***Palhares-Shields Breakdown: Was it too Long? Unbiased Video.***

The Reed

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
[YT]PJWG6xtxbmo[/YT]

Last edited:
[YT]PJWG6xtxbmo[/YT]

Great video! I actually felt it was longer watching it at the time. I don't think he did much wrong actually watching it like that. We are taught to wait for the ref...he did and pretty much let go then. Mazza didn't really cover himself in glory. What was the story with the guy trying to get into the cage afterwards too....

@ REED are you also a moderator @ boxingscene???

The refs should be quicker imo.I didn't think it was too long this time,but because of his reputation people will sh** on him anyway.

It'd be great to have other kimura subs to compare the release times.I'm pretty sure the average is around 1 second.

But i think the whole issue is that Palhares doesn't release after the tap and just waits till the ref stops him.Those are the rules,but he really could make an effort and release earlier as soon as he feels the tap.

It's not just that it's too long, it's that he keeps cranking the subs.

If he'd turned the kimura to the point where Shields was tapping, and held it there, I'd be fine with it. But he doesn't stop, he keeps going. Well after Shields has tapped, he keeps cranking. As the referee gets on him, he keeps cranking.

This has happened too many times. He's had plenty of opportunity to learn from his mistakes.

The guy's dangerous and a liability, IMO.

Lol I remember people saying this even after Pierce,with the seconds too. He left after 1 second even after Pierce.Those countdowns are basically builded to exonerate Palhares. The guy taps and he still cranks the sub(not classy but still legal),the ref steps in,he STILL cranks the sub,the ref beats him on his back and Palhares clamly and quietly lets the sub...lol. 1 second.

Shields: "I am gonna break Paul Harris's limbs when we fight"

Paul Harris: "LOL, look at this"

Shields : "OMG Jenny he almost broke my limb"

What?

It's not just that it's too long, it's that he keeps cranking the subs.

If he'd turned the kimura to the point where Shields was tapping, and held it there, I'd be fine with it. But he doesn't stop, he keeps going. Well after Shields has tapped, he keeps cranking. As the referee gets on him, he keeps cranking.

This has happened too many times. He's had plenty of opportunity to learn from his mistakes.

The guy's dangerous and a liability, IMO.

This

people hating on him seem to ignore the rules, fighters taping don't stop fights referees do. if you go watch every supposed late release from palhares they are all gonna avg 1s after the ref steps in. this isn't grappling competition the rules different.

What should have happened was as soon as Dickbag felt the MULTIPLE TAPS on his ass, he should have slowed down on the hold or even just "hovered" at the angle he was currently at...not fucking go same pace towards breaking Shields arm...there is no point in that.

He had Shields tapping, and Shields wasn't escaping.

The ref was slow to the draw and should have known better.

He has a HISTORY of doing this and in good conscious, should have displayed that he's "matured" by slowing down on the hold.

Dickbag needs to be removed from the sport, I think muscle for the mob might be more his caliber...of course that would land him jail time which I find is totally fitting.

well shields still manage to punch him with his broken arm. I think it was stop prematurely

Problem is, Jake was already tapping for a second before that. Dude just keeps cranking, even while ref is pleading with him to stop.

Make a video for when the average fighter lets go after the ref stops the fight for a better comparison.

I feel it's blown out a bit due to Paul Harris's past (and rightly so), however he did let go fairly quickly when Maz FINALLY stepped in. I feel Maz needs to take some blame, i don't think he understands submissions very well (Brock/Mir-1). All this being said Harris's sub was a thing of beauty, and on a TOP level grappler. I honestly think Harris is just very mentally slow, his RAS system doesn't quite work up to speed. Remember kids, they sign up to fight him knowing the risks. If no one agrees to fight him then he's done.

So from now on, when a fighter rocks/KOs another fighter, their follow-up punches should only be jabs, otherwise they could hurt the other fighter.

That's how stupid your arguments all sound. It's a FIGHT for fucks sake.

So from now on, when a fighter rocks/KOs another fighter, their follow-up punches should only be jabs, otherwise they could hurt the other fighter.

That's how stupid your arguments all sound. It's a FIGHT for fucks sake.

100% agree.

Wasnt too long

But the Palhares-haters are gonna hate

Meanwhile he tapped Fitch and Shields, both talked a lot of shit before the fight, too bad guys

It looked like he only stopped because he couldn't crank it any farther. He's really should be locked up.

Back