News Parker turns down IBF eliminator; Hrgovic is officially HW boxing's new boogeyman

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

Last year I was kind of annoyed by Hrgovic's talking given his lack of decent opposition, but it's not for lack of trying on his part.

i think hrgovic lacks refinement, but i can see why no one is too eager to fight him.

Well, they don’t exactly line up to fight Hrgovic.

I was not surprised with Ortiz! Hrgovic would be just too much at this point for him.

But with Parker I'm confused, it's not like he has hesitated to take fights he isn't supposed to win. Looks like a team decision to me. Andy Lee trying to build him up for a few more months/years until he has transformed from the fighter Kevin Barry had.

With Hunter, Ortiz and Parker all ducking him in a row, I want to congratulate Hrgovic the title "boogeyman of the HW division". Hopefully the chinese giant Zhilei accepts the final title eliminator fight.

Make the Babic fight someone! Eddie?

Hrgovic doesn't want that fight. He's made it clear that he thinks Babic is a joke and beneath him.

Also, it makes no sense from the rankings standpoint.

It'd be fun as a last resort though.

Hrgovic doesn't want that fight. He's made it clear that he thinks Babic is a joke and beneath him.

Also, it makes no sense from the rankings standpoint.

It'd be fun as a last resort though.

It makes no sense, but the lead up would be fucking hilarious. Babic can't do an interview without mentioning him. Babic gets battered btw, but if no one wants to fight Hrgovic, this would be great for shit and giggles.

Parker doesnt seem interested in fighting anyone.

And no one seems interested in fighting Hrgovic.

I was not surprised with Ortiz! Hrgovic would be just too much at this point for him.

But with Parker I'm confused, it's not like he has hesitated to take fights he isn't supposed to win. Looks like a team decision to me. Andy Lee trying to build him up for a few more months/years until he has transformed from the fighter Kevin Barry had.

With Hunter, Ortiz and Parker all ducking him in a row, I want to congratulate Hrgovic the title "boogeyman of the HW division". Hopefully the chinese giant Zhilei accepts the final title eliminator fight.
Yeah me too. I didn't think Parker was the type to avoid a challenge. Hgrovic can punch but Parker has been in there with Joshua and Whyte and survived. Hgrovic should approach Joe Joyce, I don't see him ducking.

EDIT: Forgot Joyce is waiting for his WBO shot.

Last edited:
Yeah me too. I didn't think Parker was the type to avoid a challenge. Hgrovic can punch but Parker has been in there with Joshua and Whyte and survived. Hgrovic should approach Joe Joyce, I don't see him ducking.

How much longer is Wilder out? Thats a fun one.

Don’t forget that Prince Charles Martin also ducked El Animal last year!

Maybe IBF should give it to the winner of Yoka - Bakole (if that fight will get rescheduled after the cancellation). Otherwise, they can also give Yoka the shot straight away, makes sense ranking wise...

Did someone say Boogeyman?

s-l300.jpg

Lol a couple fights not working out doesn't make him a boogeyman.

Thread title was toungue-in-cheek, but if we're counting, it's three opponents who've turned him down for the IBF eliminator.

i think hrgovic lacks refinement, but i can see why no one is too eager to fight him.
I think he actually became more sloppy over the last 2-3 years, he looked more refined early on, when he destroyed Mansour.

Thread title was toungue-in-cheek, but if we're counting, it's three opponents who've turned him down for the IBF eliminator.
I highly doubt anyone is shaking in their boots to fight him. I remember someone here saying that Hunter didn't fight him because he was able to make more money fighting someone else.

Back