Palhares p4p GOAT of dirty fighters?

Is that from having his eyes raked or is that from those elbows he was eating from the bottom?

Mike Kyle is up there too.

I appreciate the fact that Mazzagatti seems to be banned from reffing UFC fights, but I don't want to see him reffing at all. Get him the fuck out of combat sports.

Is that from having his eyes raked or is that from those elbows he was eating from the bottom?

Good question. I think all the elbows went to the forehead or sides of the head though. It's probably a bit of both to be honest.

Palhares didn't hold the submission for too long.

He fucked up Shields eyes with strikes.

Great win in a very entertaining fight.

Not a fan of Jake, but Rousimar is dirty as fuck.

I enjoyed watching him get his shit pushed in by Hector.

I don't how how this guy get's licensed to fight. Literally every time he fights there is some type of controversy. He holds his submissions way after the tap every time, he's been popped for steroids, and now apparently he's eye gouging.

My thoughts on this debacle:

1. The sub was NOT held to long..... a thread in proper (read non UFC) forums covers this, Palhares lets go barely 1second after the ref steps in. It's the ref's job to stop the fight, blame the ref for shields getting 5 taps off. People just get really uppity on Palhares because of his history.... and this isn't the first time people have falsely accused him of holding a sub too long in his passed few fights.. (even if he has held other fight ending subs to long)....

2. The eye pokes, I'll reserve judgement on Palhares until I see video evidence of fingers in eyes... If he's guilty, then by all means punish/suspend/strip him.... People are getting away with too much of that crap anyhow..... Jones was one of the worst offenders, while he was active.... As far as Shields complaining about it? Well, I seem to recall Shields getting away with eye gouging the hell out of GSP.... Karma is a bitch, and I have little to no sympathy for him.

Thus far, there have been -ZERO- gifs provided of Palhares' fingers in the eyes.

3. The punch after the fight, Shields should immediately be suspended for at least 1 year. This was the single most egregious foul committed last night.

4. The brawl in the crowd. Every fighter involved should be immediately suspended for at least 1 year by the athletic commission in charge (which is then usually held up by all the other commissions).... Since the Diaz brothers have now done this shit TWICE, double it for them. It's a professional sport, not a backyard smoker.

lmao

Hendo isn't any better, he's far more dangerous but gets a pass

He's got competition. Gerard Gordeau, Yvel, Dirty Bob, I think Mike Kyle. Gordeau is the only person to have permanently blinded somebody in a fight.

I remember hearing Gordeau was dirty, but who did he permanently blind?

1. The sub was NOT held to long..... a thread in proper (read non UFC) forums covers this, Palhares lets go barely 1second after the ref steps in. It's the ref's job to stop the fight, blame the ref for shields getting 5 taps off. People just get really uppity on Palhares because of his history.... and this isn't the first time people have falsely accused him of holding a sub too long in his passed few fights.. (even if he has held other fight ending subs to long)....

2. The eye pokes, I'll reserve judgement on Palhares until I see video evidence of fingers in eyes... If he's guilty, then by all means punish/suspend/strip him.... People are getting away with too much of that crap anyhow..... Jones was one of the worst offenders, while he was active.... As far as Shields complaining about it? Well, I seem to recall Shields getting away with eye gouging the hell out of GSP.... Karma is a bitch, and I have little to no sympathy for him.

Thus far, there have been -ZERO- gifs provided of Palhares' fingers in the eyes.

3. The punch after the fight, Shields should immediately be suspended for at least 1 year. This was the single most egregious foul committed last night.

4. The brawl in the crowd. Every fighter involved should be immediately suspended for at least 1 year by the athletic commission in charge (which is then usually held up by all the other commissions).... Since the Diaz brothers have now done this shit TWICE, double it for them. It's a professional sport, not a backyard smoker.

finally some sense here......agreed on all!!!!

^^^^

You've got to be kidding me. Shields was tapping immediately after he got his arm locked and Paul Harris kept cranking it a good 5 seconds more. He purposely tried to snap it and he would have if he pulled another 2 seconds.

A true POS he is... I hope someone knocks him the F out again Lombard style.

I remember hearing Gordeau was dirty, but who did he permanently blind?

Nakai:

Gordeau was a trainer for UFC 2 semifinalist Remco Pardoel in 1994. He became notorious as a "dirty fighter", again using illegal tactics with the intentional eye-gouge of Yuki Nakai in the 1995 Japan Vale Tudo.[8] Nakai went on to beat Gordeau by submission, but lost sight in his right eye from the gouge.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerard_Gordeau

IMO, Gilbert Yvel, Mike Kyle are notable for there scum bag behaviour very much in the realm of Paul Harris. But my number 1 scum bag is Gerard Gordeau, who blinded another fighter (names escapes me) a real nasty piece of work.

fighter1-blog427.jpg

Did you watch the fight? You could see the eye gouging in real time. Didn't need replay.

Is Mazz not assigned to UFC fights anymore? Haven't seen him in forever. He needs his license revoked. And Pal should be fired. No excuse for that shit. But WSOF is a fringe org that hired Silva and Ford. They won't do anything. Hopefully the commission steps in

An accidental eye poke DOES NOT EQUAL eye gouging.

FFS, some of you on here are absolutely retarded.

If it was not clear, I thought Paul Harris was intentionally gouging Shields' eyes.

Back