Panera introduces Thai Chicken Soup, but is it Tom Kha?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

New Thai Chicken Soup features simmers chicken, carrots, shiitake mushrooms, red bell peppers and edamame in a rich, Thai yellow coconut curry broth with lemongrass, ginger, galangal, and Thai lime, for a gently spicy soup.

This is Tom Kha soup

429048911_6016160459001_6016109288001-vs.jpg

@Mike

tbf Panera isn't that much greater. it's overpriced with ridiculously small portions. when I pay 10 bucks for a sandwich I want to be satiated.

hqdefault.jpg

New Thai Chicken Soup features simmers chicken, carrots, shiitake mushrooms, red bell peppers and edamame in a rich, Thai yellow coconut curry broth with lemongrass, ginger, galangal, and Thai lime, for a gently spicy soup.

This is Tom Kha soup

429048911_6016160459001_6016109288001-vs.jpg
Pairs well with panda express General Tso's chicken and Taco Bell's burrito Supreme

That's not Tom Kha

Its a bastardized version of it

@Mike

tbf Panera isn't that much greater. it's overpriced with ridiculously small portions. when I pay 10 bucks for a sandwich I want to be satiated.
People always mention their portion size, but I'm a fat bastard and the soup and half sandwich is a suitable portion for me for lunch. And the sandwiches and soup are better than your average major chain imo.

People always mention their portion size, but I'm a fat bastard and the soup and half sandwich is a suitable portion for me for lunch. And the sandwiches and soup are better than your average major chain imo.
I agree, although Im not fat. It is over priced though, I only eat when Im on the road in places not known for good food (Anywhere outside the lower Metro NYC tri state area). Soup is always good....Tomato Bisque, Wild Chicken and rice....Dip a Chicken club with avocado in there, its all good.

Back