Parallel between Crocop/Fedor and Conor/Khabib

Not at all ..

Fedor brought the fight to CC, and dominated most of the exchanges standing..

I doubt Khabib tries to stand, or we are gonna see a KO..
Fedor arguably won the standup and dominated on the ground.

Pride had some amazing fights... top-tier. Not as often in the UFC but this could be one.... if they ever sign the contract.

Fedor and Crocop was 28 and 30 respectively. Conor and Khabib will be 30 years old if the fight happens late this year/

Fedor had 22 wins and one loss from illegal elbow, basically undefeated with 16 stoppage wins.
Khabib has 26 wins with 16 stoppage wins.

Crocop had 16 wins and 2 losses and 2 draws, with 15 stoppage wins.
Conor has 21 wins and 3 losses, with 19 stoppage wins.

Scary European southpaw knock-out killer vs Russian machine with combat sambo background

Crocop's LHK vs Fedor's sambo/Judo

hunt_252Bcro_252Bcop_medium.gif

tumblr_n9p490MO2c1tg5avno1_500.gif

Conor's left hand vs Khabib's sambo/wrestling

M3ju.gif

52051_Sequence_01_5.gif

Crocop's silent killer vibe, Fedor's cyborg like demeanor

Conor's gifted trash-talking, Khabib's broken english but somehow charismatic presence

Fedor/Crocop, was the biggest fight of the last decade, chosen so by many publications, and Fedor went undefeated that decade literally, and was honored as the fighter of the decade by Sports illustrated, MMAfighting, Fight! Magazine, Bleacher report, vale-tudo.ru, About.com...

url

Will the history repeat itself? Two more years left until the end of this decade

Can Khabib beat Conor in possibly the biggest fight of this decade, and also become the fighter of the decade going undefeated for this decade?

Will-History-repeat-itself.png
Fuck, I actually agree with this. I don't know if this will be the fight of the century, as Fedor/Cro Cop was given the title of, but it has a similar vibe.

Someone get this man a job with the UFC marketing team

With as much as TS been posting lately...
Someone get this man a job... ANY job

Sorry TS, it had to be done. It was actually a good post and aside from a few "nitpick" items, the comparison is somewhat appropriate. I just see you post a lot lately when I didn't see you much before.
His posts are almost LouisBolanos and Arm Barbarian-esque in numbers, Joe.

LOL you are reaching hard with every comparison

It's nothing like that fight in any way

And if you really think Connor is nothing but a left hand then you don't really understand MMA and or in for a rude awakening as Khabib will learn

Did you watch.... Crocop vs Fedor?! I mean, I get what you're trying to do. But Fedor bested Crocop both on the feet and when he took him down. If you think Khabib can out strike Conor you're out of your mind. Don't get me wrong, I feel Khabib both gas tank and in general would be my personal favorite to win. But standing he'd get cracked and hard....

First, this exact thread has been done before.

Second, the comparison ends when you look at how the Fedor-CroCop fight played out. Most of the fight took place on the feet, with Fedor getting the better of the exchanges. There's no way in hell Khabib wins a striking battle against Conor. If the fight stays standing, Khabib is screwed. Luckily for him, it seems more likely that he'll get Conor down and maul him.

Except fedor cro cop were the 2 best heavyweights in the world, not 2 little manlets. No offense to conor and khabib but fedor Crocop was watching 2 men that could defeat almost any humam being on the planet in a fight. Its a differe t vibe.

And I think Conor's takedown defence and BJJ is underrated, it's just that he tries to strike at all costs and uses the grappling tools to avoid these situations. There were some really good GIFs someone posted of examples of Conor's grappling ability, i'll have to dig em up.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

BlankWarmCaecilian.gif

LegitimateCheerfulHyracotherium.gif

McGregor-elbows-bottom.gif

56d0bf6031aa1.gif

1422377422ConorLegDrag.gif

4LnkzLNfKW1W3HMsQxjGWev6OdEUxRX8QPOx4Qz7jXQ.gif

giphy.gif

Iad12ok.gif

Hill_1.gif

giphy.gif

Heavyweights.

Kickboxer vs Sambo
Boxer vs Wrestler
LW vs HW

So similar. Both were iconic fights but weren't similar at all.

First, this exact thread has been done before.

Second, the comparison ends when you look at how the Fedor-CroCop fight played out. Most of the fight took place on the feet, with Fedor getting the better of the exchanges. There's no way in hell Khabib wins a striking battle against Conor. If the fight stays standing, Khabib is screwed. Luckily for him, it seems more likely that he'll get Conor down and maul him.
lol. literally half the fight was on the ground with fedor on top. and cro cop exhausted for round 2.

Back