Part of me hopes Ferguson beats Nurmagomedov

So because ferg gets hit and or dropped a lot people actually believe Conor can beat him? I thought it was a joke, but now I'm getting concerned.

well yeah. McGregor defeats Tony pretty easily. Most of his past opponents had sub-par striking.

If Tony wins i think Conor comes and KOs him. I have been a huge El Cucuy fan for a long time now, but Conor just seems to be a horrible matchup for him. A slick counter puncher with great power in his hands, appears to be the krypronite for a guy like Tony who constantly comes forward and has been proven to be hittable with his sometimes rather sloppy pressure style.

Conor's "great power" couldn't put Nate Diaz away either time, despite Conor landing big shots and dropping Nate multiple times. Not sure why people would think it would be different with Tony. Nate has been put away with strikes, Tony hasn't.

Hold the phone there, fella. Tony beating Khabib wouldn't "affirm a combat triangle" because Conor would still have to beat Tony. You're betting on 2 major upsets, not just one.

Major upset for Conor beating Tony? Let's just assume it for this sake. Khabib is a much bigger challenge.

well yeah. McGregor defeats Tony pretty easily. Most of his past opponents had sub-par striking.

Hmm...RDA clowned Nate standing more than Conor did. Nate did absolutely nothing vs RDA. Tony lit RDA up.

Conor is 3-2 above 145, both losses via stoppage.

You really think McGregor would be intimidated by Tony?

Or are you insinuating he'll have to get past Khabib (which would be a bigger challenge)
Tony has crazy cardio, chin and is well rounded everywhere. Conor might have a better chance of catching Khabib or him fading first

Conor's "great power" couldn't put Nate Diaz away either time, despite Conor landing big shots and dropping Nate multiple times. Not sure why people would think it would be different with Tony. Nate has been put away with strikes, Tony hasn't.

Tony has been dropped repeatedly in his career. Unlike previous opponents, McGregor is not sloppy with his ground and pound. He is very selective, accurate, and hits HARD. Nobody below 170 has faced this level of precision with strikes.

You really think McGregor would be intimidated by Tony?

Or are you insinuating he'll have to get past Khabib (which would be a bigger challenge)
Tony has crazy cardio, chin and is well rounded everywhere. Conor might have a better chance of catching Khabib or him fading first

So I can affirm that there is such a combat triangle in the lightweight division

Ferguson > Nurmagomedov > McGregor > Ferguson

Combat_triangle.png

If that's ur bis for tribriding, I'll see u in lumby nerd

Tony has been dropped repeatedly in his career. Unlike previous opponents, McGregor is not sloppy with his ground and pound. He is very selective, accurate, and hits HARD. Nobody below 170 has faced this level of precision with strikes.

Tony has been actually hurt twice with strikes, and he's not stationary even when he's been knocked down. He's rolling and buying time. Conor wouldn't be trying to follow up on a guy just laying there.

You keep saying "Conor hits HARD". Based on...what? Again, he couldn't put Nate away or even come remotely close despite dropping him. And Nate HAS been TKO'd. Tony hasn't, and has the same bjj threat off his back if Conor tries to follow up.

Yeah, Conor hits hard when we are talking about featherweights. Against bigger guys...meh.

Theres already Iaquinta > Fighter Kevin Lee > Barboza > Dan the Duckman Hooker > Iaquinta
Sir i Dont appreciate your shade directed at Dan Hooker. He is a wonderful person.

To me, i view Nate as a harder guy to knockdown because Tony has been knocked down many times in reason years ( most notably against Lando Vannata), and I doubt his chin will keep Holding up. Also Nate and Tony has different ways to react on knockdowns. Nate falls to his back, and tries to goad people into his BJJ game, which Conor wanted none of. Tony may have just as good a BJJ game, but he does not Play it the same way. Instead he starts flipping around and slugging it out with his opponent. And I just view that as a recipe for being knocked out by McGregor.

I Hope i am wrong though.

The beating that Tony will give Khabib will keep Conor at Welterweight.

Major upset for Conor beating Tony? Let's just assume it for this sake. Khabib is a much bigger challenge.
I'd definitely bet on Conor vs Tony if the odds were good, but this premise is counting on multiple major upsets, not just the 1. I will grant you that stylistically, they are the most likely upsets of the 3 guys, but I think we all know Khabib is the best fighter of the 3. Upsets are always a thing, but if they all fought each other 10 times each, Khabib is winning like 18 of his 20 and the other 2 split pretty even with each other.

To me, i view Nate as a harder guy to knockdown because Tony has been knocked down many times in reason years ( most notably against Lando Vannata), and I doubt his chin will keep Holding up. Also Nate and Tony has different ways to react on knockdowns. Nate falls to his back, and tries to goad people into his BJJ game, which Conor wanted none of. Tony may have just as good a BJJ game, but he does not Play it the same way. Instead he starts flipping around and slugging it out with his opponent. And I just view that as a recipe for being knocked out by McGregor.

I Hope i am wrong though.

Lando landed a flush head kick. Basically any LW would be knocked down by that. In fact, Thomson landed a similar one on Diaz and then finished Nate with follow up gnp. Yes, at SOME point if he keeps fighting, Tony's chin will crack. But counting on it happening in the next couple fights is a reach most likely.

Tony does roll but he absolutely will pull someone into his guard and dare them to try it if they drop him. Watch the Pettis fight. Tony gets dropped, rolls around, and eventually Pettis enters his guard. But he stays there for about 10 seconds before he realizes he wants none of it. By that time, Tony is fine and goes on the offensive.

I'd definitely bet on Conor vs Tony if the odds were good, but this premise is counting on multiple major upsets, not just the 1. I will grant you that stylistically, they are the most likely upsets of the 3 guys, but I think we all know Khabib is the best fighter of the 3. Upsets are always a thing, but if they all fought each other 10 times each, Khabib is winning like 18 of his 20 and the other 2 split pretty even with each other.

So if you think Khabib is winning 18 of his 20 I assume you think he's about 90% to beat Tony? You should probably drop an atomic bomb on him at the books then since he's only around -200 or so.

Wonder what people will say when Tony makes both Khabib and Conor quit on the stool

Back