Palhares Punishment To Be Announced Tuesday

He got fired from the UFc because Dana was on ESPN and the idiot interviewing him made a big deal about Pauls fights. Guaranteed if he hadnt Paul would still be fighting there.

During the post conference they were already stating that Dana reacted in a big way and they were seeking punishment.

It's not Palhares' fault that the ref was late, but considering how long Jake was tapping before the intervention, he should have been preparing to break the hold the second the ref was there, like every other fighter does.

Here is Mir snapping Nog's arm because he doesn't tap (fair enough) ...but still needing 4-5 taps from Dean before he actually lets go.

Mir.gif

From an armchair perspective, this is inexcusable. Why doesn't Mir let go of the arm immediately after feeling the distinctive pop? Why doesn't he let go instantly when he sees Dean diving in? Surely he was 'preparing to break the hold'...

Here is Mir snapping Nog's arm because he doesn't tap (fair enough) ...but still needing 4-5 taps from Dean before he actually lets go.

How about you look at the actual footage instead of a gif, you'll see a clear difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzByKBbun7w

He did not maintain the hold with pressure after Dean intervened. You can clearly see Mir remove all pressure and lay his arm down on the ground. After you've just snapped an arm, sudden jerks of the bone can cause significant internal damage, so instead of just dropping his arm, he removed all pressure and laid his arm down in the position it was currently in.

Apples meet Oranges.

Anything less than terminating his contract is unacceptable.

Anyone who signs him after that should be shunned, and criticized. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the AC bans him for a significant period of time.

Mir.gif

From an armchair perspective, this is inexcusable. Why doesn't Mir let go of the arm immediately after feeling the distinctive pop? Why doesn't he let go instantly when he sees Dean diving in? Surely he was 'preparing to break the hold'...

I really do question if you're mentally retarded.

It's not some conspiracy theory dude. People looking at that sub feel that it was uneccessary in how far he pushes it. There's a difference in how every other fight handles a sub locked in once they feel the tap. Most just hold that angle or may slightly push past it to insure that the fighter doesn't try to escape and continues to tap.

That's not what palhares did. He cranked that arm in a smooth motion from start to finish with no apparent concern for their tap

That's exactly what Palhares did. If he had wanted to tear Jake's shoulder, he had plenty of time and all the leverage he could ask for to rip that thing off and take it home with him.

I'm more convinced than ever that the eye gouge bullshit was just a little accidental contact from pushing away Jake's head while Jake was moving it around, too.

People moaning about the eyes being swollen are lolworthy. They swole from the shots Jake was taking; getting poked in the eyeball wouldn't cause the tissue around the eyes to swell. :rolleyes:

Surprised so many people think palhares has done little wrong.

Anyone whose been following his career has no excuse for not knowing that he's clearly a dirty fighter. There's a decent chance he will be banned from mma. I wouldn't be surprised tbh.

Probably stripped of his title. And Suspension.

Yeah, this is what I expect as well. The fact that this isn't Palhares' "first rodeo" only makes his actions that much more deplorable. The guy shouldn't even be fighting in a major organization after the shit he's pulled IMO.

I don't understand what he is on trial for. Yeah he raked the eye once or twice, but the ref warned him, but decided not to take a point away, and it had no bearing on the ending of the fight. As far as the submission, give me a break. Palhares released when the ref jumped in. If anything, Shields should be suspended for the sucker punch after the fight.

Wtf once or twice? Did you even see the fight and did you see Shield's eyes?? And he def held it a second longer after Mazz grabbed him.

At the minimum stripped and suspended, but he should be cut and banned from mma. This guy has complete lack of understanding of right and wrong

At the minimum stripped and suspended, but he should be cut and banned from mma. This guy has complete lack of understanding of right and wrong

You're fucken retarded, he let go within 1 second of the ref tapping him.

That's not "intentional" holding.

Your'e just butthurt cuz your BJJ superhero Jake hot his ass submitted and humiliated.

Paul Harris is the true champ and letting that loser Jake compete for another belt is just like giving DC a fake belt and calling it the real one.

Fuck y'all whiny bitches who don't know shit about submissions.

It was a clean win. It was a legit win. Jake lost. Go cry in mommy's basement you butthurt Jake lover.

You're fucken retarded, he let go within 1 second of the ref tapping him.

That's not "intentional" holding.

Your'e just butthurt cuz your BJJ superhero Jake hot his ass submitted and humiliated.

Paul Harris is the true champ and letting that loser Jake compete for another belt is just like giving DC a fake belt and calling it the real one.

Fuck y'all whiny bitches who don't know shit about submissions.

It was a clean win. It was a legit win. Jake lost. Go cry in mommy's basement you butthurt Jake lover.
The sub was legit. The eye rakes nope not even close to being clean. Cripe he pushes jake away with his thumbs lodged in jakes eye sockets

Nice sweep and sub, but Harris really is a piece of shit in the cage. I wonder what his excuse will be this time?

It's not polite to call another human being a piece of shit.

Paul Harris let go within 1 second. It was a clean win.

Now go start your shift at Mickey D's and make me a hamburger, you piece of shit.

Hard to feel bad for Shields here, his entire fighting style basically exploits the rules to judging an mma fight

I'd almost be willing to bet that the people in this thread throwing their support behind Palhares don't roll.

If they do and they have that mindset then fuck them.

I'd almost be willing to bet that the people in this thread throwing their support behind Palhares don't roll.

There is a difference between rolling and a mma fight though

Gidday matey.

How would you know? No such thing as a decent grappler from down under.

You guys haven't won a single prestigious title in any combat sport. Prolly cuz you're too busy throwing shrimps on the barbie.

Pretty sure there were some stories back when Palhares was getting kicked out of the UFC about how he tended to injure his rolling partners doing similar shit.

Gidday matey.

How would you know? No such thing as a decent grappler from down under.

You guys haven't won a single prestigious title in any combat sport. Prolly cuz you're too busy throwing shrimps on the barbie.

:icon_chee

Back