Panasonic 4K Resolution 20 Inch Tablet Just Wow

NetGeek

Occupying Sherdog
Reaction score
DSC02527_1_610x406.jpg

In the you got to be kidding department Panasonic built a 20 inch tablet with a 4K display. That's right a 20 inch monster tablet that has a 4K display really amazing. Just as Apple was releasing retina displays now everyone is topping them. I thought that Apple was going to dominate this market but now they look like just another tablet. Tech is evolving so fast its just crazy 2013 is already setting a new bar with all this new technology coming out now. It has a ridiculous 3,840x2,560-pixel screen and Intel CPU i5 and 4 gigs of memory and 128 gig of storage. Its price is going to be sky high if and when they release this monster.

Looks beautiful.

Price might be sky-high, but it's nice preview of what will dribble down to consumers in the next five years.

DSC02527_1_610x406.jpg

In the you got to be kidding department Panasonic built a 20 inch tablet with a 4K display. That's right a 20 inch monster tablet that has a 4K display really amazing. Just as Apple was releasing retina displays now everyone is topping them. I thought that Apple was going to dominate this market but now they look like just another tablet. Tech is evolving so fast its just crazy 2013 is already setting a new bar with all this new technology coming out now. It has a ridiculous 3,840x2,560-pixel screen and Intel CPU i5 and 4 gigs of memory and 128 gig of storage. Its price is going to be sky high if and when they release this monster.

If this lasts 8 hours :wink: I'll have 2 please, although 14 inches is big enough.

If this lasts 8 hours :wink: I'll have 2 please, although 14 inches is big enough.

This is the one problem with anything running Intel CPU's battery life? Even with improvements that Intel has offered with their new Sandy Bridge CPU's they fall far short of ARM devices. They draw like 4 times the power of ARM quad core devices but they are considerably more powerful then ARM devices. The trade off is power vs performance. ARM claims their new 64 bit server chips will find their way to handheld devices over time. ARM 64 bit CPU's draw less much less then Intel chips but ARM only expects them in handhelds earliest is next year if not 2015. The new ARM 64 bit chips are considered more comparable with Intel. ARM is betting their work with AMD will allow them to compete with Intel performance wise but they kick Intel badly with power requirements.

They look pretty good. I'm not in a hurry to upgrade anytime soon though. 1080 is already pretty damn awesome.

I imagine 4k screens and TV's will not be cheap when they launch either.

They look pretty good. I'm not in a hurry to upgrade anytime soon though. 1080 is already pretty damn awesome.

No they are not the 4K TV's start at 5,000 dollars and up. They are very expensive TV's and I can imagine if this makes it to market it to will be very expensive.

You gotta be Bigfoot to really use that thing as a tablet

Please don't ban/dub me mod!

But that is a HORRIBLE mentality to have when it comes to technology progressing. It's that type of mentality that we're actually somewhat behind in the tech world. I mean we're still using hard drives & optical discs for movies and other media. We should all be using nothing but flash storage by now. In fact, we should demand higher resolutions, faster data bandwidths, etc. Even if it's completely unnecessary. The companies realize people are content with what they have and rather than going all out, they give us very minimal updates on hardware. I for one am NOT content with what I have or is out there. I want everything to be as overkill as possible.

huge tablets are unrealistic to carry on your person. I feel these will be deployed out to fulfill MS' Surface initiative from a few years back. these will replace table tops etc. imagine seeing these things in restaurants?

plus Gorilla Glass 3 is out - look up the videos online

I mean we're still using hard drives & optical discs for movies and other media. We should all be using nothing but flash storage by now.

SSD technology isn't ALWAYS the best.

ask any systems administrator & the majority if not almost all of them will tell you they prefer hard drives on their servers over SSD any day.

servers are pretty much meant to always run - SSDs would fail easier at some point as opposed to an HD on a server

After im done carrying my tv around i will get this.

Please don't ban/dub me mod!

But that is a HORRIBLE mentality to have when it comes to technology progressing. It's that type of mentality that we're actually somewhat behind in the tech world. I mean we're still using hard drives & optical discs for movies and other media. We should all be using nothing but flash storage by now. In fact, we should demand higher resolutions, faster data bandwidths, etc. Even if it's completely unnecessary. The companies realize people are content with what they have and rather than going all out, they give us very minimal updates on hardware. I for one am NOT content with what I have or is out there. I want everything to be as overkill as possible.

That isn't my mentality to technology, that is my mentality to 4k from 1080.

I am half blind. I barely benefit from 1080 as it is. 4k is not going to do a lot for me.

Why would I drop 5,000+ on a product that will barely make a difference to me?

I like shit like that too be big, but 20 inches? No thanks.

Yeah, I heard about the 4 & 8 K. Amazing. But the tech is more for larger screens, and a 20' tablet? Very niche I assume.

But regardless, what other tech is coming out this year? The only real new tech I have heard of being released this year is the 4/8K.

Back