Pastor trolled on social media for wearing $4,000 sneakers: 'The lord Jesus walked around in sandals

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by TidWell, Apr 9, 2019.

1. TidWell

TidWell Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Pimpin the people for donations to live lavish, I doubt most of these pastors even believe in God. Just a hustle for them pretty sad cause a lot of these people need help yet these pastors instead of spreading the money to their congregation are living lavish.

While the Instagram account PreachersNSneakers is just a little more than two weeks old, it has already amassed 81.3K fans — and most arguably aren’t just following to see the documentation of dope shoes.

[​IMG]

The account — which was started by a man who goes by Tyler Jones, an alias — shares images of celebrity pastors, along with a closeup of their chosen footwear and the price tag of the kicks. Naturally, a person who has ever paid a tithe to their church of choice is bound to have some questions as to why a person leading a congregation is wearing thousand-dollar shoes.

Featured in the account’s collages are recognizable “celebrity” preachers, including, as Fashionista points out, Rich Wilkerson Jr., the officiant of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s wedding, Judah Smith, a friend of Justin Bieber, and John Gray, who has a show on Oprah’s network. (Pastor Gray has previously faced controversy after he purchased his wife a $200K Lamborghini.)

@chadcveach to @chadveach) after responding to a post that pointed out a $1,980 Gucci backpack and a pair of $794 Rhude track pants that he was wearing.

“Wanna know what’s crazy? I legit did not pay for one thing i am wearing [sic].Is that wild to you? that’s wild to me… Thanks for the shout out tho. You’re a blessing,” Veach said in a comment, which was deleted before Jones had time to respond.Wanna know what’s crazy? I legit did not pay for one thing i am wearing [sic].Is that wild to you? that’s wild to me… Thanks for the shout out tho. You’re a blessing,” Veach said in a comment, which was deleted before Jones had time to respond.

I’m not trying to cause a division; me and him both believe inherently the same things. I just think that if you’re in church you should know how your pastor is spending the money,” Jones, who said he thought he understood church salaries, as his wife works for a church, said of the short-lived social media confrontation." “I’m not trying to cause a division; me and him both believe inherently the same things. I just think that if you’re in church you should know how your pastor is spending the money,” Jones, who said he thought he understood church salaries, as his wife works for a church, said of the short-lived social media confrontation.

And while Jones himself doesn’t troll his subjects, plenty of commenters do. Some choice quotes include:

The lord Jesus walked around in sandals. Somebody photoshop some of these on Jesus" The lord Jesus walked around in sandals. Somebody photoshop some of these on Jesus

Is it sad that he wears shoes worth as much as I paid for my car?" data-reactid="34">Is it sad that he wears shoes worth as much as I paid for my car?

That’s more than my mortgage…That’s more than my mortgage…

I keep thinking about how people from my church would go on about how you shouldn’t give money to homeless people because they might not spend it responsibly…" I keep thinking about how people from my church would go on about how you shouldn’t give money to homeless people because they might not spend it responsibly…

Jones was inspired to create the account after he looked up a song by the band Elevation Worship and noticed the lead singer was wearing an expensive pair of Yeezy 750 Boost sneakers, retailing for up to $1,800. Armed with his two passions, Christianity and sneaker culture, he started to browse popular pastor accounts that he was already following on Instagram and began to document the instances where he recognized designer gear.

“I’ve had hundreds of pastors and people in ministry message me like ‘Thank you, keep doing what you’re doing. It’s prompting a discussion around what leadership and stewardship look like within the church,'” Jones told Fashionista. " data-reactid="41">“I’ve had hundreds of pastors and people in ministry message me like ‘Thank you, keep doing what you’re doing. It’s prompting a discussion around what leadership and stewardship look like within the church,'” Jones told Fashionista.

“Somebody called me a hypocrite today and said that I was causing disunity within the church. But I’ve been pretty intentional to leave it relatively open-ended,” he said, alluding to the fact that Jones never outwardly criticizes these leaders and what they choose to wear. In fact, some pastors see it as Jones hyping them up and have asked to be featured on his page with their own look. " data-reactid="42">“Somebody called me a hypocrite today and said that I was causing disunity within the church. But I’ve been pretty intentional to leave it relatively open-ended,” he said, alluding to the fact that Jones never outwardly criticizes these leaders and what they choose to wear. In fact, some pastors see it as Jones hyping them up and have asked to be featured on his page with their own look.

