Palhares lifetime ban from the UFC is bs

savemgs

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I honestly i don't care if Palhares did it on purpose. A fighter should never let go of submission until the Referee pull him off the opponent.in 2002, Matt Lindland taped out, leading McCarthy to intercede. But when he shouted to stop the fight, Lindland argued he didn't tap, and McCarthy opted to restart the fight.
This bout remains the biggest gaffe on McCarthy.
Ken Shamrock did a hell of a lot more to leon dijk then Palhares did to Mike Pierce
Shamrock was not criticized at the time to torqued Mr Dijk ankle 180 degrees and until the Referee pulls him off . we loved him for it. We all-so like Frank Mir for Breaking Tim Sylvia Arm. Anyway 3 or 4 wins at WW and Palhares will be back in the ufc.

mii1hs.jpg

Rousimar+Palhares+Heel+Hooks+Mike+Massenzio+-+UFC+142.gif

Last edited:
The ref told him to stop multiple times. Palhares is dangerous to the UFC because he at risk for injuring fighters.

He often keeps going even after the ref tells him to stop, his opponent frantically tapping should at least prep him for the merest signal from the ref, but it's often seconds more of holding/cranking even once the ref says stop.

Also, you think the UFC would allow underhanded tactics like faking a tap? The faker would be banned.

He often keeps going even after the ref tells him to stop, his opponent frantically tapping should at least prep him for the merest signal from the ref, but it's often seconds more of holding/cranking even once the ref says stop.

Also, you think the UFC would allow underhanded tactics like faking a tap? The faker would be banned.

This is it exactly. As soon as the ref gives a hint of a signal he should let go, but he holds on for a couple more seconds. It's horrible.

Well, in Ken's defense, he did let go long before the ref called it off. :icon_chee

But, yeah that was pretty nasty.

imagine the shit Dana has told his coaches/team prior to the fights, to make sure he understands

Let's let some roiding Gorilla crank on your leg after you're tapping and see how bad you think it is then.

You sound scared bro. Hes just on tv, he wont come out and attack you.

I've heard he actually isn't banned he was just released. He was made an example of. I don't know if he is malicious or just not too bright. But either way he dangerous and he tends to do it with one of the more dangerous submissions.

Matt Lindland had 6 more fights in the ufc when he did it.

I honestly i don't care if Palhares did it on purpose. A fighter should never let go of submission until the Referee pull him off the opponent.in 2002, Matt Lindland taped out, leading McCarthy to intercede. But when he shouted to stop the fight, Lindland argued he didn't tap, and McCarthy opted to restart the fight.
This bout remains the biggest gaffe on McCarthy.
Ken Shamrock did a hell of a lot more to leon dijk then Palhares did to Mike Pierce
Shamrock was not criticized at the time to torqued Mr Dijk ankle 180 degrees and until the Referee pull him off . we loved him for it. We all-so like Frank Mir for Breaking Tim Sylvia Arm. Anyway 3 or 4 wins at WW and Palhares will be back in the ufc.

mii1hs.gif

Rousimar+Palhares+Heel+Hooks+Mike+Massenzio+-+UFC+142.gif

Mike Massenzio was looking at the ref like hey im going to tap soon just pull him off. Imagine the BS if Anderson would have let go of his triangle on Chael? What if Werdum had let go when Fedor single tapped? Plenty of people phantom tap even in tourneys. Shoot how many people have gotten deep in a sub and escaped? If the ref stepped in imagine the QQ

I don't hear sh** about Rousey? You know what just tap. Save your arm/leg/consciousness. Palhares did nothing wrong but wait for the ref to stop it. Even in his famous "crazy match in the BJJ tourney" the guy tapped but was out of bounds. I would have said good match I'll see you next year No pride got in the way he went back out and almost lost a leg. Pride fool. Some people need to wash this sand out of the clam.

Mike Massenzio was looking at the ref like hey im going to tap soon just pull him off. Imagine the BS if Anderson would have let go of his triangle on Chael? What if Werdum had let go when Fedor single tapped? Plenty of people phantom tap even in tourneys. Shoot how many people have gotten deep in a sub and escaped? If the ref stepped in imagine the QQ

I don't hear sh** about Rousey? You know what just tap. Save your arm/leg/consciousness. Palhares did nothing wrong but wait for the ref to stop it. Even in his famous "crazy match in the BJJ tourney" the guy tapped but was out of bounds. I would have said good match I'll see you next year No pride got in the way he went back out and almost lost a leg. Pride fool. Some people need to wash this sand out of the clam.
The problem isn't hanging on until the ref tells you to stop it's hanging on after the ref has told you to get off. He has had to be pried off by the ref. It's happened multiple times. Not to mention he's coming off a drug suspension. This was just the final straw that broke thw camels back.

You are right, a fighter doesnt have to let go of a sub until the ref tells him to stop, the problem you seem to leave it is the reason he was cut is because he DIDNT LET GO WHEN THE REF TOLD HIM TO STOP.

not once, not twice, not three or even 4 times. he has done this in mma/bjj about 5 times.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2236857&forum=1&page=1&pc=31

lol no sh** TS seems to miss that fact -- Mike Pierce was tapping and the ref was on both of them and Paul Harris still held it for a bit after

The problem isn't hanging on until the ref tells you to stop it's hanging on after the ref has told you to get off. He has had to be pried off by the ref. It's happened multiple times. Not to mention he's coming off a drug suspension. This was just the final straw that broke thw camels back.

I understand. Its just that in terms of danger people not tapping as soon as he gets his hooks in is crazy. Leg locks are a different animal. You are ok until a certain point then sh** goes to hell real fast. Maybe it because ive had it happen and I just tap or don't give guy space. Too many people try to jump out or roll the wrong way.

Back