Panera is adding pizza to the menu, as chains like Domino's and Papa John's sales explode during the

• Thread starter Deleted member 579584
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 579584

094c95b223aa6cf07a16acbbf6c9d9a5

Panera is adding pizza to the menu. Panera

• Panera is adding pizza to the menu, rolling out three flatbreads in restaurants this week.

• Panera exec Eduardo Luz told Business Insider that the rise of Panera's take-out, drive-thru, and delivery during the pandemic helped convince the chain to add pizza to the menu.

• The chain wanted to make a pizza that people "feel good about eating," Luz said.

• Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Panera is adding pizza to the menu this week.
On Wednesday, the chain announced it is rolling out three flatbread pizzas: cheese, Margherita, and chipotle chicken & bacon. Prices will start at $7.99.

"As the pandemic hit and we saw ... our guests moving more and more off-premise — ordering food to be delivered or picked up or via drive-thru — we believe that it's a platform that fits really well with what Panera can do," Panera's chief brand and concept officer Eduardo Luz told Business Insider.

3280c89c91b75bc143384f3eb0d0f60e

Panera's flatbread is engineered to hold up as a delivery order. Panera
Luz said Panera's off-premise sales have exploded in recent months, with delivery growing in the triple digits. Pick-up and drive-thru have increased in the high double digits, according to Luz.

Pizza is an ideal menu item for the pandemic because it holds up for customers who order delivery or take-away.

As a result, chains like Domino's and Papa John's have been thriving in 2020. Domino's reported in early October that US same-store sale grew 17.5% in the most recent quarter. Papa John's preliminarily reported its same-store sales for the quarter were up 23.8%. <DCWhoa>

ebb95ee7866a241d9b06f2717f1e7b79.jpg

Panera is decent, my old job would use them for catering for lunch-n-learns which was always good because free food. Bummed that they got rid of their Tortellini Alfredo though, it was actually pretty tasty.

Since everything at Panero’s comes out of a plastic bag anyway, I wonder if one could just go directly to Sysco and buy their entire menu directly. Think of the savings.

Panera has good soups. Sandwiches are decent but not the best

They used to have pizza about 14 years ago. It wasn't real pizza. But, if you liked flatbread with four kinds of cheese, it was good.

ebb95ee7866a241d9b06f2717f1e7b79.jpg

Panera is decent, my old job would use them for catering for lunch-n-learns which was always good because free food. Bummed that they got rid of their Tortellini Alfredo though, it was actually pretty tasty.
I used to go there all the time when I was still in South Florida. A bit overpriced, but not bad.

They used to have pizza about 14 years ago. It wasn't real pizza. But, if you liked flatbread with four kinds of cheese, it was good.
I would imagine that this is just an updated version of that pizza.

094c95b223aa6cf07a16acbbf6c9d9a5

Panera is adding pizza to the menu. Panera

• Panera is adding pizza to the menu, rolling out three flatbreads in restaurants this week.

• Panera exec Eduardo Luz told Business Insider that the rise of Panera's take-out, drive-thru, and delivery during the pandemic helped convince the chain to add pizza to the menu.

• The chain wanted to make a pizza that people "feel good about eating," Luz said.

• Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Panera is adding pizza to the menu this week.
On Wednesday, the chain announced it is rolling out three flatbread pizzas: cheese, Margherita, and chipotle chicken & bacon. Prices will start at $7.99.

"As the pandemic hit and we saw ... our guests moving more and more off-premise — ordering food to be delivered or picked up or via drive-thru — we believe that it's a platform that fits really well with what Panera can do," Panera's chief brand and concept officer Eduardo Luz told Business Insider.

3280c89c91b75bc143384f3eb0d0f60e

Panera's flatbread is engineered to hold up as a delivery order. Panera
Luz said Panera's off-premise sales have exploded in recent months, with delivery growing in the triple digits. Pick-up and drive-thru have increased in the high double digits, according to Luz.

Pizza is an ideal menu item for the pandemic because it holds up for customers who order delivery or take-away.

As a result, chains like Domino's and Papa John's have been thriving in 2020. Domino's reported in early October that US same-store sale grew 17.5% in the most recent quarter. Papa John's preliminarily reported its same-store sales for the quarter were up 23.8%. <DCWhoa>
Their food is bland in comparison to all of the other options out there, but when is it ever a bad idea to add pizza to your menu? It might help them.

I love Panera bread because they give me free stuff on the app, I get free coffee and sandwiches from time to time lol
I hope that pizza taste good as it looks

I just ordered papa johns I haven't eaten at pantera in years pieology is basically the panera of pizza at the malls already.

Why would people crave pizza during the pandemic?
Pizza is OK at times, but it's basically a big lump of overpriced flour and cheese. The ingredients cost nothing and the profit margin is insane. I'd much rather pay for something that has meat in it; the ingredients have value.

Back