Pascal vs. Hopkins

spiralingintro

White Belt
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been brought up yet. After winning The Ring Belt Pascal said he wanted to fight the best and Bernard Hopkins was the first name mentioned. Can B-Hop regain the legit LHW strap against Pascal? Who wins this?

Hop didn't want Dawson, so I doubt he'd fight Pascal.

I have no idea who wins this fight
Could be a dirty fight both ways

Hopkins takes this fight.

It's amazing to see, considering he hardly wins on talent alone these days, but it's Hopkins' style that's allowed him to stay in the game for so long, not to mention it makes him a tough matchup for just about anyone.

Pascal just doesn't impress me much.

Is/was Hopkins scared of Dawson? Hopkins didn't want to fight Dawson because he said Dawson wasn't a big enough name or something but now he's willing to fight Pascal?

I can only conclude that Hops was scared of Dawson.

I hate this fight, Hopkins still has a chance to win this fight and he last thing I want to see is Hopkins back in the spotlight.I just wish he would retire already.

I don't care for this fight either and I also think Hopkins should call it a career, he's held the light heavyweight division hostage for too long.

Is/was Hopkins scared of Dawson? Hopkins didn't want to fight Dawson because he said Dawson wasn't a big enough name or something but now he's willing to fight Pascal?

Pascal is big in Montreal, which is where the fight is supposed to happen. But Dawson has a rematch clause, and it's possible he might cash in on it
Posted via Mobile Device

Tarver, Pavlik, Wright, Calzaghe, Roy Jones, Glen Johnson, De La Hoya, Trinidad, J Taylor....Yea, Hopkins real scared.

Im not saying Hopkins will win, but if theres anything Hopkins has taught us, its dont count him out...ever.:icon_twis

Well hopkins didn't want dawson, because he is not a big draw, now pascal is not a big draw in the U.S. , but who's to say that hopkins won't go to montreal for the fight. If they do fight, I think it'll be close Hopkins has lost a step yes and Pascal is pretty quick, but he has never been in with a fighter like Hopkins, someone who will use every trick is his back to frustrate an opponent, would be interesting.

Hop said he was offered the same amount to fight a dead man (Jones Jr.) as he was for Chad, and he wanted the win against Jones more. With the legit LHW belt on the line, I think we will be seeing Hop very soon.

At least I know B-Hop will really go after Pascal if the opportunity present itself, but this fight would stink most of the time. No, I don't want it.

i am one of the biggest hopkins fans on the board and he is my all time favorite... but i feel he will lose this. Pascal is fast, strong, and very athletic. Hopkins is only getting slower and older, and I feel the young pascal will be able to overwhelm him at this point.

If this fight happens in Montreal, I would be the happiest person if Mr. Executioner would snatch a canadian flag out of Pascal's hand and stomp that shhht. Exept in Canada he probably wont have to run away from angry fans.

i am one of the biggest hopkins fans on the board and he is my all time favorite... but i feel he will lose this. Pascal is fast, strong, and very athletic. Hopkins is only getting slower and older, and I feel the young pascal will be able to overwhelm him at this point.

Well, I AM B-Hops biggest fan :icon_chee and I felt that way too since before he fought Pavlik, and look what happened. But you are right, its about that time and Im happy hes one of the rare fighters that knows its about THAT time. Ill just root for him to get a nice payday and be glad most people in the US wont even know about this fight taking place.

styles make fights, hopkins eats up pascal by timing him and controlling the distance.

Back