***Palhares-Shields Breakdown: Was it too Long? Unbiased Video.***

So from now on, when a fighter rocks/KOs another fighter, their follow-up punches should only be jabs, otherwise they could hurt the other fighter.

That's how stupid your arguments all sound. It's a FIGHT for fucks sake.

Hmmm,that's not the right comparison. The right comparison would be fighters who keep punching a guy even after the ref stepped in,every single fight.

It's a FIGHT,for fuck's sake....so let's just ignore rules and referees! No more mouthpieces,no more referees,no more gloves,no more rounds,no time limit! Who dies loses!

It's not just that it's too long, it's that he keeps cranking the subs.

If he'd turned the kimura to the point where Shields was tapping, and held it there, I'd be fine with it. But he doesn't stop, he keeps going. Well after Shields has tapped, he keeps cranking. As the referee gets on him, he keeps cranking.

This has happened too many times. He's had plenty of opportunity to learn from his mistakes.

The guy's dangerous and a liability, IMO.
This

No that's fucked up of him. He should at least slow down or ease up while stilling holding the kimura. Not keep trying to crank it behind his back. If i was shields I would be pissed too

I don't think he held on too long against Shields or Pierce, but he has built this reputation and has to live with it.

Palhares also likes Shields eyes too.

If youre fighting an opponent with a shred of decency and sportmanship there is no need to wait for the ref and risk injuring you opponent. Like, I dunno, Benson/Pettis and most fighters. Why wait, once the opponent taps, its over. They do it every day in sparring. But you have those who make trouble, who cheat and therefore rules need to exist.

Hmmm,that's not the right comparison. The right comparison would be fighters who keep punching a guy even after the ref stepped in,every single fight.

It's a FIGHT,for fuck's sake....so let's just ignore rules and referees! No more mouthpieces,no more referees,no more gloves,no more rounds,no time limit! Who dies loses!

You're basically describing 90% of TKO's.There will always be 1-2 late punches coming in.Just depends on how fast the ref tries to stop it.

Ronda saw Bethe falling uncoscious on the floor and went after her and the ref immediately picked her up to not let it happen.Nobody would've been mad at her if she managed to hit Bethe with 1-2 punches on the floor.

Problem is, one second is a long time of extra crank on a sub

Shields tapping and the red taking two seconds to get there makes it all look very worse

You're basically describing 90% of TKO's.There will always be 1-2 late punches coming in.Just depends on how fast the ref tries to stop it.

Again,that's not the right comparison. Throwing an extra punch is acceptable and the ref cannot always stop in time especially if the guy is fast at throwing punches and the ref touches him when the punch was already thrown. Palhares CRANKS the sub after the ref is beating and banging his back and his opponent tapped. The right comparison with strikes would be a fighter knocking out cold a fighter,the ref steps in, the fighter shoves the ref and gives a punch again to a sleeping opponent. And this from a purely "sport" view,not saying things like cranking a sub for 1 second more can break a limb and tore ligaments and need several month to rehab. While I don't think an extra punch would deal a comparable damage.

Nobody would've been mad at her if she managed to hit Bethe with 1-2 punches on the floor.

I would definitely be mad if she walked off the referee,clearly saying the fight is over and getting her away from Bethe and jumped on her to punch her again.

Unbiased video from TS with palhares avvy.....and you should really add a disclaimer to your videos description before posting copyrighted content.....

It's borderline acceptable.

Palhares couldn't see the ref so he has no visual clue that the fight is being stopped. There is a delay between you being tocuhed, your brain recognising it and you being able to stop cranking the sub.

This amounting to about a second isn't unreasonable.

Additionally, he turns to visually confirm that the ref is stopping the fight. This is not intentionally cranking it after he is aware of the fighting having been stopped, but holding it until he is certain the fight is stopped.

I have no objections.

Additionally, he turns to visually confirm that the ref is stopping the fight. This is not intentionally cranking it after he is aware of the fighting having been stopped, but holding it until he is certain the fight is stopped.

I have no objections.

Yeah because that could have been anyone in there slapping him on the back yelling for him to stop. The octagon is so crowded during fights.

seeing as how 1.03 is 5x the reaction time of a typical human, yes it was too long. an extra second when your limbs are at stake is an eternity.

So from now on, when a fighter rocks/KOs another fighter, their follow-up punches should only be jabs, otherwise they could hurt the other fighter.

That's how stupid your arguments all sound. It's a FIGHT for fucks sake.

I think violence is a little too much for some of these delicate flower posters to handle.

It's not just that it's too long, it's that he keeps cranking the subs.

If he'd turned the kimura to the point where Shields was tapping, and held it there, I'd be fine with it. But he doesn't stop, he keeps going. Well after Shields has tapped, he keeps cranking. As the referee gets on him, he keeps cranking.

This has happened too many times. He's had plenty of opportunity to learn from his mistakes.

The guy's dangerous and a liability, IMO.

I think you're right. It's not holding the subs too long, it's his trying to keep going passed the point of something breaking. He's a dirty fighter, no doubt.

On the other hand, Shields did himself no favors by making empty threats pre-fight about how he was going to try and break something of Palhares'. It's like, Don't you think he's gonna notice those quotes, Jake?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/2...o-try-to-break-one-of-rousimar-palhares-bones

LargeRegularBlesbok.gif
[/SPOILER]

[YT]PJWG6xtxbmo[/YT]

Is maia a dirty fighter too????

I think toquinho definitely has a problem with reaction time, hes so committed to the lock that he just doesnt feel it right away, but neither did maia (I know RNC are not going to hurt anyone, but the point is the same, reaction time)

that gif ends the moment herb touches him..

Back