Pascal Scroth broke his neck by getting dumped under a suspicious ruleset in China

Kanka

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Haven't seen anybody talking about this and just wanted to share this with you guys. This is pretty tragic

Pascal Scroth:
In the ring, the referee told us not to throw elbows and no knee strikes to the head. That was confusing as under K1 rules, knees to the head are allowed. Everything leading up to this moment was already confusing; now it was time to fight. You can imagine the stress that was already leading up to this moment of the actual fight. But I stayed focused and was just going to fight a K1 fight, that’s what I do, and that’s what I agreed to fight.

The fight starts. We touch gloves. I throw the first punch, I switched my stance and I got him straight in the face with my left. He push kicked me away and threw boxing combinations which I blocked. We end up in close range, I kneed him to the body with my right and then felt him wrap his arms around my waist. I tried to push my weight back but he adjusted his grip.

He then suddenly picks me up and slams me to the ground head first. It happened fast. I saw my own feet in the air with all the bright lights above.

When I landed, I could feel and hear the crack in my neck and I was in immediate pain. Next, I see the referee standing over me and giving me the count. I see a glimpse of my opponent celebrating in his corner. I desperately tried to stand up but it was impossible, I couldn’t lift my head. I realized I was injured. I was in incredible pain but kept trying to get up. There was nothing I wanted more then just simply stand up. They placed a neck supporter on me, put me on some kind of a gurney, and carried me out of the ring. I didn’t realize what was happening: this all happened very fast. They put me in an ambulance and brought me to a hospital.

Full inteveiw:
http://milkblitzstreetbomb.com/muay...DJMbbu__WgimsHGwXGX-47t8RJRMH2IU5sunJr1tZfvd8

Ouch.. Protect yourself at all times I guess.. Had he had his arms up...
Sometimes I think that 6 months of Aikido or Judo should be mandatory for full contact fighting. Because there are obviously people out there fighting who cannot take a fall without injuring themselves.

Secretly Sanda rules at the last minute? Not surprised tbh. I hope he heals well, Scroth seems cool.

illegal sanda throws on kickboxing matches( or what the fighter is told and expected it to be) are around and happens a lot, not surprised that some time some terrible thing would happen to a known kickboxer, also the way the they treated the german after the situation is nasty.

Ouch.. Protect yourself at all times I guess.. Had he had his arms up...
Sometimes I think that 6 months of Aikido or Judo should be mandatory for full contact fighting. Because there are obviously people out there fighting who cannot take a fall without injuring themselves.

:rolleyes:

Back