Palhares = Suarez

Palhares getting banned or suspended can seriously impact his ability to make a living. Suarez plays in multiple tournaments and leagues in a year so getting banned from one or two tourneys won't affect him.

Nah, Suarez is one of the best strikers in the world in the #1 sport in the world. Rousimar fight for a second tier organization in a competition that can not yet be considered a sport.

Suarez can buy and sell Palhares, Conor, Ronda and Dana combined.

Sorry buddy, Dana has 9% equity in the UFC:

White revealed in a recent interview with Financial Times that UFC is worth something to the tune of $3.5 billion. That's up considerably from the $2 billion Lorenzo Fertitta claimed in a New York Times interview several years ago, suggesting UFC is the most valuable sports franchise on the planet.

Therefore, Dana is worth approx. $315MM

Thus, Dana can buy and sell Suarez and most of his team mates. Btw, Pepe needs an elbow to his throat and a debilitating kick to his nuts.

pretty much.

although looks to me like suarez has anger management problems, whereas paul harris is just plain sadistic.

I dispute this. I think Palhares is just a dimwit. I'll guarantee you if he took an IQ test he'd score mid 70s. He has to be slow witted to keep holding submissions when he repeatedly gets fined and suspended for it.

Suarez has that massive overbite so when his face runs into another player it just looks like he's biting them.

Palhares thinks it's all subjective, meaning it's up to the ref to pull him off and will crank until that happens.

Well it kinda is, it's legal (and usually wise) to go until the ref stops you, although of course it doesn't mean he has to physically pull you off the submission, nor that you have to snap someone's limb without giving the ref time to stop the fight if your sub is secured enough so that they won't escape.

I agree that cranking after your opponents taps does look a bit nasty, but it's still legal.

Last edited:
Sorry buddy, Dana has 9% equity in the UFC:

White revealed in a recent interview with Financial Times that UFC is worth something to the tune of $3.5 billion. That's up considerably from the $2 billion Lorenzo Fertitta claimed in a New York Times interview several years ago, suggesting UFC is the most valuable sports franchise on the planet.

Therefore, Dana is worth approx. $315MM

Thus, Dana can buy and sell Suarez and most of his team mates. Btw, Pepe needs an elbow to his throat and a debilitating kick to his nuts.

Pepe plays for Real Madrid and Suarez plays for Barcelona so they've never been teammates dummy.

And both clubs can buy UFC just for fun, don't be silly.

I dispute this. I think Palhares is just a dimwit. I'll guarantee you if he took an IQ test he'd score mid 70s. He has to be slow witted to keep holding submissions when he repeatedly gets fined and suspended for it.

i dispute your dispute. :) read my response above. IMO just about no one on earth is too stupid to understand a simple command like "let go when the ref says so".

and before anyone chimes in with "mazzagatti was on the wrong side of him", he's done it way too many times to give him that benefit of the doubt anymore.

it's hard to understand the mind of a crazy person. i think he just can't help himself when he gets in that situation.

Palhares = Metta World Peace

ron-artest-elbow-harden.gif

metta-world-peace-punch_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif

icf6yci2rhw2x.gif

ron-artest-throws-shoe-o.gif

2aad8210fdda3bc5751500383d6103a3.320x240x26.gif

and you "really know him"?

or that's the story his apologists like to tell to try to explain away his antics. i don't buy it.

the facts are, he's been banned from two major orgs now after countless warnings from all sides, and the reports are that his training partners refuse to even roll with him.

nobody can be totally sure whether it's just that he's slow or that he's a psychopath, but no one is going to convince me that he doesn't feel these refs crawling all over him whenever he holds too long, it looks pretty damn deliberate to me.

I actually meet him personally a few times. I'm not saying that what he does is right, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't do on purpose.

Im a long time fan of Palhares and I feel bad when people criticise without really knowing him.
Everyone who actually know Palhares realize that he is not a bad dude. He is not sadic at all. He is a very simple and humble man who come from a very poor family and learned how to fight to live. He didn't receive the education other fighters had.
He is just not the smartest dude and kinda slow to react when needed.

