Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists

The pet version of multiverses from the string theory chaps I've seen is simply put: wrong. It relies on the possibility of making a choice one does not make. For that to happen there would have to be freedom from ourselves, which obviously is not the case.

Here is some science.

point.jpg

:D

It would be more productive if you explained your point if you think I misunderstood it. I can't see any other relevant interpretation of the words you wrote.

Title needs the word MIGHT.
These things might exist, there's no evidence that they do.

Because I believe there is a spirit realm that interacts with our world and is the premise I begin with. Therefore it only stands to reason that if scientists are detecting "other worlds" that interact with ours it's probably the spiritual realm.

It's probably how the cave dweller's that had no clue what they were seeing interpret it. Probably nothing spiritual about it. Just another world.

The pet version of multiverses from the string theory chaps I've seen is simply put: wrong. It relies on the possibility of making a choice one does not make. For that to happen there would have to be freedom from ourselves, which obviously is not the case.

Please stop talking about modality, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. What you said here is utterly incoherent.

Here's a few.

They don't sound impressive, explosive or awesome, but i guaran-fucking-tee you they were terrifying at the time.

One time I was sitting in my living room playing some video game. i had a curtain next to me. It moved. Not a little twitch but it shuffled aside like some mother fucker swung his hand and pushed it all aside. I froze, absolutely fucking terrified, wondering if the windows were open and i was about to get my ass murdered. Finally i found my balls and moved the curtain aside. Nothing. No AC or anything else was on to explain this, and i don't have pets, critters, or pests. Weird as fuck but whatever I thought.

Another time.

So once I had this chubby girl over for banging. So after bang we're watching some TV and she says she has to go to the bathroom. OK i don't have TP in my guest bathroom so use my master. OK she says. I stay and watch TV, she goes and does whatever.

a couple minutes later my bedroom door SLAMS. No air conditioning or any shit was on, the god damn door was wide open. I had my back to the door and was like ok wtf is this bitch slammin my shit for? So she opens the door with a terrified expression and said she was walking out the room when the door just slammed.

So i make up some shit about pressure changes and maybe the AC was on and she pointed out the obvious idiotic flaws and said 'that was really weird' being an atheist herself iirc she clearly didn't want to make much of it. but it was fuckin weird.

another time i was sitting on my bed watching netflix solo while texting some chicks. My bedroom door was open, lights were off. My bedroom door was a standard wooden door, you can't nudge it more than a couple inches. So i'm sitting watching TV and the god damn thing moves a foot. As I look at it it keeps moving and all I want to do is shit myself.

Finally it stops. After saying something sarcastic to mr. ghost I grab my rifle and investigate every room. Of course it's only me, but i know what I saw, shit opened up about 2 fucking feet, and it's not a light door either. Something fucking moved it.

I had an otherwise completely normal friend who said he would see weird shit sometimes growing up and told me to put salt on my door. I rented the place out instead and moved my ass out. One of the new tenants was a college girl who claimed i had pests because she would hear shit at night. I had the place sprayed just to shut her up, but the guy said he inspected it and the inside and saw nothing.

So yeah. Fuck that place. Like I said, nobody believes this shit is real till it happens to them. I sure as shit didn't. But I can't deny what I saw.

Anyway, a parallel dimension would make me feel better than an actual presence, so im gonna go with that.

My only "ghostly" experience happened while working security at Mt. Lee where the Hollywood sign is at. If you ever look at the Hollywood sign it has communication towers above it. I was contract security for it at the time. I was sitting at the guard shack with another guard when at the corner of my eye I see the silhouette of a person by the door. I hear somebody slapped it hard. The other guard and I turn towards the door. I actually see the silhouette continue passing by the window next to the door. We both pull out our guns thinking somebody broke in. We check the area and saw nothing. We even used a large fog lamp to illuminate the hill nothing.

I wonder if it was some dude from another realm walking to work and all of a sudden felt like something hit him in the middle of the hallway of his house. Dude thinking his house is hunted. Just the door of my guard shack.

So when you ejaculate it creates a new universe?

It's probably how the cave dweller's that had no clue what they were seeing interpret it. Probably nothing spiritual about it. Just another world.

I think its far more likely it's a spiritual world

Last edited:
Your title is a lot more certain than the quote from scientists. They called it a possible explanation for why quantum mechanics acts so strange, and not pure fantasy.
Exactly.
"Whether or not the math holds true will be the ultimate test for this theory. Does it or does it not properly predict quantum effects mathematically? But the theory is certain to provide plenty of fodder for the imagination."
At the moment it's speculation only.

Regarding your energy problem, TS, I am no expert but I believe this is alleviated by the fact that "dark energy", i.e. the energy inherent in spacetime that causes it to expand, is negative. When a new universe spawns off ours, I believe it is presumed total energy change is 0. This is not precisely true, mind you, but I would call it close enough for jazz.

Well... duh.

Po-tay-to, po-tah-to

I don't agree with it. It means that every conscious decision each individual makes creates a new Universe? I don't agree with that. The Universe is, however more complicated than we can't understand. And that wasn't a typo. It's possible, when thinking about infinity, that all things that can occur, eventually do occur; because infinity says that kind of has to happen. With time being somewhat of an illusion, in some fashion all those different versions of the Universe may not be separated by any time at all. Again, it's more complicated than we can even begin t`o comprehend right now. Might be better if we don't.

Please stop talking about modality, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Proof or STFU.

I get logic very well. Other modalities I seldom comment upon at all.

I can't explain it, but I feel this waters down the "I'm supposed to be special snowflake and shit."

So I can see some people being pissed.

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F10%2Fharry.gif

Science is explaining God's creation.
If there is a multiverse, no one will ever observe it. I think it is funny how scientists accept this but get so butthurt over God. At least God has a reason for not being detected by scientific means...he is supernatural and not under the domain of science.

But getting into this, even if there are more universes coming about, there is not an infinite number and our's or one of them was the first one.

You don't seem to understand how science works. It's not so much about acceptance as it is an understanding that it seems to be where the evidence leads at the moment in the opinion of some theoretical physicists. No one is going around saying they're certain this is how it is because that's just plain stupid. Understand? It's not even known with any certainty whether our own universe is finite or infinite, let alone whether the number of any yet to be proved other universes is finite or infinite. The point is that by being open to the possibility, we can keep our theoretical eyes out for new opportunities to test our theories after all and learn more about the universe. Look at quantum theory. When people first started talking about the crazy predictions it made, even the people who discovered them didn't believe it, Einstein being a famous example with "spooky action at a distance". But by developing the theory, scientists were able to make predictions that could be tested and eventually, we were able to increase our confidence in the theory as more predictions were proved correct. However, we still know it's incomplete so the work goes on. Show me someone doing that with their religious belief system.

There's absolutely no facts to back this up.

Bring proof, then we'll talk

Back