Paolo Costa v Chris Weidman

ajcobra84

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
this fight should be next it would be a nice notch under Paolo’s belt and would launch him into the top 5.

Costa will give Whineman his 4th KO loss in 5 fights

Slow down. I like Costa too, but if anything this is a huge test for him. Uriah "no fundamentals" Hall was putting a jab in his face all night, it was really fucking him up. Had it been Isreal behind that jab Costa wouldn't be undefeated right now.

Gonna be a good fight though, the kind I look forward too. Rarely do I look forward to blowouts, unless it's a serving of humble pie, or a showcase for a very acrobatic fighter, like Zabit.

Slow down. I like Costa too, but if anything this is a huge test for him. Uriah "no fundamentals" Hall was putting a jab in his face all night, it was really fucking him up. Had it been Isreal behind that jab Costa wouldn't be undefeated right now.

Gonna be a good fight though, the kind I look forward too. Rarely do I look forward to blowouts, unless it's a serving of humble pie, or a showcase for a very acrobatic fighter, like Zabit.
Weidman has zero jab and is much slower than hall

A bizzarre man will point at an unconscious fighter on the ground and scream "still my boy"

I could see this going either way, though I hope Costa wins

It will be the first real test for Borrachinha, can't wait!

Top grappling and ground game, though...

Although his bottom grappling looked bad against Luke. Hehe

I don't understand why people underestimate him so much all of a sudden. Well, I do (3 TKO losses in a row) but this is still the guy that beat Silva 2x and Machida, right? The guy that broke his losing streak by submitting Gastelum (who happens to the new "it" person) literally just a year ago?

Hall was more dangerous striking wise then Weidman. I assume weidman would try to grapple and wrestle him for the most part try to gas out this beast.

I don't understand why people underestimate him so much all of a sudden. Well, I do (3 TKO losses in a row) but this is still the guy that beat Silva 2x and Machida, right? The guy that broke his losing streak by submitting Gastelum (who happens to the new "it" person) literally just a year ago?

Maybe because some think he looked bad after USADA.
And he did... I don't know if it was because USADA or because he had better opponents.

But, yeah, fighters shouldn't underestimate him because he has a big chance of beating everybody in the division (well, a smaller chance against Romero) due to his wrestling. Also, he could easily lose right now against the young strikers.

I'm guessing Whit did the MMA math.
"I beat Romero, Romero beat Weidman, I will beat Weidman"

Also, Weidman does not deserve a TS. Nobody in the division deserves it right now, but Gas is the most deserving of all the non-derserving fighters.

Weidman will cheat and try to find a way out of the fight once he feels Costa's power but get brutally ktfo in the process. His dad will finally disown him.

Maybe because some think he looked bad after USADA.
And he did... I don't know if it was because USADA or because he had better opponents.

But, yeah, fighters shouldn't underestimate him because he has a big chance of beating everybody in the division (well, a smaller chance against Romero) due to his wrestling. Also, he could easily lose right now against the young strikers.

I'm guessing Whit did the MMA math.
"I beat Romero, Romero beat Weidman, I will beat Weidman"

Also, Weidman does not deserve a TS. Nobody in the division deserves it right now, but Gas is the most deserving of all the non-derserving fighters.

Yeah I agree with you on all your points made. Although I also cannot say for sure, as he hasn't (TMK) failed any tests, he hasn't looked as good after USADA. He still hasn't looked or performed horrible/horribly though, you know...like Johny Hendricks.

people bash him for those losses but they were to Luke in the title fight and Luke was definitely #2 MW in the world at the time. I mean, Chris vs Luke at the time it took place was pretty much the best fight on paper the UFC could make. Then he lost to Yoel, who is the #2 fighter in the MW division now, and Gegard, who many regard as a top 5 MW in the world as well. It's not like he went and fought Theodorou and got KO'd or 2017 Big Rigg and got out-worked in a 5 round fight. He took on a few of the best in the division and lost.

Then he fought the next best guy in the division and finished him. Unsure where people are coming from when they think Chris is some can all of a sudden. Most of the fights he lost were competitive until he did, so, I'm not convinced he's as washed up as some make him out to be.

Weidman wants you be like Gus and fight for the title or not to fight

lol Another KO loss for Weidman. I bet he retires after this beating. Too bad. I'd love to see either Whittaker or Gastelum whoop his ass.

people bash him for those losses but they were to Luke in the title fight and Luke was definitely #2 MW in the world at the time. I mean, Chris vs Luke at the time it took place was pretty much the best fight on paper the UFC could make. Then he lost to Yoel, who is the #2 fighter in the MW division now, and Gegard, who many regard as a top 5 MW in the world as well. It's not like he went and fought Theodorou and got KO'd or 2017 Big Rigg and got out-worked in a 5 round fight. He took on a few of the best in the division and lost.

Then he fought the next best guy in the division and finished him. Unsure where people are coming from when they think Chris is some can all of a sudden. Most of the fights he lost were competitive until he did, so, I'm not convinced he's as washed up as some make him out to be.

Mainly bandwagoners jumping ship after he lost, I assume. He was THE hype before and after beating Silva, then he's trash the second he loses. I have never been a big fan of his, or even a fan really, but I came around a little after his loss to Luke. I still think he can potentially be world champ once more.

Mainly bandwagoners jumping ship after he lost, I assume. He was THE hype before and after beating Silva, then he's trash the second he loses. I have never been a big fan of his, or even a fan really, but I came around a little after his loss to Luke. I still think he can potentially be world champ once more.

if his technique has improved and his body can still do what he was able to do in the manner he did a few years ago, I absolutely agree he has the potential to be champ again. Weidman at his best was a good striker with power, solid wrestling, and a really strong top game with both GnP and submissions. Just a matter if his body can actually do so.

I don't think I was a huge fan of his personally then either but I think after the Vitor fight I started liking him more. But the hate on him on here has gotten ridic. Too many fickle fake fans in MMA that have somehow made their way onto Sherdog

if his technique has improved and his body can still do what he was able to do in the manner he did a few years ago, I absolutely agree he has the potential to be champ again. Weidman at his best was a good striker with power, solid wrestling, and a really strong top game with both GnP and submissions. Just a matter if his body can actually do so.

I don't think I was a huge fan of his personally then either but I think after the Vitor fight I started liking him more. But the hate on him on here has gotten ridic. Too many fickle fake fans in MMA that have somehow made their way onto Sherdog

Yup. I'ts as Jerry "The King" Lawler used to say: "These fans are a fickle; They'll turn on you in a second!"...and no truer words were said about (casual) fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back