Part of me hopes Ferguson beats Nurmagomedov

Venom

Lurker since '09
@Silver
Reaction score
So I can affirm that there is such a combat triangle in the lightweight division

Ferguson > Nurmagomedov > McGregor > Ferguson

Combat_triangle.png

So I can affirm that there is such a combat triangle in the lightweight division

Combat_triangle.png

Theres already Iaquinta > Fighter Kevin Lee > Barboza > Dan the Duckman Hooker > Iaquinta

If Tony beats Khabib I think Conor may call out Frankie Edgar again...{<jordan}

If Tony beats Khabib I think Conor may call out Frankie Edgar again...{<jordan}

You really think McGregor would be intimidated by Tony?

Or are you insinuating he'll have to get past Khabib (which would be a bigger challenge)

All of me hopes Ferguson beats Khabib

You really think McGregor would be intimidated by Tony?

Or are you insinuating he'll have to get past Khabib (which would be a bigger challenge)

There are multiple reports that Conor IS intimidated by Tony. Both were at Paradigm and there were rumblings that when both were at events and Tony started yapping a bit (evidently it wasn't anything extreme and was generally good natured) that Conor went beta and didn't have anything to say to Tony at all.

I get that these are just rumors, it's hard to know what to believe, etc. But this didn't come from Tony, it was other guys under Paradigm management that evidently said it.

This past summer when Ariel did that interview with Conor (was in August I think) he started naming potential fights and he named about 6 guys (Khabib rematch, Edgar(?), Cowboy, Nate III, etc.) but never Tony. Finally Ariel mentions Tony and Conor sort of stumbles out "Uhh...oh...yeah...Ferguson...ahh...sure..." It sounded...bizarre. I heard it and it was just weird sounding, like Conor wasn't about it at all.

Now, to be fair to Conor, he recently (FINALLY) brought up Tony himself and mentioned the Paradigm situation, etc. I think he realizes that there's a chance Tony wins the belt and that Dana damn sure will want Tony vs Conor at that point. So in that scenario, he doesn't have much choice unless he straight up says he's done with 155 and will only fight at WW going forward.

Do I for sure KNOW Conor's feelings about Tony? Of course not. But it has **seemed** like he's been very happy to avoid any talk of fighting him.

You can say Khabib is the tougher matchup stylistically for Conor and I wouldn't disagree. That said, Khabib will tire him out on the mat and Conor will have the chance to give his neck up and tap out, pretty much physically unscathed. If he gasses vs Tony's pressure...that's not how it ends most likely....

upload_2020-1-24_21-56-50.jpeg

So because ferg gets hit and or dropped a lot people actually believe Conor can beat him? I thought it was a joke, but now I'm getting concerned.

dana wont let this happen sorry

Well...I gotta disagree. I actually don't think Dana would be too upset if Tony wins.

Khabib seems pretty adamant about not giving Conor the rematch. That **could** be posturing, but with Khabib and his dad, it could be for real. They actually might be digging their heels in and saying they straight up aren't giving Conor the rematch anytime soon.

If Tony wins, Dana avoids that issue. He slides Conor right on in there vs Tony for the belt. And theoretically, he probably thinks Tony is a more favorable matchup for Conor. And there's pretty much no scenario (even with Khabib's booming international popularity) in which Dana doesn't want Conor with the belt.

Hold the phone there, fella. Tony beating Khabib wouldn't "affirm a combat triangle" because Conor would still have to beat Tony. You're betting on 2 major upsets, not just one.

Well...I gotta disagree. I actually don't think Dana would be too upset if Tony wins.

Khabib seems pretty adamant about not giving Conor the rematch. That **could** be posturing, but with Khabib and his dad, it could be for real. They actually might be digging their heels in and saying they straight up aren't giving Conor the rematch anytime soon.

If Tony wins, Dana avoids that issue. He slides Conor right on in there vs Tony for the belt. And theoretically, he probably thinks Tony is a more favorable matchup for Conor. And there's pretty much no scenario (even with Khabib's booming international popularity) in which Dana doesn't want Conor with the belt.

if he beats ferg he might not have a choice. or retire after the W

if he beats ferg he might not have a choice. or retire after the W

Khabib? He has a choice. Again, **maybe** he is just saying that stuff to mess with Conor. That's possible. But if not...he's in a unique position to play that game of chicken with Dana. If Khabib beats Tony (I'm picking Tony to win for the record, but if Khabib does beat him) it would be REALLY ballsy for Dana to strip Khabib for refusing to fight a guy he's already choked out not too long ago. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's pretty damn unlikely.

Combat_triangle.png
Tony the type of guy to PK with a dragon longsword.

If Tony wins i think Conor comes and KOs him. I have been a huge El Cucuy fan for a long time now, but Conor just seems to be a horrible matchup for him. A slick counter puncher with great power in his hands, appears to be the krypronite for a guy like Tony who constantly comes forward and has been proven to be hittable with his sometimes rather sloppy pressure style.

Back