***Palhares-Shields Breakdown: Was it too Long? Unbiased Video.***

Yeah because that could have been anyone in there slapping him on the back yelling for him to stop. The octagon is so crowded during fights.

Cleary Jake sheilds has 3 arms oh that side and he was waiting for the rest to stop it.

Problem is, Jake was already tapping for a second before that. Dude just keeps cranking, even while ref is pleading with him to stop.

Make a video for when the average fighter lets go after the ref stops the fight for a better comparison.

This. start the timer as soon as shields starts frantically and obviously tapping.

some of the times people have complained about Palhares holding a sub on too long, I have not agreeded with. I thought he was fine.

This one I thought was too long. As mentioned, he kept cranking it after the ref was on him. This one was bad.

When watching it live and then rewinding the DVR, I counted 5 taps by the ref before Palhares stopped cranking.

That is way too long. Not to mention he has done this repeatedly. I see no other fighter constantly having trouble with this. Not to mention the constant eye pokes in the fight (although Shields had mount once when he was crying and if he didn't like it he should have smashed Palhares).

Palhares should be banned for a year IMO and one more strike ban him permanently.

It's not just that it's too long, it's that he keeps cranking the subs.

If he'd turned the kimura to the point where Shields was tapping, and held it there, I'd be fine with it. But he doesn't stop, he keeps going. Well after Shields has tapped, he keeps cranking. As the referee gets on him, he keeps cranking.

This has happened too many times. He's had plenty of opportunity to learn from his mistakes.

The guy's dangerous and a liability, IMO.

this right here

What should have happened was as soon as Dickbag felt the MULTIPLE TAPS on his ass, he should have slowed down on the hold or even just "hovered" at the angle he was currently at...not fucking go same pace towards breaking Shields arm...there is no point in that.

He had Shields tapping, and Shields wasn't escaping.

The ref was slow to the draw and should have known better.

He has a HISTORY of doing this and in good conscious, should have displayed that he's "matured" by slowing down on the hold.

Dickbag needs to be removed from the sport, I think muscle for the mob might be more his caliber...of course that would land him jail time which I find is totally fitting.

Sefo told him specifically to let go when the ref gets to him. Not to mention he once f'd up in the UFC because he stopped beating up a guy he thought was out before the ref stepped in, the guy got up, and the ref made them continue. He prob doesn't want that to happen ever again I guess.

Back