Panasonic 4K Resolution 20 Inch Tablet Just Wow

^^ check out engadget

Please don't ban/dub me mod!

But that is a HORRIBLE mentality to have when it comes to technology progressing. It's that type of mentality that we're actually somewhat behind in the tech world. I mean we're still using hard drives & optical discs for movies and other media. We should all be using nothing but flash storage by now. In fact, we should demand higher resolutions, faster data bandwidths, etc. Even if it's completely unnecessary. The companies realize people are content with what they have and rather than going all out, they give us very minimal updates on hardware. I for one am NOT content with what I have or is out there. I want everything to be as overkill as possible.

I disagree with you. The first digital camera was invented back in the 70's and they shelfed it, citing that its progression and release would destroy the film business.

I guarantee we are perpetually in a very similar situation. So instead of constantly buying step level upgrades on existing tech, hold off and they will be forced to release the actual new tech.

Stop being pacified with 720p to, wait for it, 1080p, and maybe they will release the fucking life size HD hologram sets.

^^ check out engadget

I know, but is there anything on the level of the new 4/8K, 3D, icore, etc... I'm not an affectionate by any means, but I haven't heard of anything on that level coming out this year. I know they are ramping up things like micro SD storage, etc... But that's not really new tech.

That isn't my mentality to technology, that is my mentality to 4k from 1080.

I am half blind. I barely benefit from 1080 as it is. 4k is not going to do a lot for me.

Why would I drop 5,000+ on a product that will barely make a difference to me?

I see. Didn't mean to only mean to generalize you in specific. What I usually mean is that people are content with the current tech we have. Which sadly companies will take advantage of and release the absolute minimal updates as possible and make massive profits out of this.

Take the video game industry for example.

Sony & Microsoft are ready to release another console and the gamers reactions are this:

"No we don't need another console. I'm perfectly fine with this current console."

"It's too soon. I can stay with this current gen for another 5 years."

Companies notice this & thus screws everyone over by releasing little to nothing in significant hardware improvements.

Do we need 4k resolution support, high end gpus, solid state drives, 4g support, etc. on consoles? Not really, but why the hell not demand it if we can and force the companies to sell it at the price they would have if they had gone with the more lackluster product?

The problem is that a lot of the "advancement" doesn't do much. It's just like the continual attempts to sell higher-resolution audio products. Past 1080p, the improvements are infinitesimal. Same with megapixels for cameras, they have long been virtually meaningless in the real world. TV manufacturers would love to see people upgrade to 4k (particularly for DRM reasons on content), but you are talking about comparatively little discernible improvement.

There may be cool applications for this thing as a mounted touch screen, like at museums and restaurants and such, but it's much too big.

Other things, like solid state drives, really are giant improvements.

Back