Pan Ams-Kron Wins Brown Belt Absolute

i was out there, believe me kron made it look easy...chris smoked everyone he faced but against kron,it was somewhat of a mismatch,another second on that armbar and his arm was gone,by far the match of the day...galvao tapping big mac was a close second

i was out there, believe me kron made it look easy...chris smoked everyone he faced but against kron,it was somewhat of a mismatch,another second on that armbar and his arm was gone,by far the match of the day...galvao tapping big mac was a close second

:icon_neut --- ther's something here....

he is defintely being used as the ultimate tool of sandbagging.i'm not bashing him its just a opinuin and everybody has one. just look at otavio souza. i think he competed against kron in the last pan ams or the last worlds and he won his division in the black belt division.

Please consider this, that it is not sandbagging, but a problem of promoting others too soon.

There are distinct differences to the games played by the different belts. May I suggest the top instructors do a correct service to be patient and give their top students all the proper tools to embody the high standards of their art.

Kron has time to continue to perfect his art. He would struggle at the Black Belt level now, but on the course he is on in time he will shine there too. Why rush it? It is the correct way to build a consistant champion. Others that follow the same path will provide competition and there is where the standards are met and those individuals then raise the bar once again.

Dont aspire to get the belt, be the quality that belt requires!

Well said and point taken.

I think Rickson is also holding a mirror in front of the grappling world saying: "Look at your standards."

Plus this is the first time he competed at the ABSOLUTE. Last years Mundials was only weight.

Now probably this years Mundials at both categories and then the black somewhere down the road.

Who are we to criticize.

I think Rickson is also holding a mirror in front of the grappling world saying: "Look at your standards."

Plus this is the first time he competed at the ABSOLUTE. Last years Mundials was only weight.

Now probably this years Mundials at both categories and then the black somewhere down the road.

Who are we to criticize.

I'd like to believe this is more the case. If Kron is out there tooling other new black belts is that saying that he should be a black belt or those other guys should still be browns? I think getting your BJJ black belt should be one of the hardest things to achieve. Kron probably does have the skills to top a large percentage of current black belts. To me, though, that just says that the other guys were probably promoted early rather than Kron is being held back.

One of the things I love about jiu jitsu is the integrity of the belt levels.

I imagine Rickson has his own idea of what Kron will look like on the mat as a new black belt. I'm kind of interested in waiting to see what will finally tip the scale.

Personally, I'm hoping my professor will make me wring every drop out of blue of my belt before even THINKING about moving me up to the next level.

Some Pan Am results from On the Mat:

http://www.onthemat.com/articles/Pan_Ams_Quick_Results_03_31_2008.html

kron beat otavio souza, who won his division in black belt this year

Back