News Parker turns down IBF eliminator; Hrgovic is officially HW boxing's new boogeyman

If he fought and beat hrgovic, he deserves to be right back in the mix!
Not a bad idea either, imo. One of the better matchups for him to “get right”.

He doesnt have long left in the game, if at all, so if hes going to keep fighting this is about where it needs to be. Theres really only a handful of fighters I even want to see Wilder in with at this point. AJ, Parker, Whyte, Ruiz, Hrgovic, Joyce. It ends there for me.

Yeah but he's jumping the line. Doesn't seem right.

you jump the queue by beating the ranked guys. 3 people have pulled out of the negotiations/can’t fight, for whatever reason? If he takes the fight and beats the mandatory, then he should be next in line for that belt. It’s a tough fight to take straight after the 2 fury fights but times running out if he wants to get back to the being a champion.

you jump the queue by beating the ranked guys. 3 people have pulled out of the negotiations/can’t fight, for whatever reason? If he takes the fight and beats the mandatory, then he should be next in line for that belt. It’s a tough fight to take straight after the 2 fury fights but times running out if he wants to get back to the being a champion.
I get it I just don't like it. But no argument it would be a good roll of the dice for Wilder himself.

I get it I just don't like it. But no argument it would be a good roll of the dice for Wilder himself.

he’s not gonna fight hrgovic, but he definitely should if he can

he’s not gonna fight hrgovic, but he definitely should if he can
Wilder and Ortiz will prob end up fighting each other again as it’s the only way the narrative about both fighters can continue.

I wouldn't consider that reality. That's an opinion.
Parker may not have many direct fans here but he is touted as top tier here when people try to make shift evaluate & compare resumes.
I also think its incredible how people can't admit that a 40 year old probably regressed a lot in 4 years. Especially with little activity.
Parker is considered top tier as unlike Ortiz he is a former recognised world HW champion.

Parker is considered top tier as unlike Ortiz he is a former recognised world HW champion.
So was Martin. Lol
Nah top tier are still Joshua Fury Wilder & now Usyk for sure. You can divide the list even further by separating Usyk & Fury higher from AJ & Wilder.

So was Martin. Lol
Nah top tier are still Joshua Fury Wilder & now Usyk for sure. You can divide the list even further by separating Usyk & Fury higher from AJ & Wilder.
Whatever your deluded wilder until he beats someone else is below AJ and prob a few others. I know you won’t agree but as you are keen to point out his best result is loosing twice to fury

Wilder and Ortiz will prob end up fighting each other again as it’s the only way the narrative about both fighters can continue.

Out of 1 side of your mouth you suggest Parker deserves respect as a former champion, out of the other side of your mouth you say Wilder has seemingly been propped up by a false narrative.

When it comes to hypocrisy and double standards you are definitely top tier

Out of 1 side of your mouth you suggest Parker deserves respect as a former champion, out of the other side of your mouth you say Wilder has seemingly been propped up by a false narrative.

I know @WklySportsMemes likes you help him fight his battles but this is getting crazy!

Parker doesn’t get mentioned in same breath as wilder by me or anyone else you are combing two quotes discussing different things. I am comparing Parker to Ortiz as that was the discussion.

if you want to compare resumes between Parker and wilder we can I guess. Best wins for both Parker = Ruiz and Wilder = Ortiz……discuss

Whatever your deluded wilder until he beats someone else is below AJ and prob a few others. I know you won’t agree but as you are keen to point out his best result is loosing twice to fury
You just made a rule that Parker was legit due to being a belt holder. . . Then you throw out the rule when it comes to Martin. Yet another example of you making up rules as you go a long and only applying them to non US fighters.... Interesting.

Amen

You just made a rule that Parker was legit due to being a belt holder. . . Then you throw out the rule when it comes to Martin. Yet another example of you making up rules as you go a long and only applying them to non US fighters.... Interesting.
Conversation isn’t about Martin though is it as what has he done since he was champion? I can’t be bothered to waste my breath on you as you are simple and can never see when you are wrong. Parker is about the same level as wilder get that in your head.

Conversation isn’t about Martin though is it as what has he done since he was champion? I can’t be bothered to waste my breath on you as you are simple and can never see when you are wrong. Parker is about the same level as wilder get that in your head.
Conversation isn't about Wilder either, is it?
Its about Parker ducking Hrgovic.
Its only OK to steer the conversation if its a dig at Wilder to you. Guess that makes sense when you have a limited capacity such as yourself.
Also, about how clowns called out Ortiz for ducking (even though he has a broken hand) but are tip-toeing at Parker doing the same thing while not being injured.
No reason for Parker to not take the fight. Other people in line well ahead of him at this point.

https://www.boxingscene.com/zhang-z...-my-name-comes-up-ill-step-up-take-it--163303

Zhang says he wants the fight. Unless Hrgovic can do better just make that fight.

I knew Zhang has a bigger pair than Ortiz, said he would accept it in a minute in my first post. The problem is in the last rankings there were 11 guys ranked above Zhang. Someone like Kabayel or Gassiev could very well say yes if the opportunity presents.

What is funny here is PBC who tried to fuck Hrgovic. When the IBF ordered Hrgovic vs Charles Martin for a title eliminator they made Martin run out of it, to have him fight Ortiz in their PPV, only for Ortiz to win it, and than say no thank you we're not interested. They even promoted the Jan 1st PPV as a title eliminator when in fact it wasn't. It was medium pressure on IBF to make Ortiz mandatory challenger somehow without facing Hrgovic.

Parker is absurdly frustrating. Hes got all of the tools and is pretty damn well rounded, he just has zero “killer” in him.
Which is why I think he didn’t deserve the win against Whyte

I knew Zhang has a bigger pair than Ortiz, said he would accept it in a minute in my first post. The problem is in the last rankings there were 11 guys ranked above Zhang. Someone like Kabayel or Gassiev could very well say yes if the opportunity presents.

What is funny here is PBC who tried to fuck Hrgovic. When the IBF ordered Hrgovic vs Charles Martin for a title eliminator they made Martin run out of it, to have him fight Ortiz in their PPV, only for Ortiz to win it, and than say no thank you we're not interested. They even promoted the Jan 1st PPV as a title eliminator when in fact it wasn't. It was medium pressure on IBF to make Ortiz mandatory challenger somehow without facing Hrgovic.
1. What about Parker ducking? This thread is about Parker turning down a fight.
2. Ortiz has a broken hand....

Don't let any of that stop you though.

Those are okay fights as well. Still a step up from what he has been doing.

1. What about Parker ducking? This thread is about Parker turning down a fight.
2. Ortiz has a broken hand....

Don't let any of that stop you though.

2) The broken hand looks like an excuse to me. No way was anyone with a brain cell in Ortiz' team letting their 43 year old who just went life and death with Prince fucking Martin and hasn't beaten anyone relevant in 7 years be fed to Hrgovic.

1) I was responding to a post about Zhang. The Parker duck is clear as day too and I said earlier that at least to me it looks like a team decision. Now that Parker is without Kevin Barry he has made improvements about half a year or so. From arguably losing to Chisora in a close first fight he went to flooring Chisora four times or so in the rematch. He still lacks in many departments and Andy Lee probably advised him to postpone any title shot plans for a year or two. Parker btw lost to Hrgovic 11 years ago when both were 18 years old amateurs.

Back