Paq vs Mayweather thread......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't punish the fighters because you had a different scorecard than the judges.

These top ranked boxers like other elite athletes are overpaid anyway. They'll manage to survive with a little pay cut. We're free to choose how to spend our own money and I'm sure most people don't like the feeling of being tricked. If I was to watch rigged fights I may as well turn to pro wrestling

When the MMA characters go back to their caves, we should make a scorecard thread for this fight.

lol not sure if serious don corleone..."MMA characters"? you mean like ~99.9% of all Sherdog users since, well, you know, Sherdog is an MMA forum? :cool:

tumblr_m4mzq7k0Jb1qga1al.jpg

Loss drops Pac's stock a bit even if people believe it was controversial or not... This will make Mayweather more likely to ask for an increase pay and over 50% because he's undefeated and Pac's coming off a loss...

Loss drops Pac's stock a bit even if people believe it was controversial or not... This will make Mayweather more likely to ask for an increase pay and over 50% because he's undefeated and Pac's coming off a loss...

Look now that Pac lost to Bradley he will be lucky to get offered 9 million to fight Floyd . That loss now means that a Floyd fight has now become less of an interest . Now Manny cant demand fifty fifty and he can blame himself and Arum . Manny would have been better off fighting Floyd and losing getting a huge pay day but having lost to a legend of the sport. I doubt Bradley will fight Floyd Arum wont let that happen either. Floyd would tko Bradley in fifth round .

lol not sure if serious don corleone..."MMA characters"? you mean like ~99.9% of all Sherdog users since, well, you know, Sherdog is an MMA forum? :cool:

tumblr_m4mzq7k0Jb1qga1al.jpg

The people who matter know what I'm talking about.

Why is this thread still up here? Pacquiao's yesterday's news now as he has shown that in the last two fights he hasn't even been able to compete equally with guys a level below Mayweather nevermind Floyd himself.

Why is this thread still up here? Pacquiao's yesterday's news now as he has shown that in the last two fights he hasn't even been able to compete equally with guys a level below Mayweather nevermind Floyd himself.

Wow.What a hater.

Wow.What a hater.

...Or maybe I'm a caring soul who doesn't want to see Manny get seriously injured or even worse if he fights Floyd. I do have a heart you know. Unlike like all of you who are continuing to try to promote such a blatant mismatch.

...Or maybe I'm a caring soul who doesn't want to see Manny get seriously injured or even worse if he fights Floyd. I do have a heart you know. Unlike like all of you who are continuing to try to promote such a blatant mismatch.

You make a good point . We should not be talking bout pac and mayweather . Mayweather is still undefeated and has pretty much fought the same people as pac. Best thing is Mayweather beat them first except for Cotto. Mayweather too risky for Manny now he would lose lopsided decision .

When Bradley loses to Pac in the rematch

Would anyone still be interested in seeing Bradley/Mayweather?

Are you kidding ?

Eventual Pac - May bout didn't lose any of its appeal because of Manny's "lose" against Bradley.

It wasn't like Manny was undefeated before to begin with, right ?

Look, Bradley is "undefeated" and would you rather watch him meet Floyd than Pacquiao vs Floyd ?

For the record:

Bradley was bullshiting Manny the whole fight with his semi-contact punches and idiots scoring the fight for Bradley never put a pair of gloves on their hands, be asured of that. Their "knowledge" about boxing originates from some old Playstation-boxing game

They think that 20 light touches with glove inside the clinch while you hold your opponent with the other hand equals 20 power punches, lol...

I don't even care about compubox statistics, even if they in Mannys favor. Bradley isn't even a fighter, IMO and he did NOTHING in that fight but been in survival mode all the time. Any of his "punches" he hit Manny with couldn't hurt my sister.

Still I don't think that this decision was a bad thing for Manny in the long run. He'll hopefully train more and preach the bible less and not be so comfortable in judges decisions either.

well enjoy being a boxing elitist on an MMA forum..
because apparently boxing fans are VIPs compared to MMA fans :cool:

Oh give it a rest already.

Pac lost a very close fight, end of story.

Shit happens all the time.

Kellerman said post-fight that he spoke to some reporters by Bradleys corner who thought Bradley won the fight, and guess what, all the crying, bitching and moaning isnt changing the fact that Pac lost.

He lost. keep crying.

Are you kidding ?

Eventual Pac - May bout didn't lose any of its appeal because of Manny's "lose" against Bradley.

It wasn't like Manny was undefeated before to begin with, right ?

Look, Bradley is "undefeated" and would you rather watch him meet Floyd than Pacquiao vs Floyd ?

For the record:

Bradley was bullshiting Manny the whole fight with his semi-contact punches and idiots scoring the fight for Bradley never put a pair of gloves on their hands, be asured of that. Their "knowledge" about boxing originates from some old Playstation-boxing game

They think that 20 light touches with glove inside the clinch while you hold your opponent with the other hand equals 20 power punches, lol...

I don't even care about compubox statistics, even if they in Mannys favor. Bradley isn't even a fighter, IMO and he did NOTHING in that fight but been in survival mode all the time. Any of his "punches" he hit Manny with couldn't hurt my sister.

Still I don't think that this decision was a bad thing for Manny in the long run. He'll hopefully train more and preach the bible less and not be so comfortable in judges decisions either.

For someone talking about " boxing knowledge " one would expect you to know that Power-Punching isnt a criteria of judging a boxing match.

So it doesnt matter if Bradley feather-fisted Manny all night, as long as it was clean, effective and he used proper defense, and was the more aggressive fighter, he couldnt tickled Manny all night long.

For someone talking about " boxing knowledge " one would expect you to know that Power-Punching isnt a criteria of judging a boxing match.

So it doesnt matter if Bradley feather-fisted Manny all night, as long as it was clean, effective and he used proper defense, and was the more aggressive fighter, he couldnt tickled Manny all night long.

Well it doesn't work that way, I'm afraid.

If Bradley light-jabbs 3 times you equal that to Mannys 3 clean punches ?

First of all, no judge count punches for the simple reason that no judge is compubox.

Decisions are highly subjective and thats the reason you have split decisions in the first place. There are a few things judges are looking for and one of those are how effective punches are actually.

You may land 200 punches if all land on my gloves and if I drop lets say 5 five clean punches that stun you, then I win the round.

Also you may be much more active in a given round but if I drop you by a single punch for counting, you will lose the round.

So you see it's not simply counted "punch for punch". "What" you land matters greatly.

That's why many people complained over Leonard's victory against Hagler acusing him for only landing "sloopy" punches all night.

Still the difference here is Leonard actually LANDED those punches, now sloopy or not, actually stunning Hagler a number of times but Bradley really didn't land any significant punches through the whole fight.

All judges know this and even if decisions are highly subjective they can not judge it exactly as they like, they have comitment and responsibility.

The judges that had it for Bradley were either high on something or simply corrupted.

Apart from that you would have to be an idiot to score it for Bradley.

You guys realise compubox is two guys sat at a computer clicking buttons right?

Am I the only one that thinks people are crazy for not wanting to see Pac-Floyd anymore? The better fighter isn't a mystery anymore, but I don't see how this fight won't be entertaining as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back