***Palhares-Shields Breakdown: Was it too Long? Unbiased Video.***

that gif ends the moment herb touches him..

you can see he kept squeezing for a bit, the thing is he did not let go when neil tap, and that is what is making toquinho look so bad...

GOod vid.

LeavePalharesAloneBritneyStyle.gif

you can see he kept squeezing for a bit, the thing is he did not let go when neil tap, and that is what is making toquinho look so bad...

You are confusing holding into the same position(in this case,holding the arm around the neck) and cranking/squeezing even after the ref stepped in. Maia still has his arm around Magny's neck but he stopped squeezing. Magny didn't complain at all. And I don't think the fact that holding a RNC 1 sec more and a kimura 1 sec more is a totally different thing should be ignored...

Any gifs or videos of the eye gouging?

You are confusing holding into the same position(in this case,holding the arm around the neck) and cranking/squeezing even after the ref stepped in. Maia still has his arm around Magny's neck but he stopped squeezing. Magny didn't complain at all. And I don't think the fact that holding a RNC 1 sec more and a kimura 1 sec more is a totally different thing should be ignored...

its actually not very clear on the gif, but maias face didnt seem to change even when the ref touched him, so I dont know where are you getting this he stopped squeezing, if you are commited to a gable grip RNC YOU DO NOT STOP SQUEEZING, because is not a full on locked rnc, so I dont he wouldve stopped and just hold the position, besides, theres no reason why to do it, because you aint hurting anyone.

Again, I know both subs arent the same and one could potentially hurt the other fighter, but my point is reaction time, maia is far from a dirty fighter, im sure he would release any lock once he feels the ref, his reaction time wasnt that far off from toquinhos thats my point. I think toquinho has mental issues, and you can also see toquinho stop the crank once he feels the Ref, its clear, also, if he wanted to hurt jake, I think he has more than enough power to take break jakes shoulder, he didnt.

someone should post mirs kimura vs minotauro, kind of the same, and shockinly, mir doesnt let go when mino taps either.

Is maia a dirty fighter too????

I think toquinho definitely has a problem with reaction time, hes so committed to the lock that he just doesnt feel it right away, but neither did maia (I know RNC are not going to hurt anyone, but the point is the same, reaction time)

Maia has done it once in UFC :rolleyes:

someone should post mirs kimura vs minotauro, kind of the same, and shockinly, mir doesnt let go when mino taps either.

But he immediately let the arm when the ref stepped in.

And for Maia,looking at his face really isn't a way to know how strong is he squeezing lol. I repeat, I can put my arms around your neck but until I really don't get strong and have the will to squeeze you'll breathe just fine.

youre not supposed to let go when you opponent taps. youre supposed to let go when the ref stops you. the maia gif cuts out the moment the ref touches himso it's pretty irrelevant. and also, like you said it is a choke. Not saying it's okay to hold a choke when a ref tells you to stop, but even when im just training and not going 100%, im paying much closer attention to my opponent looking for a tap when im finishing anything other than a choke.

But he immediately let the arm when the ref stepped in.

not really.

And for Maia,looking at his face really isn't a way to know how strong is he squeezing lol. I repeat, I can put my arms around your neck but until I really don't get strong and have the will to squeeze you'll breathe just fine.

Of course it is, do you think maia is performing an acting class in there??? by the way, no matter how strong your squeeze is, the person will keep on breathing.

not really.

Ehm...yes,really. Never heard anyone complaining about Mir. And Nogueira and his fan are both known for making excuses.

Of course it is, do you think maia is performing an acting class in there??? by the way, no matter how strong your squeeze is, the person will keep on breathing.

Of course it is not,otherwise Fedor would be and feel the same in all fights and every situation he has been in of them :)

Keep breathing is not breathing fine. If there is a point where the fighter taps means he could hang on until then. Maia clearly slows down the hold when the ref steps in.

Paul is a genius.

Have everyone debating this and not bringing up the repeated eye gouging.

Ehm...yes,really. Never heard anyone complaining about Mir. And Nogueira and his fan are both known for making excuses.

Of course it is not,otherwise Fedor would be and feel the same in all fights and every situation he has been in of them :)

Keep breathing is not breathing fine. If there is a point where the fighter taps means he could hang on until then. Maia clearly slows down the hold when the ref steps in.

you may want to watch the gif, he does not let go, no one said anything, but if you look at it, youll see, besdes there was no need for mir to keep applying pressure, nogs arm wasnt going anywhere, did anyone say anything but complimets to mir for breaking nogs arm? may be toquinho shouldve just ripped jakes arm, wouldve that been better?

Its been proven from several of his fights he lets go within a second.... This is so overblown. Folks get upset because hes twisting limbs but no one says shit when guys lay a few extra punches once someones lights are out.

by the way, no matter how strong your squeeze is, the person will keep on breathing.

not if you have a shallow choke and are attacking the trach. actually even on good rncs where its 90% bloodchoke, i usually stop breathing by the time i have to tap.

you may want to watch the gif, he does not let go, no one said anything, but if you look at it, youll see, besdes there was no need for mir to keep applying pressure, nogs arm wasnt going anywhere, did anyone say anything but complimets to mir for breaking nogs arm? may be toquinho shouldve just ripped jakes arm, wouldve that been better?

here's a gif of the nog mir fight

mirnog.gif

i have no problem with the timing of that release. he releases pressure and allows the arm to fold back in the proper direction before completely releasing, which is what i do when i have kimuras/americanas/omoplatas as well, especially omoplatas. i would say herb there probably tapped him about 3 times before he started to release, and herb reacts pretty quickly after nog begins to tap.

on the otherhand, shields started tapping a bit longer before maz got there and maz had to tap palhares 5x before he started to release.

let's be honest, palhares is a sort of half-tarded man child. i don't think he knows what he's doing. it's like Lenny from "Of Mice and Men" only he is a cage fighter and not just a big dumb slow guy keeping a small mammal and accidentally killing it.

do you have a way of measuring the depth of an eye gouge?

do you have a way of measuring the depth of an eye gouge?

i'm still waiting for pics, gifs, or video of the eye gouging. I missed the fight so if anyone can provide that would be great.

not if you have a shallow choke and are attacking the trach. actually even on good rncs where its 90% bloodchoke, i usually stop breathing by the time i have to tap.

here's a gif of the nog mir fight

mirnog.gif

i have no problem with the timing of that release. he releases pressure and allows the arm to fold back in the proper direction before completely releasing, which is what i do when i have kimuras/americanas/omoplatas as well, especially omoplatas. i would say herb there probably tapped him about 3 times before he started to release, and herb reacts pretty quickly after nog begins to tap.

on the otherhand, shields started tapping a bit longer before maz got there and maz had to tap palhares 5x before he started to release.

Mir held it for one second after the ref came in,just like Palhares did.It would be pretty crazy to have a faster reatcion time than 1 second knowing you're putting everything you have in the sub.

The only issue i have with Palhares is that he should already be "releasing" after feeling many taps.He's a bjj guy,he knows when he has to stop.

Back