I think he’d probably be wearing some open-toe Birkenstocks on a standard day. Then maybe if he was hanging around the house he’d be wearing some Air Max 1s that he bought from the outlet.”" data-reactid="43">As for what Jesus Christ himself would wear if his second-coming occurred in 2019? Jones told the outlet, “I think he’d probably be wearing some open-toe Birkenstocks on a standard day. Then maybe if he was hanging around the house he’d be wearing some Air Max 1s that he bought from the outlet.”

featured in the @PreachersNSneakers account, they did not immediately respond to requests for comment." data-reactid="44">Yahoo Lifestyle has reached out to pastors featured in the @PreachersNSneakers account, they did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/lif...ng-3721-sneakers-hes-not-alone-012907521.html

2. JAEGERX

JAEGERX i stay blessed

why do all these motherfuckers look like they take it in the ass

3. WaylonMercy5150

WaylonMercy5150 Silver Belt

It's too bad but some people are so stupid they bound to give someone their money. I just wish his income was taxed.

4. Really jesus stole from the rich, kept their baller shoes, and gave the rest to the poor.

Let the man pull a big con on some Christians. They chose to follow the baller priest. Could have went to that struggling church down the street instead.

Carl Sonnen and koolinkunming like this.
  5. Brodels

Brodels Double Yellow Card

Everyone one of these cocksuckers should burn in hell. If there actually was one.

6. God_Emperor_Of_Mankind

God_Emperor_Of_Mankind Let's Palaver! Platinum Member

Such a crazy waste of money. 6k for shoes.

7. HARRISON_3

HARRISON_3 Gold Belt

Those kicks have @Smokes written all over them.

Mike, Losfer Words and Smokes like this.
  8. IndyCovaHart

IndyCovaHart Gold Belt

Wow fuck this shit.

9. ithinktheymad

ithinktheymad Red Belt

I normally don't give a shit about such things but wtf is going on with that last dude? Mountain man head, norm core torso, punk pants, pimp shoes. I don't even wow that's wild.

10. samfromhtown

samfromhtown Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Sad. First, these guys are wasting money on garbage that could be used to feed the poor or do something actually productive.

Second, those shoes...all of them look like garbage. I think some people really do buy things just because of the price tag.

11. JadeOwl

JadeOwl Brown Belt

Nobody is as tacky as the nouveau riche.

You can always tell who is gutter trash with tons of money because they gild everything like it was still the 1700s.

12. dembones22

dembones22 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

REIGNING DEFENDING - UNDISPUTED AND UNDEFEATED
    A Church is nothing more than a tax exempt buisness.

Also notice that every major celebrity and sports star has a charity or foundation in their name. That's because they use them as tax shelters.

Also they donate as well because they can write that off.

<VinceCa$h>A little peak behind the curtain form Sherdog's knighted plat master race.

13. Carl Sonnen

Carl Sonnen Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Solid post. Christianity is just another scam because that is what the people want. There are many more reasons, but that is the key one.

Kal-El and koolinkunming like this.
  14. koolinkunming

koolinkunming Silver Belt

1798A64E-2D0B-4D16-888E-36479E37EB68.gif

Wtf does anyone need any of that shit for, never mind a leader of a church?

I guess what L. Ron said was true......if you wanna get rich, start a religion.

15. Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz Red Belt

WIthout that scam around in europe, you'd probably be a muslim at this point. assuming you are a white guy. If not carry on. otherwise be more grateful.

clutchCAT420 and phoenixikki like this.
  16. Carl Sonnen

Carl Sonnen Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Oh, I totally agree about the importance of Christianity to Western culture, especially during the Dark Ages, although some say the church prolonged them. As much as I despise Christianity now, I am educated enough to recognize its historical importance.

17. badascan

badascan Black Belt Platinum Member

so what? if idiots want to support storytellers then let them... if the storytellers want to sell lies then don't support them...

DM1982 likes this.
  18. muvand103

muvand103 Blue Belt

Bob sapp is a pastor now?

19. HunterAcosta

HunterAcosta Brown Belt

I think the real question is ...who is stupid enough to buy $4000 sneakers ?! Apparently lots of people .

TheSlothMan, lsa and TidWell like this.
  20. Amerikuracana

Amerikuracana Plutonium Belt

Makes loud style churches look like complete idiots.

Not as bad as gay pedo priests, but more out in the open and more desired by the tribe.

Loud individuals with shiny shows ain't shit in the brains or leadership to a better society department. Figure it out.

Gay pedo factories are wrong, as well. Figure it out.

HunterAcosta likes this.