Palhares Punishment To Be Announced Tuesday

It's ridiculous to suggest he held the submission criminally too long. The ref tapped Palhares, and Palhares probably thought at first that it was Jake tapping his back. He let go in 1 second once the ref jumped in. It is also stupid to punish him for eye raking or gouging, that is the refs job. WSOF is done without Palhares. That is their best division and Palhares is their best fighter. No point in watching without him.

Even though Mazzagatti was tapping him in a different place, why the hell was he just lightly tapping him on the back? I thought he's supposed to really hammer it home that the fight is over, not tap a guy who's looking the other way in a submission on his back.

This sport is just getting pathetic nowadays. The only way this move wouldn't be pathetic is if they also punish Shields for his actions.

I don't understand what he is on trial for. Yeah he raked the eye once or twice, but the ref warned him, but decided not to take a point away, and it had no bearing on the ending of the fight. As far as the submission, give me a break. Palhares released when the ref jumped in. If anything, Shields should be suspended for the sucker punch after the fight.

Stop watching fights.

Wsof in an awkward position. Palhares is their one and only draw, but they have to preserve some sort of image.

Strip, one year suspension, comes back to an immediate title shot. Only puts them 4-6 months behind what they would have done anyway, and possibly better ratings

I know I still want to watch the guy. Some of the best grappling in all mma, not just nonUFC. Him vs Maia is a dream fight. Shame about.... Whatever the fuck is wrong with him.

Again Paul Harris getting crucified because of a slow-ass ref. It's fucking Palhares, you should be ready to intervene when he gets a hold of a limb.

He's releasing as soon as the ref touches him (which he should) + a normal to slightly higher than average reaction time.

And even if he did "hold too long", it's cancelled by Shields' cheap shot after the bell.

uh oh for palhares for sure...has anyone ever done a mental evaluation on him? people keep bringing up that he might have mental issues but i want to know for sure

Wild thing, you have some mental issues...but I want to know for sure...

Make like 7 or 8 times.

Well Jake poked GSP numerous times and said he didn't do it lol

Also,Jones does it about 20 times in every fight and nobody gives a crap.Don't know why everyone is so mad about Palhares.

fuck wsof, One FC is probably going to take him, it would be awesome to watch him fight Ben in there, there no one else to fight in wsof anyways...

6 month suspension + fine his win money. Thankfully it doesn't look like Shields suffered any serious damage to his eyes and his rule violations don't directly connect to his victory, so I think that's appropriate punishment.

The gif is sped up or missing frames. Stop fucking acting like some shit quality gif is the be all and end all of what REALLY HAPPENED.

I have the fight on DVR and it is a thousand times worse in that form. Do you think Bas is stupid when he thinks the sub was held too long? Do you think Bas was unprofessional saying that refs should have gloves so they could punch fighters so they would release subs?

Who else incites such insanity?

Nailed it. The gif makes it look a lot quicker than it actually was. Anybody thats seen a replay of this or watched it live and still thinks RP didn't intentionally delay release of the kimura is fucking stupid!
The guys got serious ground skills but he's a liability for any organisation.

Well Jake poked GSP numerous times and said he didn't do it lol

Also,Jones does it about 20 times in every fight and nobody gives a crap.Don't know why everyone is so mad about Palhares.

Because when it is during striking, you can pretend that it was accidental, and (some) people will believe you.

Palhares looked like he was digging for brain tissue on a few of the gouges. He re-positions his hand, chambers the thumb in the socket, and SHOVES.

He didn't like what he was getting from Shields on the bottom and decided to do something clearly illegal about it.

Edit: To clarify, what he was getting on the bottom was humped, but still.

kuny1gS.gif

Palhares held too long, Shields was tapping his ass and Maz was massaging his back. I don't like Shields but Palhares should have been DQ for the eye treatment in the first rd. Wsof should send him packing, no fighter would want to face him for the title.

I don't understand what he is on trial for. Yeah he raked the eye once or twice, but the ref warned him, but decided not to take a point away, and it had no bearing on the ending of the fight. As far as the submission, give me a break. Palhares released when the ref jumped in. If anything, Shields should be suspended for the sucker punch after the fight.

maybe you need glasses
http://imgur.com/a/eVylI

e2a62fdc8c27f0cc63f3dcda0982fec1370676f78f29ac53b29926d3d4b6ed92_medium

rDaQVs3.jpg

just look what he did to fitch's leg man whats that 7 taps after the ref tries to stop?? come on...

[YT]2LSpGdVNoGI[/YT]

Looked again, and I'm not buying those "gouges". The "gouge" Maz stops for a time-out on looks (pretty clearly) to be Palhares just pushing up Shields's head, which Jake is using to grind on Rousimar's nose and eyebrows -- probably in hopes of tearing some scar tissue (Randy opened cuts on guys with his head all the time).

Jake was just bitching because he was taking more damage from top position than Rousimar.

EDIT: Would eye pokes in general be less likely with Kenpo/Kempo-style gloves, of the type Bruce Lee wore in Enter the Dragon? Or would they disadvantage grapplers?

bruce-lee-ufc-gloves__99847.1403523830.1280.1280.gif

96E.jpg

imm_kempogloves.jpg

They use a much less chunky, modern design in Kali/Escrima:

31-xK-yRtvL.jpg

Last edited:
Looked again, and I'm not buying those "gouges". The "gouge" Maz stops for a time-out on looks (pretty clearly) to be Palhares just pushing up Shields's head, which Jake is using to grind on Rousimar's nose and eyebrows -- probably in hopes of tearing some scar tissue (Randy opened cuts on guys with his head all the time).

Jake was just bitching because he was taking more damage from top position than Rousimar.

image.png

Just cut him and have shields as your boring champ.

Back