income is most certainly taxed.

These megachurch pastors and really any Christian religious leader who is not living a modest life has to be considered an extremely evil scam artist. If you’re a believer and you listen to these folks you have either never read the bible, don’t understand it, are a piece of shit yourself or are just extremely gullible.

Ripstaker probably gives 50% of his yearly income to to these folks.

Income was a wrong word, my bad. Their churches are 501c3, so the "donations" aren't taxed.
Which has nothing to do with a pastor’s taxable income, just to be clear. Donations to a church, as to any non profit, are tax deductible to the donor. Some churches are tax exempt. Many are not by choice. Pretty soon I think churches will not be considered tax exempt even though they are non profits. This means donations would no longer be tax deductible. There is some debate in churches about whether or not this is a good thing. I think it is.

Besides...People think only religions scam people?

Entire self-help industry and thousands of books, dvds, etc...Are mostly cult like scams.

There are just as many atheist scams in terms of diets, fitness advice, mental advice, you name it...As religious scams. How many diets I've read about, that supposedly give you supernatural mind powers. 100% meat diet, 100% Vegan diet, high fat diet, only eat fish diet, you name it.

People think they are so much smarter than religious people then get scammed by mind control cult anyway.

Like people filling themselves with vitamins and supplement pills. None of that stuff is proven to work and gets pissed out.

Lots of scams out there, to be sure. None of them make the megachurch scams any better or the people who get conned any smarter. More scams widen the tragedy, they don’t lessen it for a particular group.

Please tell me you’re joking.

One feeds into the other. The people he is “preaching too” (very transparently scamming) in those congregations are the ones buying his books. Watching him on TV. Etc.

He is blatantly using Christianity (which is supposed to be a religion of radical pacifism and charity) to enrich himself. It doesn’t matter where he is specifically generating his income. He’s not an electrician on the side. “Con-artist pastor looking to make it rich” is his full time gig.

I’ve met and spent plenty of time with priests who are not scumbags. They don’t do TV appearances and sell books to get rich.

Last edited:
Back