Palhares lifetime ban from the UFC is bs

"Lifetime" bans from Dana usually last a year, at most. Look at Marquardt.

We aren't in the dark ages anymore

Pancrase Old rules

Aside from the traditional grappling rules (e.g., no biting, no eye-gouging) the rules were formerly as follows:

No elbows to the head (neither while standing nor on the ground).
No closed-fist strikes to the head (neither while standing nor on the ground).
No knees to the head on the ground.
No kicks/stomps to the head on the ground.
If a participant gets too close to the ropes, he is stood back up on the feet. (as opposed to PRIDE's recentering in the middle of the ring)
Non-title matches consist of one 15 minute round, while title matches consist of one 30 minute round.
If a participant is caught in a submission and taps out (whether unable to reach the ropes or not), it is a loss.
Five "escapes" are given to each fighter at the start of every match. An escape can be used when caught in a submission near the ropes, in which case the participant can grab them, be stood back on the feet and have one point deducted. Once a participant has used all of his escapes, it is a loss.
For knockouts, a ten-count similar to boxing and kickboxing is used. If the participant is unable to answer the ten-count, it is declared a TKO and that fighter has lost the match. However, if the participant is able to answer the ten-count, the fight resumes and one point is deducted.
If, at the end of regulated time, neither fighter has submitted, been knocked out, or lost all their points, a decision is rendered based on who lost fewer points. If neither fighter lost any points, or both lost the same number of points, the fight is declared a draw.
In the 1994 King of Pancrase tournament, the rules were slightly different, in that the first round had one 10 minute round and three rope escapes, and the finals had one 20 minute round with three rope escapes.

wow, just woke up to this news - sucks for palhares as he's an exciting fighter with a lot of promise, but these are modern days of MMA, and I think DW did the right thing to protect his fighters. unfortunate all around - nobody wins here..

He also isnt banned he was simply released.

You are right, a fighter doesnt have to let go of a sub until the ref tells him to stop, the problem you seem to leave it is the reason he was cut is because he DIDNT LET GO WHEN THE REF TOLD HIM TO STOP.

not once, not twice, not three or even 4 times. he has done this in mma/bjj about 5 times.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2236857&forum=1&page=1&pc=31

What did you watch? The mistake they made as an org was not putting a guy like Yamasaki in there. Because Palhares speaks portugese and he probably didn't understand what that ref was saying. He let go as soon as the ref came to him

Not his first offense, I fully support this ban, I can only imagine being a fighter and having refuse to stop ever though I am submitting... I have no sympathy for this guy

What did you watch? The mistake they made as an org was not putting a guy like Yamasaki in there. Because Palhares speaks portugese and he probably didn't understand what that ref was saying. He let go as soon as the ref came to him

WTF? the guy tapping in front of everyone 8 times and the ref grabbing you means to stop, dont give a fuck what language you speak. LOL him not understanding the ref.

That has the be the new dumbest excuse I've heard. and maybe you should watch it again, he did not let go when the ref jumped in, he yanked it again.

awful, ref says stop, you stop - or fuck off out of this sport.

I honestly i don't care if Palhares did it on purpose. A fighter should never let go of submission until the Referee pull him off the opponent.in 2002, Matt Lindland taped out, leading McCarthy to intercede. But when he shouted to stop the fight, Lindland argued he didn't tap, and McCarthy opted to restart the fight.
This bout remains the biggest gaffe on McCarthy.
Ken Shamrock did a hell of a lot more to leon dijk then Palhares did to Mike Pierce
Shamrock was not criticized at the time to torqued Mr Dijk ankle 180 degrees and until the Referee pull him off . we loved him for it. We all-so like Frank Mir for Breaking Tim Sylvia Arm. Anyway 3 or 4 wins at WW and Palhares will be back in the ufc.

mii1hs.gif

Rousimar+Palhares+Heel+Hooks+Mike+Massenzio+-+UFC+142.gif

Another uninformed poster. You clearly are missing the point.
Palhares is a multiple time repete offender.

In 2007 in Brazil Palhares choked Heilo Dipp unconscious with a rear-naked choke, he then had to be pulled off by the ref.
In his very NEXT FIGHT just 5 months later Palhares did it again with a heel-hook finish of Flavio Luiz Moura.

Now fast foward to the UFC and now this is the second time he has pulled this s*** in the UFC.
He's a repete offender and has no business fighting in the best organization in the world he's a liabiliaty to not only the UFC but to the health and well being of the fighters he fights.
Some of those heal hooks and leg locks are the most dangerous and potential career ending submissions you can pull off if you continue to keep holding that for too long the heel hook just dosent mess up your ankle and foot up it destroys and rips apart tendons in your knee also.

There is no use for a guy like Palhares to be fighting in the best organization with his past repeat offences. He litterally can end someone's career and will never fight in the UFC EVER AGAIN! Like I said he's is finished in the UFC and will never fight in the UFC ever again.

You are right, a fighter doesnt have to let go of a sub until the ref tells him to stop, the problem you seem to leave it is the reason he was cut is because he DIDNT LET GO WHEN THE REF TOLD HIM TO STOP.

not once, not twice, not three or even 4 times. he has done this in mma/bjj about 5 times.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2236857&forum=1&page=1&pc=31

you clearly have no idea what youre talking about

in adcc they rolled off the small mat. the confusion was if avellan tapped not him cranking it while the ref is yanking his arms apart

In his very NEXT FIGHT just 5 months later Palhares did it again with a heel-hook finish of Flavio Luiz Moura.

the ref in this fight was warning flavio for the illegal kick to the head meanwhile rousimar is going for a heel hook and the ref isnt even paying attention

so blame the ref on that one....none of you guys even watch the fights you speak about and just go off hear say

Another uninformed poster. You clearly are missing the point.
Palhares is a multiple time repete offender.

In 2007 in Brazil Palhares choked Heilo Dipp unconscious with a rear-naked choke, he then had to be pulled off by the ref.

Now fast foward to the UFC and now this is the second time he has pulled this s*** in the UFC.
He's a repete offender and has no business fighting in the best organization in the world he's a liabiliaty to not only the UFC but to the health and well being of the fighters he fights.
Some of those heal hooks and leg locks are the most dangerous and potential career ending submissions you can pull off if you continue to keep holding that for too long the heel hook just dosent mess up your ankle and foot up it destroys and rips apart tendons in your knee also.

There is no use for a guy like Palhares to be fighting in the best organization with his past repeat offences. He litterally can end someone's career and will never fight in the UFC EVER AGAIN! Like I said he's is finished in the UFC and will never fight in the UFC ever again.

Will never fight in the UFC ever again. right....

tito-ortiz-dana-white-is-my-bitch-shirt.jpg

He definitely should have gotten some sort of punishment because he's done this more than once. I'd say a fine plus a suspension would've sufficed. I do like Palhares and hope he gets pick-up by Bellator or WSOF. I don't think he is malicious just maybe not the brightest bulb in the box.

the ref in this fight was warning flavio for the illegal kick to the head meanwhile rousimar is going for a heel hook and the ref isnt even paying attention

so blame the ref on that one....none of you guys even watch the fights you speak about and just go off hear say
Just watched it. You are 100% right. The people are are fucking tools.

i dont like to see anyone injured but some of these refs are sooo dumb and reckless.
sucks this happens
Isn't the ref in that fight Vitor Ribeiro? I wouldn't call him dumb and reckless...

Back