Passing out after lifting

The worse I've ever experienced was light-headedness and my hearing/sight starting to dim out. Although I would attribute the light-headedness as possibly under fed that day. Although none of these things happen regularly.

I wish my fiancee were here to read this, because we fight about it all the time. Eventually, I just tell her to shut up because I'm the coach and she's the trainee. :icon_lol:
You've got to grab her by the hair and pull her face out of the pillow every 10 reps or so, otherwise she might pass out.

Lmao... Eh, she'll be alright. :icon_lol:

Ive had my vision go grey before when squatting heavy for 5 or so reps i also start seeing dots but normally i just shout so i dont feel all that light headed.

Edit: Its Gierrod

You do if the alternative is unconsciousness. Letting just the slightest bit of air out slowly can make all the difference without taking away much of your core stability. I'm not talking about emptying your lungs - just letting a tiny bit of air escape slowly. I'd prefer to be able to just hold my breath 100%, but if I did I'd have to sit down and wait for my vision to return after half my reps at 85+% of 5rm. Some people seem to be far more prone to dizzyness, vision loss, etc. after holding their breath under this kind of stress.

I agree.

Back