Panera is adding pizza to the menu, as chains like Domino's and Papa John's sales explode during the

• Thread starter Deleted member 579584
  • Start date
I used to go there all the time when I was still in South Florida. A bit overpriced, but not bad.
It's really good and I find the overpriced comments puzzling. Do people not know that a meal at any fast food place is at least $8-10 now? Panera is in that range but tastes much better than most burger places.

Huh? Explain please?

Panera opened a few locations called "Panera Cares". It was a "Pay-What-Can" model. This means if you got a meal and only had a buck, you paid a buck. If you couldn't float it that day, you didn't pay. Well, more than enough people took advantage of the concept. People ate there multiple times a day and didn't pay a dime.

Panera opened a few locations called "Panera Cares". It was a "Pay-What-Can" model. This means if you got a meal and only had a buck, you paid a buck. If you couldn't float it that day, you didn't pay. Well, more than enough people took advantage of the concept. People ate there multiple times a day and didn't pay a dime.
Jesus Christ what an insanely stupid concept

<36>

Jesus Christ what an insanely stupid concept

<36>

Yeah, they were under the notion that there would be enough people giving them reasonable payments to keep them afloat.

They’ve been dead to me since they killed the P4P goat sandwich, the Italian Combo. Panera can rot in hell with their bastardized bread-pizza.

In the UK one is not allowed to drink in a pub unless you are eating a substantial meal.
A buddy of mine managed to get large slices of Pizza to count in my city as substantial after a shit load of twitter madness.

Great.....so I can spend $11.95 on a personal sized "Artisan Flatbread Pizza" that's worth like 2 bucks.

Panera should’ve stayed in their lane. Nobody is going to go I’m craving pizza I think I’ll go to Panera. Certainly not with only 4 sorry ass choices and definitely not when it’s $7.99 for a personal cheese.

I think MOD pizza got that market on lockdown. Same low price regardless of toppings, over 50 different toppings & sauces, 3 different crusts, fast, efficient, not bad tasting. No can compete Panera.

It's really good and I find the overpriced comments puzzling. Do people not know that a meal at any fast food place is at least $8-10 now? Panera is in that range but tastes much better than most burger places.
Au Bon Pain (which Panera Bread is the owner of*) has much better prices and I would argue better quality as well, but unfortunately they're closing a lot of the US locations and focusing on the international locations. Here in Cambridge, MA we used to have the flagship Au Bon Pain location and about 7 in total. They're ALL closed now. It just seemed to me like you didn't get a lot of food for the prices you were paying. You do raise a good point about how expensive fast food has become, though.

*There's a weird history there with the two companies, where Au Bon Pain actually bought Panera Bread (then known as Saint Louis Bread Company) in 1993, but then Panera Bread became the dominant brand and the Au Bon Pain brand was sold to another company in 1999 and then eventually Panera Bread bought out Au Bon Pain in 2017. I don't like the direction they're taking the company in...

PS - Also, the sandwich I like at PB (steak & white cheddar) is $11 and it's not very big. They have a deal where you only get a cup of soup and half a sandwich. If you want a bowl of soup and a full sandwich, it's a fuck TON of money. Fast food is crap, but you do get a full meal for $8-10, so PB really isn't priced the same unless you have a really small appetite.

Last edited:
Au Bon Pain (which Panera Bread is the owner of*) has much better prices and I would argue better quality as well, but unfortunately they're closing a lot of the US locations and focusing on the international locations. Here in Cambridge, MA we used to have the flagship Au Bon Pain location and about 7 in total. They're ALL closed now. It just seemed to me like you didn't get a lot of food for the prices you were paying. You do raise a good point about how expensive fast food has become, though.

*There's a weird history there with the two companies, where Au Bon Pain actually bought Panera Bread (then known as Saint Louis Bread Company) in 1993, but then Panera Bread became the dominant brand and the Au Bon Pain brand was sold to another company in 1999 and then eventually Panera Bread bought out Au Bon Pain in 2017. I don't like the direction they're taking the company in...

PS - Also, the sandwich I like at PB (steak & white cheddar) is $11 and it's not very big. They have a deal where you only get a cup of soup and half a sandwich. If you want a bowl of soup and a full sandwich, it's a fuck TON of money. Fast food is crap, but you do get a full meal for $8-10, so PB really isn't priced the same unless you have a really small appetite.
Never been to or heard of the other brand. It is slightly pricy but I'm a fairly big dude and the half sandwich and soup combo fills me up. It's a half sandwich by food industry standards, not a half the size it would be if you made a sandwich at home. Usually if I go to a fast food place and just get a combo without doing the cheapest thing I can, it's between $8 and $9 bucks. Panera is generally within 2 bucks of that price point and tastes way better than fast food imo.

Never been to or heard of the other brand. It is slightly pricy but I'm a fairly big dude and the half sandwich and soup combo fills me up. It's a half sandwich by food industry standards, not a half the size it would be if you made a sandwich at home. Usually if I go to a fast food place and just get a combo without doing the cheapest thing I can, it's between $8 and $9 bucks. Panera is generally within 2 bucks of that price point and tastes way better than fast food imo.
Fair enough. I'm speaking from my personal experience. When I lived in South Florida and PB was close by it seemed like a good option a fair amount of the time. Back in Boston, we have/had better options, especially when Au Bon Pain was still around (they still sort of are, but the locations are fewer and far between and a lot of them are in restricted access places like hospitals and airports). And PB isn't as close as it was in SF, and it seems like the locations are fewer and far between here. I've gone to PB once or twice here, but usually I have better options in terms of convenience, price, quality, etc.

PS - Au Bon Pain doesn't have any US locations west of Texas, so that explains why a lot of people might not have heard of them. IIRC, you live in the Las Vegas area...

I also just checked and they closed ALL of their locations in Fort Lauderdale, FL as well, which is where I was.

Last edited:
I just ordered papa johns I haven't eaten at pantera in years pieology is basically the panera of pizza at the malls already.
Even mall pizza like Sbarro is much better than this.

Even mall pizza like Sbarro is much better than this.
I think Sbarro used to be better than pieology but the 2020 version of sbarro gives you some cold hard pizza the one at the del amo mall is the worst. pieology at least makes your pizza fresh.

Except it's not pizza. It's flatbread.

Hope theyre not doing this in response to Papa John's and Domino's... which are trash too.

Its pizza for Karens. :p

I live in NY. I would never touch any of that trash. I like real pizza.

That being said, if I had to eat shit pizza made in a shit way, I would take Little Caesar's over Papa John's and dominio's and pizza hut.

On a side note, when I was 16 I used to make pizzas at a regular ass pizzeria. I was never taught that the more toppings you get, the less of each topping you get. And I am a pretty honest guy.
So if someone got a supreme large pizza, they were getting like a 10-15 pound pizza. People would return them sometimes. Like what the F. BUT, whatever got returned we could take home....so I was eating these big ass pizzas every night.

Oh and I never knew shit, but I quit the job and like 6 months later they got arrested for drugs and prostitution.

Now there was this one cute girl working there who would grab my ass and shit. Every night there would be like a group of 4-5 guys waiting for her to leave. I thought she was just a nympho...but no she was a hooker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back