Social Pastor is a POS, asks congregants for stimulus moneys

Such as?

Yes.

Any religious worldview that a peson believes in that does not involve following a particular temple, church or monastry. Just worshipping by yourself, without feeling the need to identify with a group, attend religious establishments and sticking to a particular dogma.

Any religious worldview that a peson believes in that does not involve following a particular temple, church or monastry. Just worshipping by yourself, without feeling the need to identify with a group, attend religious establishments and sticking to a particular dogma.
Can you give me an example?

But whether you worship alone or not, you still belong to a group if your faith is based on a foundation of an organized religion.

The only outliers would be some crazy person praying to their knife and fork, or some shit.

But whether you worship alone or not, you still belong to a group if your faith is based on a foundation of an organized religion.

The only outliers would be some crazy person praying to their knife and fork, or some shit.

Not part of a group if you do not identify with a group. If a Christian belives in Jesus but does not identify with any of the sects or churches then how is it organized?

Can you give me an example?

A Buddhist person who has a general belief in Buddhism, but does not believe in a particular sect and does not see any particular sect or monastry as an authority.

For a time, before I fully gave up on religion, I went form being a devout Catholic to someone who believed in Jesus but did not subcribe to any sect , did not consider any religious figure as an authority and did not attend church. I prayed to Jesus, and that's it.

Folk Mexican Christiantity, which has elements of native religious thought mixed in with Catholicsm, but there is no organized hierarchy like with Catholicism.

Last edited:
If the only good thing that came out of this WuFlu epidemic is a reorganization of our values along with the leadership of our institutions then if will be an overwhelmingly positive thing. Meaning, if all those seeking to profit from misery would be exposed as leeches and become social pariahs then I'd be a happy man.

Fuck em all. From the lowest price gouging fool to the politicians loading relief bills full of pork to these supposed men of God

If the only good thing that came out of this WuFlu epidemic is a reorganization of our values along with the leadership of our institutions then if will be an overwhelmingly positive thing. Meaning, if all those seeking to profit from misery would be exposed as leeches and become social pariahs then I'd be a happy man.

Fuck em all. From the lowest price gouging fool to the politicians loading relief bills full of pork to these supposed men of God
I hope that is the case. But I don't see all the people that got suckered into armed protests from astroturfed campaigns turning on the billionaires that turned them into useful idiots.

Maybe it was for good intentions, chances are he was garbage given human nature. Not familiar with this dude so I’m not gonna shit on his soul.

Well, all of them. But you and I may disagree on that.
So your example of disorganized religion is all of them? Uh, sure.
A Buddhist person who has a general belief in Buddhism, but does not believe in a particular sect and does not see any particular sect or monastry as an authority.

For a time, before I fully gave up on religion, I went form being a devout Catholic to someone who believed in Jesus but did not subcribe to any sect , did not consider any religious figure as an authority and did not attend church. I prayed to Jesus, and that's it.

Folk Mexican Christiantity, which has elements of native religious thought mixed in with Catholicsm, but there is no organized hierarchy like with Catholicism.
So no voluntary collective action, just individual worship?
Non-denominational Christian?

Every once in a while I think certain religious authorities couldn't be more cancerous, and then another one pops up like another tumor.

A Louisiana pastor who has drawn criticism for holding in-person church services despite coronavirus guidelines is asking people to donate their stimulus checks to evangelists who "haven't had an offering in a month."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/493237-louisiana-pastor-donate-stimulus-checks-evangelists?amp

I totally get where you're coming from here . . . . but I also understand that some churches might be experiencing hardships as well. Especially some of the smaller churches in the country that very likely "live" offering to offering. I'm not saying that folks should tithe their entire stimulus check but there will be some of them who will give a portion to their local church.

But let them make that decision . . . this dude shouldn't be out there advocating for it.

Just keep those checks flowing and sleazy pastor guy will put in a good word for you with the big man.

giphy.gif

It's really sad that folks actually believe that . . . .

These greedy assholes are no better than Scientology .

Except folks who might attend their churches can actually leave and not lose their families or have their lives completely ruined.

Back