News Parker turns down IBF eliminator; Hrgovic is officially HW boxing's new boogeyman

So Tony Yoka is facing Hrgovic now correct ?

That's a good prospect eliminator.

I think Joyce has their numbers over 12 rounds but I’m still very curious about how this one turns out. Hrgovic gets to Yoka by round 8 once he’s roughed up and his legs have weakened a little IMO.

I think Joyce has their numbers over 12 rounds but I’m still very curious about how this one turns out. Hrgovic gets to Yoka by round 8 once he’s roughed up and his legs have weakened a little IMO.
I agree about Joyce. And I don't like Yoka, something about him rubs me the wrong way so I do hope you're right and Hrgovic cleans Yoka's clock. I do think Hrgovic's style is better suited to the pro ranks than Yoka's. The 12 round format goes against Yoka's stick and move style and also the scoring criteria will favour Hrgovic's more damaging attacks.

I agree about Joyce. And I don't like Yoka, something about him rubs me the wrong way so I do hope you're right and Hrgovic cleans Yoka's clock. I do think Hrgovic's style is better suited to the pro ranks than Yoka's. The 12 round format goes against Yoka's stick and move style and also the scoring criteria will favour Hrgovic's more damaging attacks.

We see it the exact same way. It’s up to Yoka to pull something unexpected.

Interested to see the odds on this, reckon the bookies will have Hrgovic as a clear favourite, but I reckon it could be close as long as it lasts.

Heavyweight has been a bit stale for years for me personally, but if Hrgovic can come through this one, Joyce keeps rolling, and Okolie moves up too we could have a decent amount of quality HW matches in the future.

Back