This is BS. There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Paul Harris enjoys taking someones limb, and cranking it beyond its limits while his opponent is tapping and trying to give up. There is absolutely no doubt that he wants to cause his opponents serious pain, and permanent career changing injuries, and actually enjoys doing this. Did you see how much extra crank he put on that kimura against shields from the time Shields started tapping Paul Harris cranked his arm back WAY more and even didn't stop when the ref jumped on them to stop them. This is a repeat offender with no respect whatsoever for his opponents, or anyone other than himself. He shows no attemts to change or get better.

Do you know him personally? How do you know he is such a nice guy? You mention that he had a very tough upbringing, that does not excuse or explain his actions whatsoever. Just because someone seems nice on the outside doesn't mean that they're a good person. Serial killers often come off as very "nice" people in their day to day lives as well, till people find out they were fucking killing people.

Palhares is crazy, while Suarez has a bad temper, which can be both controlled and provoked.

I agree that a union or a similar outer body should decide these things for many reasons, a few being smaller orgs copying the UFC at the expense of fighters and the fighter not knowing exactly which action amounts to which sanction, meaning bias can decide these things. I'm not pro-union though, as they're terrible for fans because of dragged out negotiations, so a specific regulatory body like a competent commission should set more clear rules.

All fouls should be ruled similarly. Doesn't matter if it's accidental or on purpose, as that's, like you said, an immeasurable call, and the result of a foul is still the same. The guy taking a knee to the balls will be at a disadvantage whether or not Kongo meant it.

i dispute your dispute. :) read my response above. IMO just about no one on earth is too stupid to understand a simple command like "let go when the ref says so".

and before anyone chimes in with "mazzagatti was on the wrong side of him", he's done it way too many times to give him that benefit of the doubt anymore.

it's hard to understand the mind of a crazy person. i think he just can't help himself when he gets in that situation.

The mentally slow react slow too. If he's fully focused on securing a sub, it takes a little longer for his brain to process any other stimuli such as a ref yelling at him or the opponent tapping.

Go read "Of Mice and Men" and you'll get a better idea. If you already have, do you think Lenny wanted to hurt those mice or that chick?

Suarez bites people on the shoulder in the heat of the moment, is and has gone to therapy, apologized and acknowledged his actions, talked to his "Victims" and apologized. Chielleini vouched that Suarez was a good guy and shook his hand when Barca beat Juventus for the CL title this past year (ayyyy!).

His teammates all say that he's a great guy, just loses his mind when the game is on the line. He's gotten better and therapy has seemed to help. He's said he's got problems.

Palhares has excuses and deflections and his own teams have dropped him. Oh, and there's a huge difference between a bite on the shoulder and ripping someone's knee apart.

Not exactly the same thing...Suarez bites people worst case scenario what an infection?? Unless he has some sort of disease or something. Paul harris can end a career with a heel hook...I'll take a bite from Suarez(no homo lol) then a Paul harris heel hook anyday

The mentally slow react slow too. If he's fully focused on securing a sub, it takes a little longer for his brain to process any other stimuli such as a ref yelling at him or the opponent tapping.

Go read "Of Mice and Men" and you'll get a better idea. If you already have, do you think Lenny wanted to hurt those mice or that chick?

but they don't crank harder after the ref starts tapping, and then let go like they're making a statement afterwards. watch the replay of the shields fight again, might change your mind.

they also don't make a point of gouging eyes repeatedly over an entire round. he's not just slow, he's malicious.

but they don't crank harder after the ref starts tapping, and then let go like they're making a statement afterwards. watch the replay of the shields fight again, might change your mind.

they also don't make a point of gouging eyes repeatedly over an entire round. he's not just slow, he's malicious.

You never know, the tapping from the ref might excite him so its another stimulus he has to process before letting go. The gouging is suspect, it looks like he is trying to pry Jake the Blanket off of him any way he can.

In the end, if he can't control himself because he is too dimwitted then he is too dangerous to be allowed to fight. I just want him evaluated fairly because mental illness and retardation are not addressed or judged properly in our society.

I've never watched/read a palhares interview, is that really a fair comparison? Lennie wasn't just a little slow, he was straight retarded son. I find it hard to believe someone like that would be allowed to compete in mma.

Gay midgets lining up at Zuffa HQ to join the rule enforcement team.

Back