Palhares never cranked imo. It was the ref pushing him backward.

Please notice the number of times Pierce taps. He does it the first time, vehemently, as soon as he hits the ground.
Sorry, but Palhares was way out of line.
The job was done, no need to inflict extra harm on a fellow fighter.

You don't let go until the ref stops it. Sorry, but every fighter knows the risk when they sign the contract.

Well ref is at fault too, instead of trying to touch Palhares to signal him to let go he was instead hugging Pierce's leg.

He touches him as he jumps down, that's the first thing the ref does. Check the gif. That is the universal ref signal of stop, but I guess Paul Harris has no sensation in his arms during Hulk mode.

814119262.gif

That gif makes it look like the cranks on it imo. The ref is already balls deep in there and he still does not let go.

Anyone who thinks he didn't crank has never trained in submission grappling for a day in their life. If you don't want to crank you just release your hands, it has nothing to do with being "pushed." The ref could have somehow made Palhares do a 1080 spin and it wouldn't have mattered because he could have just opened his hands, which is OBVIOUSLY the first thing you do when releasing a heel hook.

I understand that is what bugs a lot of people but the rules are it's not over at a tap. Also if you'll notice Pierce mostly taps the referee. Not Palhares. So he wouldn't feel the taps. Like I said I don't want this to be a name calling thread or a fan thread.

Just more of a view on what happened thread. As far as the rules go, I feel like the being banned was probably based on what they felt was a crank. And imo it never happened.

I'm sorry man, you're seeing what you want to see and you've convinced yourself that Phalhares did nothing wrong. If that's what you want to go with I'm not going to try to convince you any different.

You appear to have a lot of emotion vested in the delusion, so nothing that me or anyone else can say will really mean anything to you on this.

You can see Paul roll his shoulders with the ref.

This guy hams up everything and punishment has been late imo.

I'm glad someone finally posted this angle. Now you can clearly see that Palhares lets go as soon as he sees the referee. The extra crank at the end was due to the referee shoving his face into him.

Palhares did nothing wrong in this fight.

I rarely disagree with you sho, but he was cranking on it for too long. He was pulling harder than the ref was pushing.

Like the guy on the first page said, pierce was tapping hard, HARD from the get go. He should have let go sooner.

I know not wanting to release to solidify the submission as well as the victory, but imo the subs he holds too long and cranks on can be more devastating than an extra punch or two after getting ko'ed.

I rarely disagree with you sho, but he was cranking on it for too long. He was pulling harder than the ref was pushing.

Like the guy on the first page said, pierce was tapping hard, HARD from the get go. He should have let go sooner.

I know not wanting to release to solidify the submission as well as the victory, but imo the subs he holds too long and cranks on can be more devastating than an extra punch or two after getting ko'ed.

Yeah. Like I said I totally get people that think it was wrong. There's plenty of instances where people can see the same thing and look at it a completely different way. I get his history and agree he's far too rough at times. I also understand the cut due to those factors and not wanting a future injury. I just rewatched it again on my DVR and i still don't think he should have been cut but it's more of a leaning towards that opinion than it being me just saying he's not doing anything wrong at all. I get he's too rough at times. He just blanks out which really can hurt someone in the future.

I understand that is what bugs a lot of people but the rules are it's not over at a tap. Also if you'll notice Pierce mostly taps the referee. Not Palhares. So he wouldn't feel the taps. Like I said I don't want this to be a name calling thread or a fan thread.

Just more of a view on what happened thread. As far as the rules go, I feel like the being banned was probably based on what they felt was a crank. And imo it never happened.

I was going to make a thread about it, but might as well give my take on this situation in yours.

The guys trains at BTT, Murillo Bustamante took him under his wing when he was living on the streets.

If I remember correctly, Brazillian Top Team during Bustamante's run had some bad experiences with fighters fake tapping, I think it was against Team Quest members (Lindland and Henderson, not sure though), so after those events it could be something that he taught him: Do not let go of the hold until you clearly see the ref stepping in.

Another thing that might have played a factor into this was his fight against Miller, when he thought the fight was over and it wasn't, almost costing him the fight when he got rocked by Dan in that round.

At the end of the day what's done it's done, he's cut and there's nothing that we can do about it, but IMHO it was too much, a fine/suspension and a meeting with him and his trainer would've been enough, but that's just my opinion.

I was going to make a thread about it, but might as well give my take on this situation in yours.

The guys trains at BTT, Murillo Bustamante took him under his wing when he was living on the streets.

If I remember correctly, Brazillian Top Team during Bustamante's run had some bad experiences with fighters fake tapping, I think it was against Team Quest members (Lindland and Henderson, not sure though), so after those events it could be something that he taught him: Do not let go of the hold until you clearly see the ref stepping in.

Another thing that might have played a factor into this was his fight against Miller, when he thought the fight was over and it wasn't, almost costing him the fight when he got rocked by Dan in that round.

At the end of the day what's done it's done, he's cut and there's nothing that we can do about it, but IMHO it was too much, a fine/suspension and a meeting with him and his trainer would've been enough, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I mention somewhere in this thread about thinking Bustamante being a huge part of why he subs the way he does and about his never really reprimanding him. This was his first fight with Team Nog and was hoping they'd give Team Nog a shot at changing him but obviously it's past that point now.

Yeah. Like I said I totally get people that think it was wrong. There's plenty of instances where people can see the same thing and look at it a completely different way. I get his history and agree he's far too rough at times. I also understand the cut due to those factors and not wanting a future injury. I just rewatched it again on my DVR and i still don't think he should have been cut but it's more of a leaning towards that opinion than it being me just saying he's not doing anything wrong at all. I get he's too rough at times. He just blanks out which really can hurt someone in the future.

I agree with you there. He has said on several occasions that he gets caught up in the moment or like you said just kinda blanks out. He's a world class professional athlete and an extremely talented and dangerous man.

If he can't control himself he should no be in there. I don't want to see anyone's knee or ankle destroyed because of it.

If he can feel the level of slippery-ness of marquardt while being pounded in the face he can feel those hard slap taps.

It never looked like a crank to me. You can tell by his face that he wasn't cranking. People just making up shit to justify their hate.

no one seems to mind when a fighter gets in extra punches after a fighter gets knocked out..... the ref pushed rousimar

Yeah, I didn't notice the fact he was looking down and may not have seen the ref initially until he felt him pushing him.

So basically they fired him for doing his job more effectively than the ref... Interesting.

Back