Park City, Utah

tatakai

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So it looks like i'm going to be heading up that way for a work conference (which will probably be worthless, but, hey i've never been to utah!).

It'll be mid august I think, and I'm there for 3 to 5 days, not yet sure how long. I don't know how much free time I'll have, most days will most likely be booked with work shit, and I hear ppl drink heavily at night.

My question to you, sherbros, is what is there to do in Park City in such circumstances? I'm a fan of hiking and such but don't think i can rent a car or anything and really explore the area.

lol @ you. I'm going to vegas Friday.

Take a few wives. They do that in Utah, right?

It's a nice place, was at Snowbird nearby for a work conference last year and we spent some time in Park City. I can't tell you much because I had no free time to explore, but enjoy it. SLC is kindof a dump from what I saw but Park City is great as are the surrounding mountains. Just be ready for the altitude, very dry very thin air. Some people in our groups had nose bleeds and lots of lightheadedness.

Park City and surroundings are awesome. Bring a camera.

Incredible food on the main drag. Try Chimayo for delectable Southwestern.

Utah has the strictest drinking laws in the entire nation.
Buying from Bootleggers or Moonshiners would be your best option to get drunk.

Golfer?

There's a few really nice courses there.

hgifUV9.jpg

I went skiing there 20 years ago. Never been in the summertime

Park City Resort and Canyon's have some great hiking and mountain biking during the summer, and if you can't rent a car you could probably find a shuttle or a short taxi ride, everything is pretty close. If you like whiskey you should check out the High West distillery, they have their own restaurant and the food is great.

Main street at night gets really busy, several bars and people just walk around between them. They are usually too crowded for my liking but No Name Saloon can be a fun place to just drink and hang out. If you want to dance then The Downstairs or Park City Live would probably be the place to go.

As far as Utah having watered down beer, just don't buy beer from gas stations and grocery stores. There are several local breweries that make great high point craft beer, but you have to buy it from the liquor store or directly from the brewery. Not sure if any breweries have locations in Park City but the liquor store has a good selection, only problem is they aren't refrigerated so you need to buy them in advance and stick them in your refrigerator at your hotel room.

Last edited:
Utah has the strictest drinking laws in the entire nation.
Buying from Bootleggers or Moonshiners would be your best option to get drunk.

A myth for sure, I was in SLC in April on business and they have tons of good brewpubs with lots if craft beers, no "near beers" either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back