Law Parents of school shooter bveing charged with stuff?

NoGoodNamesLeft

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Scumbag pops some classmates, parents supplied weapon 4 days prior.

Interesting precedent this might impose
Thoughts?

If only those other kids and all staff members had guns.

This wouldn't have happened.

Just like that Walmart shooting. The employees there sell guns yet didn't use them . Most people can't shoot someone or even know how to properly
use gun.

If they were supportive of giving the shooter access to the gun or negligent in gun storage, charge the parents.

There is zero chance imo that this shooter didn't have major warning signs in his past.

Is there no law about having guns locked up and ammo separated? Maybe we need to make laws for this. Have steps to make it harder for kids to get parents guns. Parents should have some responsibility.

Is there no law about having guns locked up and ammo separated? Maybe we need to make laws for this. Have steps to make it harder for kids to get parents guns. Parents should have some responsibility.

Yes, there are laws for not properly securing firearms when you have kids.

And there's no way these parents didn't know their kid was a psycho....

Gross negligence at a minimum. Accessory should be on the table as well.

No way in hell they can make a manslaughter charge stick. This is political theater.

Public officials want to be seen doing something. No one wants to push gun control because it's a loser. So they have the DA push a charge that can't possibly win and lose quietly a year from now when we've moved on to another story.

They could possibly make a much lesser charge stick. Criminal negligence or something like that.

However, if they get a conviction, this sets one hell of a precedent whereby gun owners may be responsible for crimes committed with their guns.

Edit: learning more about this case, I'm still skeptical of these charges, but his parents know a lot about potential risk factors and did ALL the wrong things. There's more meat on the bone here than I originally realized.

Last edited:
Good. I understand there were also some pretty glaring red flags around this kid that everyone ignored; they all ought to be prosecuted too.
Like who? Teachers, principals, coaches? Other students and parents? We need to be a little more direct about "they" and what exactly they should have done. The last school shooter had multiple calls to the fbi and authorities beforehand, and they were ignored. Now the gov't is paying millions to the victims and their families.

Depending on the age of the kid the parents should be responsible. If your little kid breaks a neighbor's window the parents must pay to fix it. What is this kid? 15yr old? Not sure what the cut-off should be.

Last edited:
I don't like home lockup laws for guns as it limits a person's ability to defend their home according to their situation, but I do feel keeping your gun out of easy access of someone who wants to murder people with it is a part of being a responsible gun owner

So if someone uses your gun they got a hold of easily, so it's not the owner's fault if someone broke it out of a safe or stole a key or smashed a window in a car to get to it, to kill people you should be liable for some form of negligence

And that definitely includes kids. I had access to all my dad's guns around age 14ish. If it was showing any signs of not being safe with them or wanting to hurt others with them, it would have been my dad's responsibility to ensure they were locked up and I didn't know the location of the key

The kids who bullied him should be tossed in jail as well.

As much as i hate bullies, this is a slippery slope. If they bullied him into suicide i could see but this is a hard thing to toss in the mix.

If i call you a cunt every day and you shoot mr jones, i should be in jail for your actions? I know this is a drastic over simplification here but im not sure there is a way of doing this where it doesnt become tyrranical nearly.

That’s awesome. Hope they are found guilty. Not in this case, but gun sellers should also be prosecuted if certain cases.

I guess the mechanic who kept Darrell Brooks Jr's car running is also guilty of murdering 6 and mowing down 50+ people?

Back