News Parker turns down IBF eliminator; Hrgovic is officially HW boxing's new boogeyman

How much longer is Wilder out? Thats a fun one.
Yeah it would be. Just googled it, April 8th, unless a doctor clears him. Seems unlikely though as he not even rated by the IBF.

Maybe IBF should give it to the winner of Yoka - Bakole (if that fight will get rescheduled after the cancellation). Otherwise, they can also give Yoka the shot straight away, makes sense ranking wise...

I could see Yoka accepting since he's 2 -1 against Hrgovic already unless he's trapped into fighting Bakole contractually. I'm sure the IBF would be more than happy to let Yoka face Hrgovic and the timing seems perfect since the Bakole fight got cancelled.

Last edited:
Yeah it would be. Just googled it, April 8th, unless a doctor clears him. Seems unlikely though as he not even rated by the IBF.

Hrgovic vs wilder is a fight I’ve really wanted to see for a while, since watching them spar together. Never gonna happen though. hrgovic may as well retire; no one wants to fight him

Hrgovic vs wilder is a fight I’ve really wanted to see for a while, since watching them spar together. Never gonna happen though. hrgovic may as well retire; no one wants to fight him
Not seen that footage, I'll have to check it out. I'm guessing Hrgovic got the better of things?

High risk low reward fight for anyone. Probably the favorite out of the current crop of real contenders that haven't had their shot at the older guard.
Ortiz seems to have a legit injury. Parker really doesn't have an excuse....Yet I wonder who will get called out 1st. Seeing the same people bashing Ortiz for a legit decline not keeping that same energy with Parker...lol. typical

High risk low reward fight for anyone. Probably the favorite out of the current crop of real contenders that haven't had their shot at the older guard.
Ortiz seems to have a legit injury. Parker really doesn't have an excuse....Yet I wonder who will get called out 1st. Seeing the same people bashing Ortiz for a legit decline not keeping that same energy with Parker...lol. typical

it's possibly because nobody gives a rats ass about Parker, i dont think i've seen many fans of his on this forum. The reason people rag on Ortiz, is because he gets overblown by some fans when in reality, he is basic and has a basic record, certainly not as good as a lot of the other gatekeeper type heavyweights

it's possibly because nobody gives a rats ass about Parker, i dont think i've seen many fans of his on this forum. The reason people rag on Ortiz, is because he gets overblown by some fans when in reality, he is basic and has a basic record, certainly not as good as a lot of the other gatekeeper type heavyweights
How many wins do you have over Ortiz?

I wouldn't consider that reality. That's an opinion.
Parker may not have many direct fans here but he is touted as top tier here when people try to make shift evaluate & compare resumes.
I also think its incredible how people can't admit that a 40 year old probably regressed a lot in 4 years. Especially with little activity.

Shitty the timing doesnt work out. If he threw his hat in the mix I think theyd pull the trigger.

Not seen that footage, I'll have to check it out. I'm guessing Hrgovic got the better of things?

oh yes, very much so, and this was a few years back as well. My money would be firmly on hrgovic, but wilders powers is gonna be very different at full powers and 10oz gloves on. I’ve wanted to see that fight for a couple of years now but they’ve never really been on each other’s radar. Seems no one wants to fight him. So disappointed that Hunter ducked him. That is a 50/50 for me with a mandatory at the end of it (at some point). It’s crazy to not take the fight

If wilder wants another shot at a title he should be all over this fight. That gets him no1 with the ibf. As 3 contenders have already ducked him, I’m sure it’s a fight that can be agreed with the ibf

Parker is absurdly frustrating. Hes got all of the tools and is pretty damn well rounded, he just has zero “killer” in him.

Hrgovic doesn't want that fight. He's made it clear that he thinks Babic is a joke and beneath him.

Also, it makes no sense from the rankings standpoint.

It'd be fun as a last resort though.

Babic is going down in weight again which is probably a good idea. But yeah would have been a fun fight.

Parker is absurdly frustrating. Hes got all of the tools and is pretty damn well rounded, he just has zero “killer” in him.

never really seen much in Parker other than a good chin, half decent boxer which will get you a long way in todays game(wait for someone to ask me if i have ever beaten him)

Shitty the timing doesnt work out. If he threw his hat in the mix I think theyd pull the trigger.

oh yes, very much so, and this was a few years back as well. My money would be firmly on hrgovic, but wilders powers is gonna be very different at full powers and 10oz gloves on. I’ve wanted to see that fight for a couple of years now but they’ve never really been on each other’s radar. Seems no one wants to fight him. So disappointed that Hunter ducked him. That is a 50/50 for me with a mandatory at the end of it (at some point). It’s crazy to not take the fight

If wilder wants another shot at a title he should be all over this fight. That gets him no1 with the ibf. As 3 contenders have already ducked him, I’m sure it’s a fight that can be agreed with the ibf

I'd like to see it but it doesn't seem right that he can just leap frog everyone on the IBF rankings when he's not rated. But if no one else will fight him....

I'd like to see it but it doesn't seem right that he can just leap frog everyone on the IBF rankings when he's not rated. But if no one else will fight him....

If he fought and beat hrgovic, he deserves to be right back in the mix!

never really seen much in Parker other than a good chin, half decent boxer which will get you a long way in todays game(wait for someone to ask me if i have ever beaten him)

he’s got a hell of a chin. As has already been said, his issue is mindset as much as anything else. He’s too nice, and doesn’t seem to have a mean streak

have you ever beaten him? I bet you haven’t!

He does everything pretty well besides go for the finish. He can punch, he can box, hes got a chin. Dude just refuses to pull the trigger when it is time to do so.

Back